[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Herzog vs Haneke, choose your side anon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: herzog-haneke.jpg (28 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
herzog-haneke.jpg
28 KB, 500x300
Herzog vs Haneke, choose your side anon
>>
>>66923876
HERZOG WOULD WOOP HIS ASS LIKE A SUICIDAL PENGUIN
>>
>>66923876
haneke
herzog is not a master
>>
>>66923939
What does Haneke do better than Herzog?
>>
>>66924160
Make movies with depth, imo.
>>
Honestly, Haneke is probably objectively better. I admire Herzog way more though.
>>
>>66923876
DUDE
PEDOPHILES R SAINTS
LMAO
>>
Herzog is incredibly ambitious, and for that I respect him more than Haneke
>>
anyone here ever see my son my son what have ye done??

weirdest movie ive seen in years, acting was really good tho
>>
>>66923876
I respect Herzog more but Haneke is the better film maker
>>
>>66923876
Only one of them ever made me cry while I watched a penguin run to certain death.
>>
>>66923876
Herzog
>>
Haneke, of course. The only reason you're comparing these two is because they're both old, grey-haired European directors. Their film are nothing alike and Herzog really doesn't have a very good filmography unlike Haneke.
>>
>>66923876
Herzog is very good and kinda crazy but Haneke is smarter
>>
>>66924526
>Herzog really doesn't have a very good filmography unlike Haneke

We'll have to disagree there, both body of work and best overall films goes to Herzog imo

Herzog's best films (Aguirre, Kaspar) > Haneke's best films (Weisse Band, Amour)

plus, Herzog made a bunch of profound documentaries, I really don't see Haneke having a better filmography.
>>
>>66924794
Add to Weisse Band and Amour The Piano Teacher, Cache, Funny Games, The Seventh Continent... All at the very least really good films.
>plus, Herzog made a bunch of profound documentaries, I really don't see Haneke having a better filmography.
Exactly, that's why I said it's kinda pointless to compare the two, they work in different fields. I'd say Haneke is better when it comes to fictional feature films, but when you take everything Herzog made into consideration, that's just too great of a filmography to compete with.
>>
>>66923876
Haneke is a better director but Herzog is just Herzog
>>
>>66924794
>Haneke's best films (Weisse Band, Amour)
opinion disregarded
>>
>>66923876
Haneke.
>>
>>66923876
Herzog, of course. Haneke is for edgelords.
>>
Herzog, but I appreciate Haneke blowing Schindler's List and all the other muh 6 billion films out of the water in that interview.
>>
I don't understand this comparison at all. They don't have similar styles, they don't really deal with similar themes, they have pretty different ideas about what cinema can do and how they use the art form.

Why compare them?
>>
>>66926501
They're filthy fucking foreigners.
>>
>>66926501
>le apples and le oranges
Everything is comparable, genius boy
>>
>>66924160
movies
>>
>>66924794
lmao'd
>>
>>66923876
As austrian I have to say

Herzog

Fuck Haneke
>>
>>66923876
>In a fight of the mind
Haneke
>In a fight of the fist
Herzog
>>
File: OH.jpg (70 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
OH.jpg
70 KB, 426x426
>>66924794
>>
>>66925748
>>66926805
>>66926882
Offer the contention, cocksuckers
>>
What's essential Herzog-core?
>>
>>66923876
>Herzog
Age 73, 66 films
>Haneke
Age 73, 23 films

Herzog has more misses and more hits
>>
>>66924160
The whole filmmaking thing, you know
>>
>>66923876
Call me when Herzog does something like "Seventh Continent" or "White Ribbon" and we will start talking.
>>
>>66927492
Okay, what's your number?
>>
>>66923876
I prefer Herzog but I still like and respect Haneke
>>
>>66923876
I haven't seen enough Herzog, but where is the depth with Haneke?
>>
>>66930097
In the films
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.