[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank the new cast's performances in TFA >Driver >Boyega
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: tfa_poster_wide_header_adb92fa0.jpg (140 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
tfa_poster_wide_header_adb92fa0.jpg
140 KB, 600x337
Rank the new cast's performances in TFA

>Driver
>Boyega
>Ridley
>Isaac
>>
>>66930755
Isaac > Driver > Boyega >> ridley
>>
File: 1453118056777.jpg (72 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
1453118056777.jpg
72 KB, 474x503
>>66930755
Driver
Ford
Ridley
Boyega
Isaac
>>
>Driver
8/10

>Boyega
6/10

>Ridley
5/10

>Isaac
7/10
>>
>>66930810
I'd agree that Issac is a better actor overall but he didn't have much to do in TFA so I'd go:

Driver > Isaac > Boyega > Ridley
>>
>>66930755
Driver > Ford > Isaac > Ridley > Boyega > Fisher

To be fair, Ford got bumped up some for being good in the other films.
>>
1. Based Driver
2. Daisy Ridley
3. John Boyega
4. Oscar Isaac
>>
File: enough.gif (2 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
enough.gif
2 MB, 500x250
>Isaac at the bottom
>>
>>66930867
This
>>
The new main three were all great but Adam Driver easily stole the show. Isaac is one of the industry best right now but he wasn't much more than a side character. I'm assuming he'll have a bigger role in later movies.
>>
>>66930888
he was a glorified extra desu, not even worth a rate at this moment
>>
Adam Driver >>>>> John Boyega > Daisy Ridley > Oscar Isaac

Oscar Isaac is a great actor, but he didn't do much. This was Diver's movie, tbqh.
>>
>>66930950
His ability to steal the show is not correlated to his amount of screentime. I fell in love with him three minutes after his first appearance.
I actually thought he legit died in the TIE fighter crash and I thanked Jesus when he came back at Takodana.
>>
Lmao at anybody putting Isaac in anything but last place. We're ranking the preformances in this movie, and nothing else.

Driver > Ridley > Boyega > Isaac
>>
>>66930755
Driver > Gleeson

everyone else into the trash
>>
>>66930755
Driver > Ford > Boyega > Ridley

Driver was unironically the best villain performance in the series, Ford had real gravitas and a warm sense of presence, Boyega was charming if not really interesting, and Ridley did a mediocre job (though admittedly with a mediocre character, so it's probably not the best gauge of her acting skills, we'll have to wait for some real roles to judge her ability).

Isaac doesn't even qualify because he was an extra, and was over-emotive and HYPERCHARGED to an annoying degree in the few scenes he had.

Gleeson is noteworthy for delivering an absolute shit performance as Hux desu senpai. It was a shitty role so I don't hold it against him too much, but fuck if he couldn't have taken it a little more seriously. Just because the movie is lowest common denominator fare doesn't mean you have to be smugly fucking with it
>>
>>66931055
Ridley is only not last if you assume her character was intended to be autistic from social isolation.
>>
>>66931126
you got a problem with cute?
>>
>>66931353
CUTE!
>>
Driver
Isaac
Ridley
Boyega

Boyega was literally Marvel tier.
>>
>>66932259
yes
>>
>boyega
>isaac
>driver
>ridley
>>
1.driver
2. Boyega
3.Isaac
4.Ridley
>>
>>66933284
>Ridley last
triggered
>>
>>66930755
I have to go Driver > Boyega > Isaac > Ridley

But they were all pretty good. I have issues with a lot about TFA but the acting isn't one of them.
>>
>>66933320
Like her grandfather before her, her lines weren't delivered well but facial acting on par
>>
>>66933390
>her grandfather
Obi Wan?
>>
This franchise has already turned into endless liberal pandering hasn't it?
>>
File: daisy_gal1_2186211_2186375a.jpg (57 KB, 620x437) Image search: [Google]
daisy_gal1_2186211_2186375a.jpg
57 KB, 620x437
>>66933696
Not yet.
>>
>>66931096
I hope Kylo has more maskless scenes in the rest of the movie because Driver's facial acting is a strength of his. He stood out more out of that helmet.

Also I think Isaac was good. He oozed charisma enough to become a fan favorite even with so few scenes. Gleeson was fine, there's only so much you can do when directed to act like an evil and slightly petty nazi.
>>
>>66933755
You must be kidding

We already have:
>Mary Sue
>Dindu Nuffin
>Promised LGBTQBBQ+ Characters
>White male villain
>>
Driver
Isaac
Boyega
Ridley
>>
Driver > Ridley > Boyega > Isaac
>>
>>66933851
Reylo will be our salvation, anon.
>>
>>66933851
>White male villain
That was in the originals, too, so it's not really a mark against TFA since it could just as easily be another element that it ripped from the originals.
>>
>>66933851
>>Mary Sue
Leia was a strong independent woman
>>Dindu Nuffin
Lando
>>White male villain
Tarkin and the Emperor
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.