[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 215px-CitwTeaserSmall.jpg (20 KB, 215x318) Image search: [Google]
215px-CitwTeaserSmall.jpg
20 KB, 215x318
Thoughts, /tv/?
>>
Overrated
>>
>>66928011
>>66926967
>>
Underrated
>>
awesome
>>
completely and irredeemably tolerable
>>
Good, but the potential of it all is better than the execution we got.
>>
literally less obvious reddit: the movie

i still kind of liked it, makes me worry about myself a little
>>
It was a complete hack of the book Little White Trip: A Night in the Pines.

Just like Firefly was a hack of Starhunter, Angel was a hack of Tomb of Dracula, and Buffy was a hack of Sailor Moon.
>>
>>66928156

Question.
I haven't been on this board for long. I've never understood why you guys say something's reddit. Like, what does that mean?
>>
>>66928284
spotted the redditor
>>
>>66928284
This is basically how you spot people that should fuck off to reddit. They just call reddit anything they don't like.
>>
>>66928284
anything you dont like
>>
>>66928357
>>66928377
spotted the redditors

it's a very specific type of trendy wannabe rebelliousness with some feigned purposeless edge and usually some sort of pandering that is designed to be inoffensive and likable to get mass hipster approval

if you think it's "anything you don't like", you probably belong over there because you'd fit right in with the rest of the retards who mostly just say that because it pisses them off that anyone with an iq over 105 and half an effort can see their shit for what it really is
>>
>>66928011
Scientist chick was hot
>>
>>66928284
>Like,
It means something like that.
>>
>>66928284
>something's reddit
most of the time means:
>filled with pop culture
>filled with stupid fucking puns (that redditors obviously swallow like a black hole)
>cliche feelgood moments
>"oh jennifer lawrence is an icon on plebbit, everyone likes her, we need her for every meme movie now"

It's all just forced "you like this and this and this, therefore we put all of it in this movies".
It's literally the same a 90% of the circlejerking content on reddit.
If you have a good joke and put it on reddit. They will literally create thousands upon thousands of "different" versions of that joke and still fucking laugh at it.
>>
>>66928011
Very good, watched it twice and recommend to anyone if asked.
>>
>>66928500
>if you think it's "anything you don't like",

That's exactly what it is, and no long winded pleas to take your shitposting seriously is going to change that.
>>
>>66930590
>If you have a good joke and put it on reddit. They will literally create thousands upon thousands of "different" versions of that joke and still fucking laugh at it.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like /tv/ at all.

And your description of a what a "reddit movie" entails is vague to the point of meaningless, which I guess is appropriate if you need a term to throw at any movie you dislike. The idea about pleasing multiple demographics and having feelgood moments in particularly can be used to describe any popular film.
>>
>>66931205
No movie should be influenced by pop-culture from social media anyway, not even 4chan.
>>
>>66928011
I liked it. It was inventive, and though I'm not a huge fan of horror I'm a sucker for horror comedy/satire. Bit of a contradiction, but that's how I feel about it.

Also, I feel like we need another type of movie with a similar concept. Seth Grahame-Smith (of Pride and Predjudice and Zombies/Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter fame) has a book called How To Survive A Horror Movie that's got an interesting take on the whole meta-horror idea.
>>
File: images-2.jpg (5 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
5 KB, 189x267
>>66930590
>They will literally create thousands upon thousands of "different" versions of that joke and still fucking laugh at it
>>
>>66928011
Loved it, the only horror I reccomend to friends
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.