[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've only ever watched S1-3 and honestly I really enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: sam-dean-supernatural.jpg (48 KB, 512x320) Image search: [Google]
sam-dean-supernatural.jpg
48 KB, 512x320
I've only ever watched S1-3 and honestly I really enjoy it.

But now all I hear is how it's become tumblr the show or some shit and now the brothers are gay for each-other.

What went wrong? Is anything post s3 worth it
>>
Watch til the finale of season 5, which is the real ending to the show
>>
>>66917383
Watch until the end of s5.
After that, the main plots become tedious, but the show is still capable of delivering a great episode, so I suggest you watch only those.

"The French Mistake", "Hunteri Heroici", the 200th episode, "Baby" come to mind as post s5 episodes worth looking for
>>
>>66917452
>Hey, ass butt!
Yeah pretty much this. I kept following and now I want off Crowley's wild ride.
>>
if you watch it for writing, end at s5 like the autists say, if you watch it for the comfy bromance and good chemistry between characters, watch it all
>>
I still enjoy it. I miss when it was darker and had less fan service meta horseshit, but Ackles and Shepard are just too damn charming. Wouldn't mind seeing Sam's actor get hit by a bus, though.
>>
>>66917383
If you liked season 3 don't stop until season five, like everyone else will say that is the perfect wrap up to the show. Beyond that there are some interesting ideas but the writers simply are unable to make them a compelling arc. Its only tumblr the show because of the obsessive fandom, the actual show really only toys with them or makes fun of them
>>
>>66918880
>the actual show really only toys with them or makes fun of them
No. They are actively pandering to them. The wizard of oz arc proves it. That gay episode about the fan fiction play come to mind as well.
>>
>>66917452
Season 3 was actually the original ending. Season 5 was the second planned ending.
>>
Why are people shitting on season 3? It was a writers strike season, but still had some damn good episodes.

come on, groundhog day and ghostfacers are goat episodes.
>>
>>66918987
>That gay episode about the fan fiction play come to mind as well.
Dean denies the gay shit. Sounded like the writers were sending a message.
The witch episode was a charlie episode, all of them are retarded as fuck.
>>
>>66919149
Wrong.

Kripke originally planned to do three seasons, but when they realised they could pad out the arc with John into a full season they had him extend his three-year-plan into a five-year-plan. Essentially the five seasons were planned during Season 1.

You don't honestly believe they were going to end it with Dean going to Hell?
>>
>>66918987
>fan fiction play

If you're talking about ep 200, then I gotta disagree. It seemed to me like that was a blatant fuck you to their tumblr fanbase. The very fact that they had children reenacting the shit in the show was pretty telling.

Other than that they do feel like they pander quite a lot though.
>>
>>66919308
>>66919683
It's making fun of everyone involved. The writers, the fans, Dean and Sam. You're delusional if you think it's meant to be anything but funny.
>>
>>66918987
There was no wizard of oz arc, that was one episode. The next time Charlie appeared she was killed soon thankfully. The musical episode was big joke making fun of the fandom
>>
>>66917383
I loved watching all the seasons but the latest one really is mostly cringe-worthy fanservice with literary nothing happening
>>
>>66917383
watch seasons 1-5 for the true supernatural experience
>>
how the fuck is this show still on the air
i remember them filming an episode for the second season in my neighborhood when i was in middle school lmao
>>
>>66917383
it eventually gets rid off the horror and demons and ghosts become comedians, the show gets really gay and they just repeat same monsters again and again.
>>
>>66920154
The Darkness is a tight milf, though
>>
Season 5 was a good place to stop. Really liked it until then.
Does Supernatural hold the record for the largest number of fanfictions about a tv.series? It must.
>>
File: supernatural-season-11.jpg (139 KB, 580x387) Image search: [Google]
supernatural-season-11.jpg
139 KB, 580x387
>>66922517
How could God lock this fine piece of ass up?
>>
>>66917383

Supernatural up to season 3 was actually a fucking great show.. I watched for several seasons afterwards and wish that I didnt.. It should have just ended at the end of season 3 and gone down as an excellent show..

But jews...........
>>
>>66924431
Dean going to hell would be a shit ending. S5 should have been it though.
>>
>>66924387

That jaw rewrites all known laws of physics, it had to be done just kidding I like jawfus
>>
>But now all I hear is how it's become tumblr the show or some shit and now the brothers are gay for each-other.

Well they're pandering to the female fanbase by milking the bromance. The writers themselves has said that after season 5 their main plot line ended and they switched the focus of the show to be about the brothers relationship instead.

So there's very little plot going on these days and more a soap opera with Sam and Dean with some supernatural fights from time to time. And the tumblr fangirls eat that shit up.

The first seasons are really good though.
>>
i still like Supernatural, but i never watched it because i expected or wanted top tier writing, the entire premise is stupid, so when the writing got worse the chemistry between the actors kept it one of my guilty pleasure, i'm with them to the end, they still produce really good episodes here and there
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.