[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is psych any good? I'm thinking about picking it up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: 5-shawnguspineapple.jpg (43 KB, 539x341) Image search: [Google]
5-shawnguspineapple.jpg
43 KB, 539x341
Is psych any good? I'm thinking about picking it up.
>>
>>66909361
its meh
>>
It started off alright... Like most shows about season three it starts the decline.. But if you dont keep watching you will miss some decent episodes they had later
>>
Its a goofy detective procedural. If that sounds like something you'd enjoy, go for it.
>>
Good to watch when you don't feel like thinking and just want to kill some hours, basically a good sitcom
>>
File: 11378298.png (435 KB, 610x447) Image search: [Google]
11378298.png
435 KB, 610x447
>>66909361

It's dudebro+ here comes your witty comedy for a witty guy TM 6/10 schmuck.
>>
comfy as fuck, desu

I'd recommend watching it, it can be funny at times, the chemistry those two have is amazing

overall a 7/10 show
>>
>>66909891
I'd agree with this, except i'd probably give it a 7.5. Overall, it's a really enjoyable show if you like comedy buddy shows. And as the person i'm quoting pointed out, they have amazing chemistry together.
>>
>>66909361

It's a fantastic show. It's your typical procedural mystery show complete with Sherlock Holmes incarnate, but without ever feeling like that.

Highlights are all the Cary Elwes episodes and the Mexican soap opera one. It has a falling off nearthe end like most TV shows, but I think Psych does a good job at refusing to force it for too long.

Very comfy. Have watched all the way through several times.
>>
It's a very cute and harmless show. Shawn and Gus have some genuinley funny lines and Lassy is pretty GOAT. 8/10, some episodes worse than others
>>
one of my favorite comedy shows tbhfam
>>
It's my dad's favorite show so I watched a little. The leads have good chemistry and are both pretty funny. It can be comfy. If that's what you're looking for, give it a try.

Definitely watch past the first few episodes, it starts off pretty mediocre
>>
How come when the show was on the air nobody would every post in my live threads? I didn't know so many people here liked it
>>
>>66910092
well i didnt know this place existed back then

good thing too, it would have ruined my experience with it

to be QUITE honest...
>>
>>66909361
le quirky pineapple
>>
>>66910092

I don't watch television shows until they've been canceled for a while. I was thinking about trying LOST soon.
>>
>>66910237
You're right and you're probably better off.
>>
>>66909361
It's fun just don't marathon it because it brings our the flaws. Although that applies to every show
>>
>>66910317
You should definitely watch LOST. It isn't perfect but it is something you should experience.

Well, seasons 1 and 2 are pretty perfect.
>>
>>66910645
Marathonning shows usually lessens any apparent flaws... although I've been doing a Sopranos marathon with someone and they're starting to take the episodes for granted, so I dunno
>>
>>66909361
I couldn't believe it when I found out the main white guy is actually a Mexican born in Mexico with Mexican name to Mexican parents.
>>
>>66910773

You weren't clued in by all the Mexican and Spanish in-jokes?
>>
>>66910809
I only watched a couple episodes.
>>
Three hole punch
>>
>>66909361
I think it can be a little too silly, but it's not a bad show. Some of the more serious episodes are really good. The Hitchcock tribute was a masterpiece, and it's worth watching the show up to that point at least.
>>
>>66909361
watched the series about 3 times through, you'll ever love it to death or think of it as meh.
God tier banter across all seasons and the occasional plot arc stretching a few episodes. 10/10 in my opinion. Only thing that ruined it for me was that Maggie Lawson divorced James Roday about a year after the show ended.
>>
>>66910877

