[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this movie so hated.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Why was this movie so hated.
>>
its not tho
>>
idk i watched it so much the tape got worn out
>>
>>66910145
Disney 1970-1988 has an undeserved reputation for being shitty mainly because Walt Disney died in 1966, they call it the Disney Dark Age, that being said it's also hated because it's very forgettable compared to The Little Mermaid which came out the next year
>>
>>66910320

The Disney Dark Age includes the little mermaid?
>>
ONE MINUTE IM IN CENTRAL PARK
>>
>>66910342
No, Little Mermaid was the beginning of the Renaissance.
>>
>>66910347
>>66910145
It has the GOAT disney song. Who doesn't like it?

https://youtu.be/Jb7kJ-j_dKA
>>
>>66910320
Wait people also shitted on The Black Cauldron what the fuck man
>>
>>66910320
I don't think it's undeserved. There were indeed a lot of shitty movies put out then
>>
>>66910425
makes sense, it's not a very good movie

>muh dark and edgy skeletor villain
>>
>>66910487
Honestly I was like 7 when the movie came out so I don't remember much and it's probably just the nostalgic factor for me
>>
>>66910320
>Once Upon A Time bases all their "fairytale" characters on Disney versions.
>King Arthur shows up and has nothing to do with The Sword And The Stone.

Turbomad.
>>
>>66910425
I think it is the lowest box office of any disney movie ever
>>
>>66910320
Agreed. They produced some decent films in that time. Aristocats is one of my all time favorites. They just don't compare to those of the golden age or renaissance.
>>
>>66910861
Budget $44 million[3][4]
Box office $21.3 million[1]
that isnt too bad but seeing as it is disney that is pretty terrible
>>
>>66911058
it is terrible mate
I think it is the only disney animated movie shown in theaters obviously to box office less than 25m
>>
>>66910145
Because the world is full of plebeian faggots.

>based songs
>sexy Gorgette
>sexy Rita
>real-world modern-day setting
>car-chase in the subway
>villain who could actually exist

Anyone who dislikes his either hasn't seen it, is a faggot, has no taste, is literally Hitler, or a combination of the above.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.