[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman Beyond movie ideas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
Let's say you were tasked with making a Batman Beyond movie. How would you go about it?

Who would you cast? What would it be about?

Let's say you had to keep it as a part of the Snyderverse. How would you make the movie so that it doesn't ruin the endings of Batman characters and get rid of all suspense? Is that even feasible?
>>
>>66912506

Casting is key

If you get terry and old wayne wrong it just won't work
>>
>>66912506
tom holland for terry

>"h-hey batman"
>>
>>66912506
Just standard future capeshit just name the protagonist terry and have him rescue a baby named damian and the old mentor named Bruce. The audience will eat that shit up no matter what the plot is.
>>
>>66912506
Batman Beyond had shitty characters. Indeed, Freeze with his 5 minutes of screentime was the most interesting character. Really, do you even remember any good quotes from that show? Without good characters you can't build a good movie.
>>
>>66912619

regardless, I think the concept and the aesthetic are ripe for expanding upon or converting to a movie
>>
>>66912619

>beyond had shitty characters

Kill yourself
>>
>>66912619
return of the joker is GOAT
>>
File: niggaplease.jpg (63 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
niggaplease.jpg
63 KB, 720x536
>>66912619
>shitty characters
>>
Carl from the Walking Dead as Terry. Old Batman is Adam West.
>>
>>66912619
>do you even remember any good quotes from that show?
schway
>>
the kid from hugo as terry
>>
File: Freeze.jpg (55 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Freeze.jpg
55 KB, 630x420
>>66912684
Maybe, you know, because of FUCKING JOKER? Original characters were shit. Maybe Inque is OK, but nothing close to TAS.
>>
keep Affleck as Bats, get the kid from Percy Jackson to be Terry. Terry doesn't have to do much but quip and be young, it's Bats that carries all the emotional weight.
>>
>>66912785

Implying blight isn't goat
>>
>>66912785
I guess that's fair. I remember enjoying Beyond a lot though, obviously not as much as TAS, but still a damn good show. Although that might be because I'm a huge Spider-man fan
>>
>>66912785
>Blight
>shit

what
>>
>>66912544
TOM SELLECK FOR OLD WAYNE
>>
>>66912835
i wish Powers had spent a little more time being the Lex to Terry's Supes.
>>
Joker returns and bats has to hunt him down. Mid battle with joker, bats is ambushed by several other known old time line villians who should be dead by now. Joker escapes a battle after being gravely injured. bats corners a somber joker on a rooftop during a storm, the joker monologues about "how life, everything, the illusion of free will, both their existence is just one cruel joke and this moment is the punchline" and then pulls aside his jacket to reveal the wound bat gave him, and under the bleeding flesh is nothing but electronics. He then jumps off the roof to his death.

Bats finds out a cybernetic corp is making dried copies of all the villians using their psych profiles from old arkham records.

A bunch of bullshit story I don't feel like writing happens and then bats finds out he's a dried too. Turns out the only way to keep "peace" in Gotham was to manufacture crime so everyone had something to both live in fear of (the villians) and be inspired by (bats).
>>
>>66912619
Blight
Peek
Ink

Were all great
>>
File: jlbeyond.png (92 KB, 753x334) Image search: [Google]
jlbeyond.png
92 KB, 753x334
>>66912544
no shit captain obvious.

Also if you plan to go on past one movie you need them to get them too look alike because Terry is almost a clone of Bruce.

>>66912785
TAS character design was fucking GOAT, but don't forget Dee Dee, Powers/Blight, Future Royal Flush gang and the whole Justice League Beyond.
>>
Fucking auto correct. I meant droid
>>
>>66912958

>Almost a clone

He literally is a clone
>>
>>66912931
>mind
>blown
>>
File: 1457347246651.gif (2 MB, 355x266) Image search: [Google]
1457347246651.gif
2 MB, 355x266
>>66912506
hire that gipsy guy from the bootleg Power rangers and punisher movies, fucking awesome guy
>>
File: img-mg_batman_beyond.jpg (700 KB, 1245x1000) Image search: [Google]
img-mg_batman_beyond.jpg
700 KB, 1245x1000
Can't imagine a live action BB movie without the suit looking like total shit.

