[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of this fat fuck Roger Ebert?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9
File: images (45).jpg (14 KB, 465x316) Image search: [Google]
images (45).jpg
14 KB, 465x316
What do you guys think of this fat fuck Roger Ebert?
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 665x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 665x576
Arrogant critic fag.
I'm a firm believer in karma. His jaw being removed is a physical example of his past actions.
>>
>inb4 THAT webm
>>
Decent critic of flicks and movies
Lacked the ability to understand kino, however
>>
File: DriveAngry3D3.jpg (26 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
DriveAngry3D3.jpg
26 KB, 500x300
>>66926063

Or should I say... DEAD fat fuck?
>>
File: 1437226472351.webm (1 MB, 720x360) Image search: [Google]
1437226472351.webm
1 MB, 720x360
>ack ack ack

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>66926063
Overrated fuckface. People who base their opinions off of a movie critic's are scum.
>>
Did Dr Drew have a stroke?
>>
I was overjoyed when I heard on /tv/ that this charlatan had finally died, but I was also saddened by the fact that he hadn't suffered that much before deciding that he could insult film criticism no longer. The pain and suffering that he went through is only a fraction of the evil that he inflicted on the millions of cinematically illiterate teenagers. When I found out that the old fart had finally decided to not assault the public with his adolescent approach to art, I pulled off the framed picture of Armond White from my wall, kissed it reverently, and immediately embarked on a Korine marathon. Good riddance, you jawless hack.
>>
>>66926572
I really can't tell if this post is supposed to be Korine fag parody or genuine
>>
>>66926063
I wouldn't have minded him and his cancer so much if he didn't always look so damned happy about it.
>>
>>66926622
Joker had his way with him.
>>
>>66926063
Pretty fucked up way to go. Really it was horrible and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Other than that like any and all fun critics I wouldn't have pissed in this dipshit's mouth if his gums were on fire.

The way he and Roeper totally flip flopped their basic opinions on the LOTR films after they found themselves in the 5% of critics who hated FOTR was fucking pathetic.
>>
>>66926461
WHAT THE FUCK
Why does that video even exist?
>>
>>66927152

Ebert liked all of them from the start though. It was Roeper who didn't like the first one.
>>
I would like to think him and Gene Siskel are in hell where they belong reviewing an endless supply of Wayans Brothers movies.
>>
>>66927152
He also liked Demolition Man despite dying certain he never liked a single movie Rob Schneider was in. That was the reward for Rob Schneider's one and only act of humanity.
>>
File: madkek.png (336 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
madkek.png
336 KB, 413x395
>>66926461
You're going to hell m8
>>
File: 1457594075780.png (76 KB, 184x165) Image search: [Google]
1457594075780.png
76 KB, 184x165
>>66926063

>Reptilians are disgusting. Terrible guy. Nasty guy
>>
File: 1457206149204.jpg (27 KB, 340x416) Image search: [Google]
1457206149204.jpg
27 KB, 340x416
>>66926461
>>
File: 1457585826055.jpg (187 KB, 1000x650) Image search: [Google]
1457585826055.jpg
187 KB, 1000x650
>This thread
>>
>>66927283
It's from Life Itself. It's a pretty good documentary that's worth checking out.
>>
File: armond.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
"I do think it is fair to say that Roger Ebert destroyed film criticism. Because of the wide and far reach of television, he became an example of what a film critic does for too many people. And what he did simply was not criticism. It was simply blather. And it was a kind of purposefully dishonest enthusiasm for product, not real criticism at all…I think he does NOT have the training. I think he simply had the position. I think he does NOT have the training. I’VE got the training. And frankly, I don’t care how that sounds, but the fact is, I’ve got the training. I’m a pedigreed film critic. I’ve studied it. I know it. And I know many other people who’ve studied it as well, studied it seriously. Ebert just simply happened to have the job. And he’s had the job for a long time. He does not have the foundation. He simply got the job. And if you’ve ever seen any of his shows, and ever watched his shows on at least a two-week basis, then you surely saw how he would review, let’s say, eight movies a week and every week liked probably six of them. And that is just simply inherently dishonest. That’s what’s called being a shill. And it’s a tragic thing that that became the example of what a film critic does for too many people. Often he wasn’t practicing criticism at all. Often he would point out gaffes or mistakes in continuity. That’s not criticism. That’s really a pea-brained kind of fan gibberish."

--Armond White
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.