[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, what a piece of shit movie this was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
Seriously, what a piece of shit movie this was
>>
>>66928370
Seriously?
>>
>>66928370
any good cams ? cannot find a thing yet.
>>
>>66928370
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>66928448
I understand what they were trying to do with it, I really do.

But for them to make a good slow burn movie, the ending has to pay off. It was a poor attempt at an art house movie, granted, the scenery and theme looked nice
>>
>>66928538
I'm kind of torn on the final scene. I really liked the imagery but at the same time I would have appreciated something a little more subtle.
>>
>>66928538
I think the ending had a good enough pay off.

A lot happened in the last 10 minutes, we saw the family fall apart from suspicion, we learned that Black Phillip really was a demon, we learned that there were multiple witches in the forest, not just one.

But if you think of the part where she wanders into the forest as THE payoff then yeah, it's shit payoff. I walked away from it satisfied consider the what was happening before that though.
>>
>>66928370
>lol he fell for it
>>
>>66928911
The scene where she signs the book was amazing though. I absolutely loved that you hear those soft jingles as Satan moves around her as if he has little bells on the end of his cloak or something. They perfectly captured the New England folklore depiction of him.
>>
>>66928370
>>66928370

From the review it was supposed to be a historical slash art piece about life at that time.

Sounds good to me Senpai but I'm disappointed it's not actually a horror movie.
>>
>>66928370
Nah, you'll appreciate it after you see a legitimate piece of shit like "The Other Side of the Door"
>>
A solid 90 minutes of creepiness. You're not going to enjoy it if you want spoonfed jump-scares for the whole thing.

Also the soundtrack was fucking ace. It's like they just said
>you know that Haxan Cloak guy?
>say no more senpai
>>
>>66928370
it's ok OP there i movies that i didn't really understand too.
>>
>>66928370
I liked it plenty, I guess that makes me pleb. The scene with Black Phillip revealing himself to Thomasin is officially the best depiction of The Devil in all of cinema
>>
>>66931104
>would you like to live deliciously?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>66929006
those were his spurs jingling, which were briefly visible. but otherwise, yes. very much this.
>>
>>66931139
it's meant to be enticing the way the apple was enticing to eve.
>>
>>66931139
I looked up the voice of Black Phillip

http://www.wahabchaudhry.com/

The Devil is a beautiful shitskin
>>
>>66931139
He was offering her free satanic candy of course.

How else do you think he convinced all those witches.
>>
Loved this movie, I feel bad for people who don't get it.

Black Philip is living the delicious life and haters are peanut butter and jealous.
>>
>>66931317
lol
>>
Was The Witch just a shitty movie or just a Blair Witch Project sequel?
>>
>>66931350
>Blair Witch Project sequel
this
>>
>>66931350
*prequel
>>
File: 1457163883557.jpg (102 KB, 605x430) Image search: [Google]
1457163883557.jpg
102 KB, 605x430
>>66931139
>>66931104
>>
>>66931565
outstanding.
>>
>>66931223
>those were his spurs jingling

Ah, that makes sense.
>>
File: bang.jpg (300 KB, 1165x804) Image search: [Google]
bang.jpg
300 KB, 1165x804
>no torrent
>not showing in my entire fuggen state

J U S T
>>
File: Why_Bird_Stop_Playdays.jpg (24 KB, 320x343) Image search: [Google]
Why_Bird_Stop_Playdays.jpg
24 KB, 320x343
Just seen it here in the UK, it's more of a supernatural period drama than a genre horror film imo and benefits greatly from this.

None of the complaints I've heard about it really applied to me. I could understand their speech easily because I'm English, I didn't find the rabbit humourous, it was obviously supposed to be a Witches familiar and was well used.

As far as any complaints about pacing, scary jumps, "too much talking/it's boring!" etc. That's just pleb level complaints, disregarded.

Been looking forward to this, I have a great interest in the history of this period, and I was not disappointed, great fucking film lads.
>>
>>66932318
Hit the nail on the head with all these points. Just saw it this afternoon in the UK too. Didn't find the rabbit funny either (didn't even see anyone complaining about this). The nipple-bird bit and the talking goat were great, and not at all humorous. And the language was quite easy to follow (Finchy was fantastic in his role). The soundtrack was absolutely top too.
>>
File: bnv.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
bnv.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
>>66932237
>>
>>66932318
FUCK YES MAYTE!!! spot-fucking-on.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.