She found out he was Mexican.
>>
used to watch new eps of monk and psych friday nights. where did the time go
>>
>>66910877
>Only thing that ruined it for me was that Maggie Lawson divorced James Roday about a year after the show ended.
And she married her new co star in less than a year. After being with James Roday for like 10 years. Nice gal
>>
It's a really comfy show with the best 80's references. Shawn and Gus have solid chemistry. After season...6 I'll say, things get a little tiring. Seasons 1-5 are pretty solid though.
>>
>>66909361
Yea. Its very comfy, funny, and the characters are very enjoyable which is key in a procedural. It follows a psychic detective and his bud solving a mystery most if not every episode but there is enough surrounding it to make it enjoyable. I find most cop procedurals besides monk and psych boring. The characters make the show I think. Some episodes have a rather engaging mystery though. Its not just dull shit like Law and Order. I enjoyed it and maybe you will too.
>>
>>66911442
Monk is the better detective show. With Psych, it's almost always impossible to figure out who the killer is by the end.
>>
Isn't there supposedly a pineapple hidden in every episode?
>>
It's max comfy
>>
>>66911527

Lassie shot that guy.
>>
It's ok. Too smarmy and formulaic to watch more than 2 episodes in a day.
>>
Psych is like Monk.

It's very corny, and not very good, but it's just corny enough to be enjoyable.

You like all the characters because they have this kind of cheesy charisma.

Would watch/10
>>
It's p comfy. Watch the first three seasons.
>>
it made it to the 4th season while keeping most of it's integrity intact
Season 1-3 is comfy af and 4 is bretty good but watching anything after is just asking to get pissed off
>>
>>66909361
i think it started off pretty comfy, but later on it became cringe when it tried to do romance stuff
>>
>>66911569
I think some episodes might miss it but yeah probably.
Also the word "delicious" is worked into most if not every episode
>>
Why does it feel like many posts have been written by the same person?
>>
>>66911569
Yes there is, can confirm
checked every episode when i marathoned it for a week straight
>>
>>66912208
Comfy shows have cross appeal on the premise if executed properly which means most people felt the same way about the show.
It's just like LOST
It may have gone off the rails after season 3 but every single person watched it all the way to the end no matter how bad it got and despite the ending being garbage we all still cried.
The easiest way to tell how good a show is at following it's own foundation is by seeing how common perception of the show in certain ways are.
The more differing perceptions the more you know you dun goofed
>>
>>66909404
Opposite for me,the first couple seasons were pretty boring and directionless,it got better as it went on.

Overall 7/10,Solid light hearted buddy cop show.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 550x535
>>66910877
Well. that's. heart breaking.
>>
>>66909518
I hate fun.
-You
>>
>>66909518
6/10 is above average,dummy.
>>
>>66910877
This also ruined it for me too. I'm not sure why, cuz they are both actors with separate lives from the show. But every time Shawn and Jules were together it just worked, and their relationship didn't really feel forced. I'm still butthurt about it I guess.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Gced_Z_KU

I liked it
>>
>>66910877
Oh shit I didn't know this
>>
Its like any other procedural. Average.

I love it though, maximum comfy. Also unlike other procedurals, i have a problem with it where i can just instinctively remember all the funny parts / plot twists so it has 0 value to me in terms of re-watching it. I don't know if other people have this problem though. Acting / Comedy is amazing for a procedural, major network show too.
>>
First mr yang episode is goat
>>
File: 1376259828215.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1376259828215.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>52 replies
>no mention of the best bit from season 6
>>
>>66915434
Those yang episodes were fantastic
>>
that twin peaks special tho
>>
>>66915589
YES
>>
>>66915589
so good
i loved the musical ep too
>>
Loved the monk/psych crossovers
>>
It's a fun "detective" show with two buddies who are really amazing together. Fun fun all around. Watch it.
>>
File: homer.jpg (47 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
47 KB, 512x384
>James Roday (Shawn Spencer ) and Maggie Lawson (Juliet O'Hara ) were dating in real life for 9 years while filming Psych.
>>
I used to always watch episodes on USA when I was going to sleep. Fun show.
>>
The GOAT buddy comedy.
>>
>>66916783
wow
>>
>>66909361
It's pretty fun but it gets old after a while.
>>
File: Julianna Guill walking.webm (1023 KB, 576x656) Image search: [Google]
Julianna Guill walking.webm
1023 KB, 576x656
>>66909361
it's great
>>
>>66916783
>for 9 years while filming Psych.
but they broke up?
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.