[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me create a cartoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: pr_4854_i4_1910003.jpg (53 KB, 458x323) Image search: [Google]
pr_4854_i4_1910003.jpg
53 KB, 458x323
I need concepts.

Rick and Morty have already covered the scifi traversing alternate dimensions game.

Family guy has got the quirky family thing down pat, the Simpsons too but I dont know if thats even still watched.

South parks got the young self inserts in a big strange world going on.

Whats left? What can I tackle?

From observation of RM, FG and SP you need a male protag who is kind of a bumbling idiot a lot of the time, good at heart, and talking animals/monsters and a slew of whacky peripheral characters.

I know all that, but what setting? What's the story? What's going to get me clickbait views and make me a fucking millionaire sensation?

Conversely tell me youre ideas and let me steal them because you were never going to create them anyway.
>>
>>66894781
> implying you will
>>
>>66894836
fuck man you killed the momentum in here

we couldve changed my life right then
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 847x556) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 847x556
>>66894781
Do you have money?

Do you need animators, or character designers?
>>
>>66896063
No

Yes

Im thinking about a new york/la vet who can talk to animals and doing parodies of celebrities as they bring their pets in

but then im stuck on how that has any sort of complications, i guess i just steal SP/FG and make the problems normalfag problems but theyre funny because the characters are funny
>>
>>66894781
Twin peaks + Simpsons. Make it a weird city with a low key myth arc that can be funny yet mysterious and serious when needed. Let me help write it
>>
>>66896216
Fuck references, it's the cheapest form of humor
>>
>>66896241
Simpsons/SP/FG all survive off them

No man is an island anon... tthis whole forum is references and its very funny. i come here and i am discerning.
>>
bring back the animaniacs
>>
>>66896275
Ya but when you have a story and replace all posibolities at jokes that build character and highlight story with funny shit from the 80s it's only as funny as the reference which wears down after time, family guy does this and gets hate for it, Simpsons did this cautiously at the start, if they referenced something there was always a point and it helped move along the story or some character development in a humorous way
>>
>>66896413
i just want viewers senpai i dont care how they come

but you make a good point in that itd become a crutch if that were the only way to get a laugh

concieving this shit is hard.

rick and morty sounds easy, if i said "so we get a mad scientist who can travel through time and dimensions" thats so open you cant run out of ideas realistically

but then if i said "2 parents a few kids and whacky peripherals" like fg/simpsons or "4 kids in school and whacky peripherals" i dont even know how they make stories

i guess in the latter its heavily reliant on the outside characters being whacky
>>
>>66896413
You could do historical figures or something. Maybe they're reincarnated souls or something.

Have the sidekick be a Dr. Patch-type (a la Robin Williams) reincarnated as a mouse. He lives in the vet's front pocket, and just tells him what procedures to do etc.
The conflicts could be big/wacky/profound (like the vet has to help reincarnated JFK bring the true killers to justice), but le wacky mouse MD sidekick would could appeal to the normies. Maybe he smokes or something.

Either way, the protag has to be a normal guy doing wild, unnormal things/situations. That's a theme in popular media
>>
>>66894781

I'm already creating a variety show that has an animation segment so I'm keeping my genius to myself. Good luck though.
>>
>>66896629
give a nod to /tv/ so we know were our humble roots came from breh
>>
>>66896518
You can have characters that seem stale or have been done before. Workaholics is basically it's always sunny but based more or less in an office, and broad city is based off workaholics kinda. They're not cartoons but they're young funny shows that give you a sense what people are finding funny these days. You just need funny characters and think about what they would do and the story happens more naturally, the realer the character it becomes easier to write for them I think, I mean cartoon network hardly has anything with an interesting premise, it's all about kids at school, or working at a park or adventure time, but those shows aren't bad at all, I find them enjoyable, but then again I'm not sure what your demo is if you're trying to reach viewers, I'm just saying it's not so much about the story or plot as it is shit happening to the main characters
>>
>>66896729
good point man. ive gotta define a handful of main characters. ill just write 4 guys because i know guys. maybe 1 crazy bitch cause i know crazy bitches.
>>
This is the best I can do for you, op. Sit up and pay attention....

1. What's the next thing this character would realistically do?
2. What's the most interesting thing this character COULD do?
3. Where do I want the story to go next?
4. Where do I want the story to end up eventually?
5. Does this scene stand up on its own merit or is it just setting stuff up for later?
6. What are the later repercussions of this scene? How could I maximize them?

There ya go - solid foundation for you to start with. Start with a good storyline and let the natural humor flow.

Or just steal storylines from The Simpsons like MacFarlane did (and still does).
>>
>>66896704

You know it.
>>
>>66896781
Thats what i would do, try and come up with some funny guys first if you know guys. You don't have to throw out funny ideas for story's and plots, they definitely help and can be hilarious but you just have to remember it's more memorable the better the characters are.
>>
>>66896791
This is useful, thank you anon sir
>>
>>66896791
>1. What's the next thing this character would realistically do?
>2. What's the most interesting thing this character COULD do?
>3. Where do I want the story to go next?
>4. Where do I want the story to end up eventually?
>5. Does this scene stand up on its own merit or is it just setting stuff up for later?
>6. What are the later repercussions of this scene? How could I maximize them?

suck a dick
eat a dick
to a dickstore
the dick graveyard down by dick avenue on dickson town
yes
loads of dicks. infinite dicks.
>>
Make a cartoon with the precisice and excellent humor of 4chan.

Everything else is gay, corny, faggy and liberal.

4chan is the survival of the fittest, only the purest strength can survive, making it the best humour.

Joke about jews and stuff.

>German character, Hanz, often flaggelating himself on his ass, for make belief sins, and offers his girlfriend to immigrants, her catch frase is "Jaaa?! ;p" and she likes black guys
>Every now and then, camera zooms in at juden jewnose in corners when something mischevious happens

And other stuff related to 4chan, maybe pepe
>>
>>66897743
Actually could be funny
>>
make it about a hobo that rapes people and then kills and burns them for no good reason.

I would watch that.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.