[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kubo and The Two Strings, or: Stop-Motion Pushed to the absolute limit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 480x360
http://youtu.be/FfApAsZKKcg

I genuinely can't tell how this is stop-motion. Laika you beautiful bastards, you've done it again.
>>
>spend twenty years painstakingly making a stop-motion film that CG artists would've put together in a month
>nobody goes to see it because it doesn't have yellow retards or a pixar logo behind it
Pretty sad, man.
>>
>>66905348
Am I the only one who find the accents offputting?

Ill wait for jap dub.
>>
>>66905501
Are you gonna watch it? I'm going to watch it.

That's not sad.
>>
>stupid nip shit theme
>>
>>66905348
That animation is fucking excellent not sure about the story but fucking hell it looks beautiful.
>>
>>66905501
I'm still gonna watch it.

Academy's gonna ignore it like always, since they're literally owned by Disney, so why not just see it and appreciate it for what it is?

Although after the disaster that was Boxtrolls they'd better damn well redeem themselves with this. Gorgeous movie, but stupid as all hell.
>>
I like their films, but Laika itself is scummy as fuck.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Laika-Inc-Reviews-E221728.htm

http://priceonomics.com/how-the-father-of-claymation-lost-his-company/
>>
>>66905348
I don't get it, looks like average cgi
>>
>>66905714
Yeah but it's Stop Motion
>>
it looks beautiful i don't know why its written like a dumb kids movie though

could've been an amazing all ages experience
>>
>anime kids finally grew up and are writing anime plots into our movies
This is how it all ends. Anime already destroyed generations of promising kids in Japan. Now it's here to ruin mainstream America too.
>>
>>66905897
Something's telling me that despite the jokes we see in the trailer this is gonna be some really awesome epic adventure, in a literal sense.
>>
>>66905714
They use hybrid techniques, so yes there is CGI to some extent.
>>
>>66906011
i hope it is, even if the characters all make farting sounds with their mouths for two hours i think itll be worth seeing
>>
>>66905990
>He doesn't know Journey To The West
Pleb of the lowest caliber
>>
>>66905501
Coralline was pretty successful, although obviously it would have been more successful with Pixar or Disney branding.

The one about zombies didn't make money because it was meh.

I wish Henry selick had stayed with Laika
>>
>>66905897
Because it has to be sold to kids to make money
>>
>>66905897
Because animated movies are for children.
>>
>>66905348
Maybe its because you mentioned it but its very obvious to me that's stop-motion.
>>
That's incredible but I can definitely see the stop motion. With that said, seems like a complete waste of effort to make.
>>
>>66906315
Why's that?
>>
>>66905348
>it's an adorable boy
Ohhh no it's going to be big hero 6 all over again.
>>
>>66905705
They really are. A good friend of mine worked for them for about two years and hated every minute of it.

Also, while their movies are technically "stop motion" they do a shitload of CGI touch ups in post-production.
>>
>>66906464
Yeah but there's no meme robot like Baymax in there

I kinda liked Baymax though
>>
>>66906450

Nevermind, seems like I overestimated how much time it would take to do something like this.
>>
File: The-Tale-of-the-Princess--008.jpg (258 KB, 1020x612) Image search: [Google]
The-Tale-of-the-Princess--008.jpg
258 KB, 1020x612
>>66905501
>nobody goes to see it because it doesn't have yellow retards or a pixar logo behind it
this
>>
>>66905348
I genuinely first thought that this was supposed to be a girl
>>
>>66906578
Uh...okay
>>
>>66905705
>those Glassdoor reviews
Geez, it sounds like a Bureaucratic Hellhole. Like Office Space but less funny because people actually do shit there.
>>
I must confess, I never liked stop motion. It's never fluid enough to my eyes. I can't deal with it better now, but when I was a child I refused to watch anything.
>>
>>66907053
that sounds like literal autism
>>
>>66907053
that's because you are a cock sucking faggot who does not appreciate traditional handcraft. it's because of an entire generation of shit-for-brains such as yourself that we now have to deal with "fluid" cgi shitfests.
>>
>>66907126
I don't like cgi either

>>66907100
okay
>>
>>66906197
>>66906173
theres plenty of family friendly animated movies out there that are a lot of fun to watch

the first kung fu panda has something for everyone, right?
>>
>>66907429
Second one was pretty good too
>>
it has good visuals but the story looks like shit

they won't be able to make anything as good as Coraline
>>
>>66907640
family movies are fun, whenever i go to the movies with a big group i recommend we see a family movie to keep everyone happy

its not like comicbook movies which are targeted at children but pretend they are grown up and mature, honestly this board should be getting behind the honest and genuine entertainment in this genre of film
>>
>>66907699
>are targeted at children but pretend they are grown up and mature

I blame The Dark Knight, set a golden standard of grimdark that everyone wants to rise to.

That's why I liked Deadpool. It's dark, sure, but it never for a second pretends that it's mature.
>>
File: 1449316581076.jpg (89 KB, 526x588) Image search: [Google]
1449316581076.jpg
89 KB, 526x588
>>66906570
I don't give a fuck about the robots, cute boys make my heart go "hnnnnnngg"
>>
>>66905348
The visuals are great, but I hated the humour, but I understand they need to appeal to kids.
But it wouldn't be the first time I watch a movie only because I like how it looks.
>>
Hopefully, hipsters would see it because of Beatles.

Speaking of beetles, I want to see samurai McConaughey going shiva on the climax.
>>
>>66905705
>Be kinder to your crew. Get a better writing team. Cast diverse voice actors that are right for the role instead of relying on the star power of a whites-only cast of A-listers. Compare the cast of Big Hero 6 to that of the upcoming Kubo and be ashamed for perpetuating the white supremacy of our industry.
Sounds like a butthurt nigger
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.