[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched Cloverfield for the first time and i have some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: review_cloverfield_9.jpg (50 KB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
review_cloverfield_9.jpg
50 KB, 500x685
I just watched Cloverfield for the first time and i have some questions.

>where did clover come from?
>did it die?
>is NYC a crater now?
>where those crab parasite things it's babies?
>did the black girl live?

pretty much just explain Cloverfield to me.
>>
>>66905622
were*
>>
>>66905622
>>where did clover come from?
space
>>did it die?
yeah
>>is NYC a crater now?
yeah
>>where those crab parasite things it's babies?
yeah
>>did the black girl live?
yeah
>>
>>66905622
>where did clover come from?
The ocean.
>did it die?
Nope. At the end of the credits there's a piece of audio that when reversed says "It's still alive."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXskaIJ7V0Q
>is NYC a crater now?
I guess.
>where those crab parasite things it's babies?
Nope. Little leech-crab creatures that mutated along with it.
>did the black girl live?
Yep.
>>
20 minutes of nothing followed by 60 minutes of nothing. Awful.
>>
>>66905622
>where did it come from
Clover is an undersea creature that grew to massive size because it (and the parasites stuck to it) were exposed to a large amount of "seabed nector", a mysterious substance mined by a Japanese based slushi company. When a satellite fell to earth it got Clover's attention. That company Robb is going ti Japan to work for? They made Clover.

Thats also why you explode when a parasite bites you. Only the bit area grows in size causing you to explode. The US government attempted to detain Slushos Board of Directors but a lot of them vanished shortly after the New York attack.

All this shit came out before the film even came out btw.
>>
>>66905622

You can make up any answer you like to these questions and whatever you come up with, it's guaranteed you put more thought into it than the makers of cloverfield
>>
>>66905861
how did this info come out?
a comic or short story?
>>
>>66905879
You'd be surprised

Clover has a fuckload of All There in the Manual material
>>
>>66905918

Facebook/Memespace posts.
>>
>>66905918
I am really REALLY autistic

but seriously, tie in comics and the ARG. To be honest I didnt know a lot of this stuff until 10 Cloverfield Lane resurrected the speculah
>>
>>66905918
there was a big arg around the movies release
>>
>>66905931

>Clover has a fuckload of All There in the Manual material
>using trope terminology

reddit go.
>>
>>66905931

i guarantee the additional shite was made up after the important parts of production were wrapped up, probably by a bunch of underpaid designers who never met J J, the scriptwriter or anyone critical to the making of the film itself
>>
>>66905671
she came from the ocean you fucking retard
>>
>>66906005
Ok nigger to why dont I type out 3 sentences worth of words to get the same meaning across.
>>
>>66906082
>she
>>
>>66906149

> why dont I type out 3 sentences worth of words

Why don't you just go back to r e d d i t
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.