[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get writing? I can't think of anything for a script.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
How do I get writing? I can't think of anything for a script.
>>
A ghost that wins the lottery.
>>
Write
>>
Just write. It can be anything, but you need to just write. Not only do you improve at writing itself, but you'll be more likely to be inspired compared to if you didn't write at all.
>>
If you don't have any good ideas you shouldn't force it

You can only force shit once youve established a name for yourself, like Tarantino
>>
Open up a Word document and just start typing up idea after idea. Think of things you like in movies or have liked about specific movies and write down those things. Add in "but" statements whenever you can. If after a hundred or so ideas you aren't inspired then delete the file and become a family man
>>
>>66919436
Try to pander to SJWs the most you can, to the point it's not even funny anymore. I guarantee if you get your script made into a movie it will be a success.
>>
>>66919436
Do some freewriting (timer for 5 minutes, write whatever comes to mind, don't stop) association game(write a bubble with a word in it, then write out shit that connects to that word, see if you can generate shit out of that).
>>
>>66919551
Example?
>>
>>66919517
This. It's good to have a word/notepad/whatever file for miscellaneous ideas. Whatever it is, dialogue, characters, or plot developments, write it down. Never stop writing, go back to what you'd written before and add onto the ideas if you can. String them together with a timeline.
>>
Try writing the ending first then work your way back to the beginning. Think of the moral of the story that you'd want the audience to get after watching the film.
>>
File: 1453575854554.png (104 KB, 316x442) Image search: [Google]
1453575854554.png
104 KB, 316x442
>>66919450
That's mad
>>
Don't even think about a script yet, you dirty cunt. That's the final stage and the easiest.

From what I've found in my own limited experience with writing for the past year was that the workflow is about 30% research, at least 40% sitting on your ass thinking of ideas, 20% writing the treatment or detailed enough outline of the story, 10% writing the script.

Just start watching movies or reading books or anything creative. Don't just watch with an empty mind, but let your mind wander. Often times I'll come across ideas for story by a simple little scene in something completely unrelated and that's just due to a train of thought.
>>
don't you have dreams? if you have cool dreams like i do then you should have plenty of material
>>
>>66919583
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_Association

Check in here for the association thing. Freewriting is just...freewriting. It's easier for me, but idk about you.
>>
It's my opinion that horror is actually fairly easy to write. I intend to run a process of producing a grip of short stories, publishing them, and then working a script out of the one that resonates the most with me.

Pen out a few ideas and then give it a night and flesh out a few that you feel there is more story waiting in you
>>
You know anti-depressents are meant to increase neuron growth in the brain. If you can't think of anything perhaps you are just stupid.
>>
>>66919620
This, its really about writing down pop ideas and then doing a little research to see if the research sparks an interest to continue
>>
rub one out first
trust me you double nigger OP
>>
>>66919592
This is honestly what makes or breaks most writers, of any nature. You have to write ideas down, you have to be ready to bank those random moment thoughts
>>
>>66919592
>Whatever it is, dialogue, characters, or plot developments, write it down.
I really can't stress this enough. It's so important. And most of all keep the bad ideas you're scrapping. You never know if later on down the line it'll lead to a new and better idea or perhaps that original idea may be useful later on in the story once you have a firmer and better understanding of what you're writing.

>>66919606
This too, but I don't know about starting at the end. I think for an inexperienced writer you could get stuck in trying to force the ending. Maybe have a general idea of how it'll end but start in the middle. Starting in the beginning can lead to issues where after you've gotten some experience writing, a better understanding of your story and are now on a roll so-to-speak, the story will begin to take shape and can have a different direction in various ways like tone/mood and so on, so much so that the beginning just doesn't fit at all and you'll have to go back editing everything to fit the rest. This back and forth editing is inevitable but perhaps you'll save yourself some effort and time by not starting in the beginning.
>>
Screenwriting thread?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (243 KB, 3000x1687) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
243 KB, 3000x1687
here anon. some resources for writing

http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
>>
Ffgg
>>
>>66919500
>>66919500
>>66919500
>>66919500
>>66919517
This. Make crap now, edit later.
>>
WRITE SO YOU CAN TELL A STORY.

DON'T TELL A STORY SO YOU CAN WRITE.

YOU'RE STARTING OFF WITH THE COMPLETELY WRONG MINDSET.
>>
NIGGERS
>>
>>66919450
Like he wins the lottery then dies? Could be good
>>
>>66919450
Could be funny
>>
Is there any good screenwriting or screenwriting type apps for Android?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.