[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys remember when people used to say Kevin Smith's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 342562.jpg (101 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
342562.jpg
101 KB, 680x798
You guys remember when people used to say Kevin Smith's name in the same sentence as Paul Thomas Anderson, the Coen Brothers, Quentin Tarantino, Richard Linklater, Robert Rodriguez, etc.?
>>
No I don't remember things that never happened.
>>
>>66896361
No. Same goes for Robert Rodriguez.
>>
>>66896361
No..no I don't. Maybe in the same league as Wes Anderson at one point?
>>
yes it was the imdb message boards, Dawkins book was selling like hotcakes and Dogma just came out. hindsight is such a useful thing.
>>
not only did this never happen, but lmao at some of those other names

entire post is a trainwreck tbqh
>>
File: 1426525654160.jpg (10 KB, 180x157) Image search: [Google]
1426525654160.jpg
10 KB, 180x157
>>66896361
>You guys remember when

Young friends wont understand OP.
>>66896425
>>66896460
>>66896476

But you're totally right.

Especially after Chasing Amy the hype around Kevin Smith was that he'd be this great director.

Instead of the bad joke he's become.

>>66896460
>Same goes for Robert Rodriguez.

But Robert Rodriguez is actually successful af.
>>
I don't.
But, on his defense, he did directed a film (Clerks) who starred on plenty of "cult" films list.
>>
I know you anons are all 17 but it is absolutely true. They were the 90's New Generation of filmmakers. They all came out of the post-Pulp Fiction indie boom and were all young hungry film heads. Why the fuck do you think these guys are all best friends?

The only ones that don't belong are the Coen Bros. who were around a little earlier and have essentially always been outsiders who drop a brilliant movie every few and then disappear to start the next one.
>>
>>66896633
*he did direct
>>
it was when he was riding off the success of Clerks and Mallrats, indie wasn't played out as a buzzword, and computer nerds who were also comicfags ruled opinion on the internet. so the nerds decided they wanted the indie legitimacy for their own pleb tastes, started pushing Smith in the same company as Anderson and Anderson, because those were the auteurs their hot, sophisticated freshman artschool cousin kept talking about.
>>
>>66896620
>Alita: Battle Angel (attached) (announced)
>Jonny Quest (announced)
>Machete Kills in Space (announced)
>2014 Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
>2013 Machete Kills
>2011 Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D
>2010 Machete
Doesn't sound that successful to me. Regardless, he was never considered to be on the same level as anybody on that list.
>>
>>66896785

Robert Rodriguez has single handedly created a mini media empire anon. He essentially created his own independent film and television studio entirely separate from Hollywood.
>>
File: remember remember.png (705 KB, 1246x598) Image search: [Google]
remember remember.png
705 KB, 1246x598
>>66896620
Jesus.
>>
>>66896928

What a piece of shit. I remember when the dude used to get his dick sucked all day for his dialogue. Now he's just Gilmore Girls with X-Men references and ass fucking jokes instead of comfy
>>
>>66896361
I wonder how his daughter must feel, knowing that her father named her after a character he has already confessed has masturbated to
>>
File: tusk.gif (64 KB, 541x200) Image search: [Google]
tusk.gif
64 KB, 541x200
NYUK NYUK NYUK
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.