[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does it land?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: independence-day.jpg (100 KB, 1417x684) Image search: [Google]
independence-day.jpg
100 KB, 1417x684
How does it land?
>>
Easily.
A better question is "How does it stay there in a gravity well?"
>>
It doesn't. Why would it?
>>
>>66894652

I always loved the scale of those things in the movie. They were fucking enormous in terms of sheer mass. As large as a city like NYC but much more dense and there were multiple of them that came from a fuckhuge mothership too. I imagine the entire population of the invaders exceeded our own just from the density.
>>
>>66894685
Mass effect fields of course shitlord.
>>
>>66894652
why would it land?
>>
>>66894652
Ships don't all have to land, this isn't Buck Rodgers.
>>
File: IDCrash[1].jpg (83 KB, 600x253) Image search: [Google]
IDCrash[1].jpg
83 KB, 600x253
>>66894652
With no survivors
>>
>>66894974
>wreckage of motherships causes more fatalities and more outages in cities than when the ayyliens were killing us
>>
>>66894652
cruise ships rarely drop anchor in harbors either
usually they stay a mile away from the coast and just use smaller boats to get to land
think of the same principle here, or maybe like a space station

It's good that they made it huge though, a lot of small ships are threatening and good for action sequences, but a fucking huge one feels a lot more menacing and uneasing, like it wont even have to use guns to destroy a city, it could just lower a bit and if you are not crushed by debris falling from destroyed skyscrapers you'd suffocate, freeze or whatever that fuckhuge ship would do to the earth
>>
File: the-martian-hermes.jpg (63 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
the-martian-hermes.jpg
63 KB, 620x372
How does it land?
>>
>tfw the upcoming sequel will have capital ships the size of half the USA
>>
>>66894652
on your mom's ass
>>
>>66894974
>all the ships are directly over large cities
>they randomly crash in barren areas and kill no one
that's some dbz bullshit
>>
>>66894974
>no survivors
>>
>>66895054
its a plothole
>>
>>66895027
BUT TODAY WE AT LEAST WON OUR INDEPENDENCE
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.