[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love comic books. I love movies. I even loved the Avengers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
I love comic books. I love movies. I even loved the Avengers as a pop-corn, fun romp when it came out. But man, it has destroyed cinema. We will never have major studios financially supporting things like The Godfather. It will never be the late seventies or the early eighties again. Now we get the same formulaic shit year after year, and people just eat it up. it's a fucking disgrace that there will be a Star Wars movie every fucking year until 2020, or a Superhero movie bi-monthly until the sun explodes. The mainstream will never push the boundaries of what cinema is, or what it means, or innovate in storytelling. We have shit franchises now, instead of good, solid, stand-alone movies.

pic related.
>>
>>66927466
Oh look another 23 year old claiming to know jack shit about cinema.

Let me guess you just saw Taxi Driver or something right?
>>
>>66927466
You have to look outside the shitty American cinema pham.
>>
>>66927507

I am an oldfag in his thirties. I didn't say I knew much about cinema. But I know enough to see that when your industry treats every movie it cranks out as the start of a franchise, something is wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 388x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 388x500
>>66927466
>>
>>66927466
>cinema
watch more tv anon
>>
>>66927564
How is "something wrong" exactly? Would you like no movies at all? How about silent black and why movies of people smoking cigarettes in Paris?

Give it a rest. Their just movies. Even the old shit you're holding in such high regard, their just movies.
>>
>>66927613
Why are you even on this board
>>
Maybe don't watch Hollywood anymore? There are lots of great young directors working right now, directors like Weerasethakul, Sean Baker, Ceylan, Slaboshpytskiy, etc.

If you're not satisfied with the mainstream, look beyond it. Cinema as a whole is just as exciting as it's ever been.
>>
I love how reactionary pleb nerds are with this shite.

>He doesn't like capeshit. Therefore, he must be love movies about french-iranian people smoking and contemplating suicide.
>>
>>66927673
Not to incessantly bitch over every single new movie made, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>66927613
>Would you like no movies at all?

Not him, but yes. I would not give a singular fuck. I just come here for the laughs.
>>
>>66927564
>in his thirties
>STILL browsing this god-forsaken teenager hell
what the fuck are you doing with your life

grow up
>>
>>66927466
You can't make this argument on /tv/ anymore. It's become infested with /co/ and /v/.

The artistic integrity of the American film industry has diminished decade on decade and capeshit has just accelerated the process.

The gap between the massive tent pole blockbusters and the independent films is growing year on year. Studios refuse to hand out any kind of substantial money to a project that isn't already bankable. It's sad. The days of studios giving young filmmakers a cash injection to go off and, for better or worse, make the movie they want, with creative control in the hands of the creative people, are long gone.

How anyone older than 14 can be excited for a third Spider-Man is beyond me.
>>
>I love comic books.

stopped reading right there
>>
>>66927741
How can i access this guy`s work?
>>
>>66928514

/tv/ is the board for us old men when there's nothing good on /fit/ and we're sick of youngfag redditors on /v/.
>>
>>66927613
You are literally everything wrong with this board. Fucking go back to die in reddit where you belong.
>>
>>66927466
The only way to stop this is not watching it. I feel your pain, though. It's really quite sad.
>>
>>66927466
The industry is dead because it took them 15years to adapt to the internet.
Also, writers are shit. All Hollywood have is LMAO 420 potheads writing. This new generation os beyond saving. We wont have a new Godfather not because capeshit, but because writers can't come up with anything original or good.
>>
>>66927613
>"Don't complain, just eat the shit. Eat it."
>>
>>66928725
>using terms like youngfag and reddittor unironically
>thinking /tv/ is better than /v/ in any way when 80% of the demographics are the same
Like I said, grow up
>>
>>66929114
>no fun allowed

You first
>>
>>66928653
>How anyone older than 14 can be excited for a third Spider-Man is beyond me.

If it only were so mate. This will be the sixth.
>>
People listened to Disco music in the 70s

Things eventually got better

relax
>>
>>66930079

>Implying disco was bad
>>
>>66930079
>Things eventually got better
Only until late 90's house music producers revived it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.