[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come they never wrote anymore screenplays? They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
How come they never wrote anymore screenplays?

They're better writers than actors.
>>
Because they got offered 20 million dollars to star in movies as opposed to spending weeks writing in a dark room to maybe get the script greenlit and get paid considerably less.
>>
Maaaaat daaamooon
>>
>>66929464
d-don't say that about matty...
>>
>>66929464
They basically didn't come up with the crucial ideas for that script themselves. They wanted to make Will Hunting a CIA agent or something.
>>
>>66929464
Wow, afflecki looks heaps better now
>>
It seems to me that they had something to say, but don't anymore. Instead of writing for money they just don't write. They're cool like that.

Affleck is a really good director though.
>>
Affleck has written and directed several flicks already you know
>>
>>66929464
Prison Break guy is a better writer. Stoker was a great movie.
>>
>>66929464
They didnt actually write it.
>>
>>66929531
well, they did make him an assassin trained by CIA who lost his memory and it worked, there are like 5 or 6 sequels
>>
they both still write though

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000354/#writer

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000255/?ref_=nv_sr_1#writer
>>
>>66929464
Because they only wrote it because they were struggling to find acting work.
>>
>>66930077
Pretty much this. Affleck was really only getting major roles from Kevin Smith at the time.
>>
>>66929644
They did but what >>66929531 says is true.
>>
>>66929464
Is that Adam Sandler?
>>
>>66930274
No, it's an Oscar.
>>
>>66929464

Acting is easier and pays better
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 229x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 229x224
>There are people browsing this thread right now who have never heard of William Goldman
>>
File: damon-williams.jpg?w=636.jpg (101 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
damon-williams.jpg?w=636.jpg
101 KB, 636x358
>>66929464
I am glad Matt Damon got this Oscar at the start of his career, so he wasn't caught up in that whole "MUH OCSAR" business like Leo DiCaprio was: overacting and picking endless Oscar-bait roles
>>
>>66929498
Not to mention no one gives a shit about writers. More money, more pussy, more respect, better options as a writer.

It's also much, much easier to go from star actor to writer than the other way around.
>>
>>66930875
>as a writer.
as an actor*
>>
>>66930723
This.
>>
Pro-tip: most people have like one story in them. A small minority of them can actually tell it good.
>>
>>66931466
Thanks Matt
>>
>>66930723
who ?
>>
>>66929464
Much lower risk in acting.

These two are still considered good writers based off this one example. If Affleck wrote any of the really horrible shit he starred in, he'd be permanently labeled a hack by the industry. Instead he's the lead in the biggest budget flick of the year. Pretty based tbqhh
>>
>>66930723
He's the guy who penned the classic line "I DUDDITZ"
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.