[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to marathon HOUSE MD. What can I expect? Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4
About to marathon HOUSE MD.

What can I expect? Is it any good?

It has a nice score on IMDB.
>>
All I can tell is that it's not lupus.

Also that the show is terrible.
>>
Becomes real repetitive halfway through the first season, picks up a bit of speed around the end and the first half of the second series and then that's it
>>
>>66928840
It's fun if you want to see an asshole shit on everyone that is normal, and lots that aren't
Basically, if you like reading 4chan posts you'll enjoy it.
>>
It's very repetitive. It repeats good things, but there's only so much of it you can handle before being bored to tear.

When people say it turned bad at some point, they are wrong, they just grew tired of it.
>>
stopped watching when they changed the team.
>>
Stop after Season 5. Trust me, you will absolutely hate the series beyond that point.
>>
Last night I had a dream about licking Cuddy's pussy and being her goy-toy.
>>
>>66928840
Up to the point where he goes to the asylum place it's good.
>>
Worked well as a weekly or daily show, watching it all at once makes it tiring since the repetitive elements become more evident in back to back viewing.
>>
I wish there was a super cut where all the repetitive medical was cut out.

Literally only watched the show for House and his character development. At least until they decided to revert everything back.
>>
none of his quips work irl.
>>
Is it safe to assume that HouseXCameron is OTP?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgKRN0w0l8Y
>>
>>66928840

It should have ended with the third season. Fifth season and onwards is just plain bad.
>>
>>66930445
this

it was really good first 3 seasons
>>
what's the best episode and why is it the alien abduction one in season 3?
>>
>>66931287
I loved the scene of House trolling his team about the metal analysis
>>
>>66931287

Its the episode where that guy holds him hostage for a diagnosis.
>>
Top three episodes:

1) When House substitutes a teacher.
2) When one of his team becomes the patient.
3) The special episode at the end of the series.
>>
>>66928840
First two diagnoses are always incorrect. It takes him three tries. This guy is a horrible doctor
>>
>>66932485
>First two diagnoses are always incorrect. It takes him three tries. This guy is a horrible doctor

He literally only takes cases no one else can figure out.
>>
I really liked it, maybe it's because I'm generally interested in medical topics. They always use the same recipe though, so if you don't like the first few episodes you probably won't like the rest.

Last season kind of sucks, too.
>>
Procedural shows are really bad for marathoning. I would recommend watching 2-3 per day at most.
>>
Sherlock Holmes as a doctor.
>>
>>66928840
It is quite enjoyable to watch an episode every week but is boring to marathon the most I have watched in one sitting was 6. I still enjoy watching it in small doses though
>>
>>66928840
pretty good for a guy doing an american accent the whole time...he also plays the piano in a band

but if you want accurate medical information, watch Scrubs
>>
>>66928840
skip 5-7 season, 8 is medicore
>>
>>66928840

Binge watching house will reveal to you just how formulative the episodes are.

You'll also get sick of how there is always a super liberal female character.

By the way the best foil House will ever have is the cop Tritter. Plebs consider that arc to be awful but that's because they're plebs annoyed that their hero actually faces someone who can reign him him for once.
>>
>tfw there's an episode about your condition and he gets it all wrong

Kinda ruined the immersion for me, made me realize it's just a team of shitty writers behind it all
>>
>>66933801
tell us about it
>>
>>66933801
on the topic of the accuracy of all the medical stuff that goes on
http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html
>>
>>66932375
that's a really good episode for a later season but original teams episodes are still better
>>
>>66932438
the 2 parter where Foreman is sick is probably my favorite

His acting was first rate
>>
>>66933801
My mom died from the same disease that Mark Warner, Stacy's crippled husband, had

They didn't explain it well in the show but the symptoms were right
>>
>>66928840

House is not to be marathoned. It's rare but it happens. If you do, every episode will be similar to the previous one. Same House's OCDs, same pranks, same house is drug adict/loner/madmen/genius. The only things different will be the patients. And not all of them were interesting.
>>
File: M73r4yX.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
M73r4yX.gif
1 MB, 400x300
Don't marathon that show.
It is good but marathoning does it no favors since it really highlights how formulaic it actually is.
>>
I liked this series but the rape scenes were a bit much
>>
House X Cuddy has to be one of the all time great Shark Jumps. Right up there with the Original Happy Days Shark Jump.

I'm 24 mins into the 2nd episode of season 7 and I can't watch anymore.
>>
It's absolutely formulaic.
>opening scene is someone who is seemingly the one about to get really sick, it's actually someone in the background
>House's team tries to mend the situation. Doesn't work
>House steps in, doesn't work, and makes it worse
>House is doing something like playing Metroid or tic-tax-toe when it hits him that it's the radioactive key chains fault
>House saves the day

Yeah, you can break down a lot of shows like this, like Sunny. But for me it was just really apparent. Having said that, great show. In my opinion became shit when he gets a new team of students.
>>
>>66931287
My favorites are:
>Three Stories, which reveals the cause of House's limp
>No Reason, the second season finale where House gets shot
>House's Head / Wilson's Heart, which is the bus accident, House in a coma, Amber's death. Robert Sean Leonard should have won an Emmy for that episode.
>Broken, which is House in the looney bin

Basically the stories which take a long hard look at House's characterization, particularly No Reason. If that had been the series finale, it'd have been perfect. House comes to a perfect realization about himself and where he wants to be among humanity. And then of course it's squandered next season.
>>
I never had a problem marathoning House. Probably because I was sucked in by House's characterization instead of the episode plot. Hugh Laurie carried the entire show and made me want to continue to watch solely because of that character.
>>
>>66928840
Three Stories is one of the best episodes I've ever seen. Also love Broken, Baggage, House's Head, Babies & Bathwater and many others.

