[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hallowed are the Ori
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: Doci.jpg (83 KB, 1016x570) Image search: [Google]
Doci.jpg
83 KB, 1016x570
Hallowed are the Ori
>>
>>66914179
<Insert McKay here>
>>
>>66914179
Hallowed are the ori.
>>
Hallowed are the Ori
>>
File: 1451005717951.jpg (49 KB, 655x560) Image search: [Google]
1451005717951.jpg
49 KB, 655x560
>>
>>66914179
Such wasted potential. For all intents and purposes they were actual gods and yet they just felt so boring. Lame.
>>
File: Orianthi_cover.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Orianthi_cover.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
Hallowed is the Orianthi
>>
File: diner.jpg (38 KB, 583x349) Image search: [Google]
diner.jpg
38 KB, 583x349
>>66914179
yeah you guys seem fine
>>
>>66914564
The issue was bad plot, SGA got way better when SG-1 reached Season 8, everyone jumped onto the SGA train.

Then for some reason they cancelled them both to focus on something that doesn't even feel as SG, frigging Universe...
>>
File: indeed.gif (64 KB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
indeed.gif
64 KB, 300x164
>>
>>66914179
>Ori

Literally the only thing I really disliked about that show.
>>
File: eli wallace.jpg (412 KB, 1331x2000) Image search: [Google]
eli wallace.jpg
412 KB, 1331x2000
>>66915154
>>
>>66915154
>SGA
>ever better than SG-1

lol no
>>
>>66915154
nah, the issue was power creep which finally culminated in the Ori

SG-1 worked best when it was 4 plucky humans out against a hostile galaxy that they had no control over. When finding a new planet was a thrill, when just getting back home was a huge challenge, and when obtaining even a tiny bit of alien technology was a massive fucking thing.
By season 8 the humans were basically the power brokers of the galaxy, able to wipe out system lords with little problem, and had so much scavenged and improved technology that Carter could take anything on if she had 4 episodes to whip up a wonder machine. At that point there weren't any stakes so the creators had to go even higher with the Ori, but it just didn't pan out because they never felt like that much of a threat
>>
>>66915154
>SGA got way better
SGA was shit.
>>
File: baal.jpg (21 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
baal.jpg
21 KB, 600x338
>implying Ba'al is dead
>>
>>66915343
Whatever happened to Sergeant McTits?

I miss the SGU threads.
>>
>>66916010
this is true for pretty much every successful show. they run out of ideas and get tired and samey after 4 or 5 seasons usually. comedies have longer shelf lives and serialized shows like SG-1, Knight Rider, etc. tend to have a shorter shelf life due to their format
>>
Just re-watched Season 8 episode: Avatar.

Man, it's still the best show to date.
>>
A Medieval Society somehow manages to build super advance AyyLmao technology with just some supervision from priests getting directions from the Ori.

Yeahhhh

At least the Go'uld had snake people, Ja'ffa, and humans who knew better to make the stuff.
>>
>>66916010

when the ori fleet showed up and destroyed the koralev, the hataks, and possibly the asgard ship, that was like the first time in the entire show i ever felt like they were fighting a real threat

like the goauld always felt like plucky almost affable antagonsist ever since the asgard showed up (barring the early anubis episodes, which mildly improved this). in fact, pretty much everything sg1 went up against could've been solved by the asgard in like ten minutes if thor answered his phone.

replicators are the obvious exception, but they were just boring

anyways, the ori showed up and for the first time there was an enemy that actually seemed threatening

not that they were my favorite seasons, but i dont agree that was their problem
>>
>>66916688

ah, the late 90s/early 2000s and their need to do some video game episode
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.