Mouth would need to move like normal even though the suit covers everything and it would just look mediocre on film if it's based off the cartoon.
>>
>>66912983
I said almost because I don't recall if he had some of his mothers genes in the mix. His dad got cucked by Amanda Waller.
>>
>>66912931
As much as I like your idea, it will never get made because people going to the cinema doesn't like shit to end bad for the good guy.

Much less the kids this would be aimed to, too deep for their parents
>>
File: Remove Aliens.webm (3 MB, 856x480) Image search: [Google]
Remove Aliens.webm
3 MB, 856x480
>>66912958
>Justice League Beyond.
Kill it with fire. Except aqua-girl, she is sexy. Every time when Batman TV series begin JL crossovers - it ends in shit. TAS, The Batman, BB - they all ended with JL crossovers. Don't know how to make a good episode - make a crossover. Duuuh.
>>
>>66913030
honestly the only option is a full face plate. no mouth.

but hey thats why im not a hollywood designer i guess
>>
>>66913120

>return of the joker
>for kids

M8
>>
>>66912506
Would be interesting actually.

I think you'd just make it an independent movie, no explanation of world building. It should be a one off imo.

Young bat = Gordon Levitt or Shia The Beef. (no joke)

Old bat = >>66912868 or Jess Bridges maybe? who are other based old men?
>>
Dane DeHaan as Terry, familia.
>>
>>66913206
Clint would be perfect old batman
>>
>>66913245
I think he's too old man. In his eighties now. You'd want someone in their mid sixties to seventies.
>>
File: xyevwto7s4rxmx6xtmbo.jpg (73 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
xyevwto7s4rxmx6xtmbo.jpg
73 KB, 640x960
>>66913030
just switch the logos
>>
>>66913323

Bruce is suppose to be in his 80,s in beyond
>>
>>66913120
Yeah, I know it's never gonna happen mainly because we're past the age of movies like that. Maybe been able to pull it off in the 90s or 80s, but now everyone gets asshurt if everything doesn't end on a high note.

But, as the theme of the thread goes, that's the story I'd make and Hollywood can suck my dick. This is also probably why I'm not a film maker.
>>
>>66913337

Is that terras armor?
>>
>>66912706
Is that one of ben10 aliens?
>>
Beyond was goat because it had death

It was a kids show for adults
>>
>>66913446
It also worked because it was cyberpunk and this is why I want to see a movie based around the idea.

Just imagine the soundtrack ...
>>
OK, Terry McPenis (Dylan O'Brien) is an average american high-school teen. His father works for Derek Powers (Ron Perlman) in project of super pesticide/chemical weapon. Terry comes into Wayne Tech on practice and get involved in one of the attacks and meets Bruce Wayne (Eastwood, but he's too skinny, maybe Rutger Hauer). When Terry come home he discovers that his father is murdered but he finds data chip. He goes to Wayne and ask him to use Wayne tech equipment to restore information from chip. Wayne refuses, Terry goes away and begin rampage, kicking some punks. He ends up in custody. Wayne pays for Terry and get him out. He gives McPenis batsuit and begin trainings. Power's people lead by Shriek break into police station and try to steal chip, Batman do not manage to stop them, because of Shriek's powers. With evidence destroyed, Powers begins production of his chemical weapon on his facility, Bats finds it and in kick Shriek's ass. Due their fight Powers expose himself to poison gas, that will lead to turning him into Bright in after-credit scene.
>>
>>66912619
>Dude with the golem that became a telepath
>The CEO guy that became a glowing one from fallout
>Reporter dude that fell through the earth
>The black chick that wanted the T D
>Sound guy
>Incest Tranny Ra's al ghul
>Ink chick
>Radioactive ground man
>Budget Mysterio
>Robbie the Robot
>ManBatMan
>Poker gang
>Killer clown gang
>cybernetic limb gang
>Nu-justice league
>old gal barb

and that's all the notable ones.
>>
>>66912506
Continuation of the Nolan bat movies. (Because the naming of the movies totally doesn't set up for The Dark Knight Returns.)