It becomes repetitive but character interactions make it interesting.
>>
>>66935642

Same to me.
>>
>>66935513
It's funny because the introduction formula for the first few episodes is

>see someone in the process of getting really sick
>the episode will be about that person

then they switched it to what you said

>look that guy is the patient this time
>just kidding it's that other guy no one noticed and who wasn't even in the shot.

But then they just do that new formula for literally every episode after the first 3 or 4 from season 1.

Apart from that House is EXTREMELY comfy, that ambient original music they use all the time is amazing, and the pop tunes thrown in here and there are usually well chosen. The formulaic structure only strengthens this I found.

It could also be called "watch H. Laurie be cool for 40 minutes : the tv show"
>>
>>66928840
The first three season are good.
The One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest arc is GOAT tier.
And the final season is worth a watch.
>>
>>66935513
>In my opinion became shit when he gets a new team of students.
Early Season Four is the highlight of the show. When he hires like sixty people and starts narrowing them down to find his final three. It's solid as fuck.
>>
It's good until season 5. It then turns from a medical mystery show to a shitty medical drama about characters that are dry and 1 dimensional.
>>
>>66935513
>Having said that, great show
Although House M.D., was formuliac what made the show stand on it own weight was the characters Hugh Laurie portrayal of House, for a television show, was great acting. I liked how it was about House solving the puzzle of what made his patients tick and not having this God Complex and wanting to save the patient of the week. There was two or three episodes where the patient died and I also liked how they dealt with the aftermath House usually getting blame and whatnot. It weren't too soap operaesque where no characters said "It's not your fault" everybody tried to take account and figure what went wrong and what could have gone right.

The original team Foreman, Cameron and Chase, those seasons will always be the best of House.

Kutner and Amber were probably the only ones I tolerated and the Asian in the final season.
>>
>>66935307
>I'm 24 mins into the 2nd episode of season 7 and I can't watch anymore
You'll like season 8.

Cuddy got axed because the actress demanded higher pay in salary. And it is all about House x Wilson.
>>
Chase has the best character development in the show. Prove me wrong. House was getting good, but cuddy literally reset him back to season 2 house.
>>
>>66936051
this. And i mean, once you watch the first three season youll probably watch the rest anyway just because of the time investment. They're not bad characters but sometimes the formula gets kinda dull
>>
>>66936820

I need you to relax your anus.
>>
>>66936820
never liked chase, he was always so sulky.
>>
>>66933380

>people don't like Tritter arc

????
>>
>>66936820
>brown nosing yes-man
>puts up with House's abuse for years until he fakes his own death and he can have his job
wow, much progression

the only noticeable difference in his character was when the writers gave him short hair and suddenly decided to make him a manwhore
>>
Wilson has cancer
>>
>>66935571
>>66935945
Agree, Three Stories is absolutely fantastic.
>>
Show for edgy manchildren tbqh familia
>>
Formulaic but I love how it ended.
>>
>>66937396

I recall bringing it up on SA when the site was still relevant.

They considered the Tritter arc to be the absolute worst period of House.
>>
>>66928840
If you "marathon" it probably you'll get tired fast. As a weekly show watching House being a dick was fun.

It has some brilliant chapters though. The one where they are making a documentary and the writers uses this to somehow make a self-parody , the one of the three stories, the supermodel, the guy that couldn't lie...

The humor is usually fine, the drama...
>>
>>66929008
Wrong. The last 3 seasons are objectively shit
>>
I thought the ending was the best of any show I've seen. What does that make me?
>>
>>66928840
Every episode is almost identical. Watch a few seasons and then you have pretty much seen the entire thing.
>>
>>66928840
you will always think it might be lupus. half the time the house team thinks it might be lupus.

it never is lupus
>>
>>66943034
It ends up being Lupus a couple of times.
>>
>>66928840
It's a fun show and very comfy. It's pretty formulaic but they insert enough gems to break it up that it stays interesting for the first few seasons.
>>
>>66942837
>Every episode is almost identical.
This is a meme. Yes, there's almost always the medical puzzle, but the puzzles don't necessarily follow the same pathways and they're sometimes completely subservient to the drama.
>>
Official best episodes ranking:

House's Head/Wilson's Heart
Three Stories
Euphoria
Locked In
Son of a Coma Guy
Whatever it Takes
Last Resort
Lines in the Sand
Human Error
>>
That finale when House tries to remember what happened on that bus
Man that was intense.
>>
>when House dreams of Cuddy dancing on House's Head
Noice desu
>>
Checking the Imdb entry by sheer curiosity...
Holy shit 8.8... and it recommends Dexter with a 8.8 too...
>>
>>66943481
>>66943481
>House's Head/Wilson's Heart

Why the fuck did Wilson get terminal cancer out of all the fucking people on the show?
He was literally a cancer doctor.
>>
>>66944292
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
Season 4's two-espisode finale makes the entire series worth it.
>>
>>66928840
house isnt funny
>>
>>66928840
ROAD HOUSE
>>
Horrible show to marathon. You'll get throw S1 then be bored of the formula. S2 and 3 are good but still repetitive.
>>
File: wilson.jpg (143 KB, 1166x778) Image search: [Google]
wilson.jpg
143 KB, 1166x778
>>66944292
I'm surprised Wilson didn't get it worse.
>>
>>66935122
>mouse bite serum
lost it
>>
>>66936072
maybe if they've had 24 episodes to have the new guys settle in, the show wouldn't have gotten shit
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.