[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
K I N O
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: absolute kinography.jpg (74 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
absolute kinography.jpg
74 KB, 800x600
All memes aside, can we actually discuss Kino? Real Kino, as in the movement.
>Kino is a movement created as a means of providing both amateur and professional filmmakers with a place to create and screen their short-films. Kino Kabaret is a type of innovative film-making lab where invited artists create films in a mindset of spontaneity and collaboration. The production method utilizes principles of non-competitive work to encourage co-creation. Surprisingly, this unique concept became a resounding success, and is largely responsible for Kino groups or cells rapidly multiplying around the world. Founded in a spirit of collaboration and motivation, the movement stimulates the production of short-films by small crews with little to no budget. Kino is divided into individual cells, or chapters, most of which have a monthly screening where member directors can screen their films and usually organize Kino kabarets once in a year.

Have you seen such short films?
>>
Recommend any kino short films.
>>
Fucking seriously? Is this board JUST memes and feet fetishists?
>>
File: workers.jpg (52 KB, 1080x463) Image search: [Google]
workers.jpg
52 KB, 1080x463
Gimme one good reason this isn't the best trilogy of all time.
>>
>>66894121

There's nothing in that paragraph that's unique from any other creative process at all. "Spontaneity and collobaration"? What a bunch of bullshit.

So what's kino again?
>>
>>66894524
what is that?
>>
>>66894579
The Human Condition
>>
>>66894574
Short flicks that are cheap to make.
>>
>>66894574
Pure creativeness and collaboration between artist without any elitism or interference from studios and the "industry"? Making films for the sake of making films, is what I'm getting.
>>
>>66894615
every released film has had interference from studios and industry because of budgets.

Likewise some of the best kino doesn't conform to that definition at all.
>>
>tfw Kino literally means the cinema or going to the movies in my language.
>>
>>66894615

OK? I don't understand why this has such a particular label applied to it when this has literally been happening across every creative medium since the dawn of time.
>>
>>66894574
something about movement made art through partially or entirely self-made frames
>>
>>66894663
Where are you from anon?
>>
>>66894121
Lucas has been doing that with his buddies for a while now
>>
>>66894751

Slovenia
>>
>>66894823
Bulgaria here, and yeah. Kino literally means "cinema place" as well.

Give me your best slovenian film recommendation anon.
>>
>>66894823
>>66894923

It means exactly the same in Russian and probably most other slavic languages.

However, the op copypasted the definition from here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kino_%28movement%29

>The KINO movement was founded in 1999 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada by Christian Laurence and friends. It has since spread worldwide (mostly in French-speaking countries and central Europe)

So apparently it is French Canadian in origin.
>>
And you call yourselves Patricians and don't know anything about Kino?
>>
>>66895005
kino
>In film and theatre: (from the Norwegian, German and the Russian spelling of cine for cinema)
>>
File: Arrebato.jpg (50 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
Arrebato.jpg
50 KB, 353x500
Has anyone seen this film? Watched it last night.
>>
>>66896148
>Arrebato
No, but thanks, will check it out.
>>
>>66896240
Brought it up because I downloaded it from a blog literally called "Kino Sesion"
>>
Kino is a pretty good band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOIpzp3gZRQ&list=PLZ3XQn4NY4bZDANCiJ5Q56wxvfqukLsvm
>>
>>66894121
This isn't "real kino" in the conception of the term as a meme. It is derived from the works of Soviet director Dziga Vertov, who wrote (roughly translated)
>This new experimentation work by Kino-Eye is directed towards the creation of an authentically international absolute language of cinema – ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY – on the basis of its complete separation from the language of theatre and literature.

Basically, 'real kino' would be films that focus entirely on movement and cinematography itself rather than scripted speech
>>
>>66894663
Well duh
Kino is cinema.
Just like how Kikero is called in some languages Cicero
Cinema - Kinema

Kinema means motion, a word you maybe have heard in physics, fucking kinetics

The arguement about cinema-movie-kino is just a bullshit semantics meme.It's literally the same shit.
>>
>>66896406

Kino is just a generic russian root meaning "movie"

>Kino-Eye

It's basically wrong translation (one word is translated, the other is not). It should be either kino-glaz (кинo-глaз) or movie-eye.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.