After lying in a bath for 48 hours to make him wrinkly enough to look old, Bale bats finds an intruder in his home, This intruder is revealed to be Terry Mcginnis, as portrayed by shia Lebeouf.

Terry finds the batcave while exploring the mansion, and bale bats spills his sob story to him. A flash back sequence shows what happens after hothead bats take over the mantle after TDKR, he eventually gets too hot bheaded and starts killing and shit. Bale bats returns to gotham under a new identity to stop him, pulling out the batman beyond suit that lucious had made just in case.

The two bats do battle with hot head bats dying and bale bats retiring again under his new identity but stays in gotham.

Terry steals the suit for reasons and the rest of the movie is essentially the first episode of batman beyond. Bale bats offers to train terry and blight vows to seek revenge, setting up the inevitable sequel.
>>
>>66912544
the Jr Eastwood and Michael Keaton

Or

For a cheaper cast Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Ron Perlman.

Id cast Jensen Ackles as Damian Wayne in either, easy to throw away if he test poorly or put to a bigger roll while not taxting his TV acting any.
>>
>>66912958
>>66912983
No you fucking fucks, Waller said she made Terry's Dad's sperm the same as Bruce's. So it's the same as Bruce fucking his Mom.
>>
File: beyond2.jpg (332 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beyond2.jpg
332 KB, 1920x1080
All such shit ideas. Just tweak Rebirth.

>Flashback sequence of Bruce's last night as Batman, pretty much the show by the numbers
>Terry is a BAD KID (maybe throw in some dealings with Barbara as police commissioner here) with a strained relationship with his father, whatever the fuck. As per the show, he has a fight with his Dad and then after he storms out his Dad gets murdered by a hitman sent by his employer Derek Powers for finding out about shady business with bioweapon shit
>Terry finds the Macguffin, THE DISK or whatever. Might as well be some futuristic USB stick. Information about illegals weapon dealings or whatever.
>Derek Powers tries to get the disk back from Terry, who escapes and whatever
>Through some convenience, distrusting the police, whatever the fuck, Terry goes to Bruce Wayne's house/ends up there through some convenience and asks him about the disk
>While there accidentally finds Batshit, steals Batshit, fucks around spying on Derek Powers
>Have Powers become Blight like halfway through so he's actually fighting a supervillain, Terry fucks up at spying on him, bioweapon leaks in fight
>Similar shit with Bruce shutting the suit off, not wanting Terry to die and turning it back on, Terry returns to Batcave and Bruce agrees to help
>Blight gets bioweaponed but still initially looks normal before his condition deteriorates over the rest of the movie, and he becomes full-on phosphorus skeleton towards the end
>Terry tries to stop the weapons from being shipped to Turdfuckistan, fights with Blight, Terry delivers the line about Powers killing his father, "you'll have to be more specific", etc. Blight can give the "...for some PUNK who thinks he's Batman", which Terry replies to with "I AM Batman"
>The shipment is destroyed, Blight is contained with lead or some bullshit and taken away by police, Barbara looks pissed to see someone in the Batsuit flying away
>Bruce agrees to mentor Terry, Terry is now a less shitty kid, the adventures continue
>>
>>66915648
that's even worst. Got cucked in the most advanced and fucked up way.
>>
>>66913382
Arkham Knight
>>
keith carradine for wayne
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 512x288
>>66918415
Brilliant.
>>
taylor lautner for terry?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.