[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets be honest, the Late Night Talk show died the moment high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
Lets be honest, the Late Night Talk show died the moment high speed internet was available.

>Letterman had be just going through the motions since the late 90s, only to be funny again in his final week
>Conan was good before the Late show but never recovered.
>Leno was always shit but got worse the longer he was there
>Stewart and Colbert were only good because they had a different format that didn't rely solely on celebrity guests, formats destroyed by their successors
>Everyone else is just going through the motions and trying to hard

Ferguson was the only one who was any good because he parodied the format and was just their to have fun. His guests new that so they ended up being better interviews then any other show.
>>
>tfw no more late night Craigy Fergz
>>
agree almost entirely

ferguson is a god compared to these guys tbqh
>>
graham norton show is okay. US talk shows are too entrenched in the monologue/skit/interview/special act format.
>>
Charlie Rose will be cancelled by mother nature soon

sadness consumes you
>>
>>66891049
>died the moment high speed internet was available

But the internet is the only place where DUDE GAMES WITH CELEBRITIES LMAO are watched. Unless that's your point in which case nevermind
>>
>>66891049
Agreed. He actually had some real interviews. Not just canned skits to push some shit film.
>>
>>66891049
>high speed Internet killed late night
>not the death of tv antennas
Well, that's what killed it for me.
Conan will always be the king of late night.
>>
>>66891049
When was the last time you watched Conan? His TBS show is still really good.
>>
>>66891049

The worst show I've recently seen was Fallon. None of his jokes were remotely funny and his interviewing skills are downright bad.
Kimmel is terrible as well. His voice and his stupid face puts me to sleep.

Craig Ferguson was great. One of my favourite parts was when Joel McHale did a spot on impersonation of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQARACAH2Us
>>
>>66891115
The Brits tend to make talk shows work because the hosts aren't interested kissing ass
>>
>>66891202
I gave up about a year after his current show started, he never seemed to get back to pre Tonight show form
>>
>>66891233
Well that was amazing
>>
>>66891233
seth myers is worse than fallon
>>
>>66891479
I have to agree with this
>>
>>66891479

I've never watched Seth's talkshow. But judging him from his SNL skits I assume it must be as bad as everyone says.
>>
>>66891233
I can almost hear his liver being consumed by cirrhosis
>>
File: jimmy faggot.jpg (85 KB, 974x445) Image search: [Google]
jimmy faggot.jpg
85 KB, 974x445
HAHAHAHAHA CLAP CLAP CLAP HAHAHAHAHA CLAP CLAP CLAP HAHAHAHAHAHA CLAP CLAP CLAP HAHAHAHA CLAP CLAP CLAP
>>
Im not an american, im thinking of going through fergusons show. Should I start from season1 or is any other season a better start?
>>
>>66891556
Imagine WGN or Ion doing a talk show.
>>
File: harrisonford.jpg (79 KB, 427x316) Image search: [Google]
harrisonford.jpg
79 KB, 427x316
>>66891049
>>Stewart and Colbert were good
>>
>>66891600
Early ones are better then most talk shows, but it's not until about a year into having Geoff it's great
>>
File: just shoot me.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
just shoot me.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>ywna see craig get out fucking skilled at his own game/style by kate mara

>ywna see craig and ewan mcgregor go full scottish retards

>speaking of scottish, ywna see craig bring out that adorable awkwardness that makes karen gillan a legitimate 10

>ywna see craig and alice eve juggle philosophy and tits

>ywna see craig visably deify and get noticeably intimidated by how overwhelming morena baccarin is

on the other hand i wouldn't be surprised if he found some way to adopt shailene woodley and go off traveling the world and solving crimes together, somehow that still seems well within the realm of possibility especially because she seems a bit apathetic about her career, and that divergent series is not helping.. and i think id be ok with this. kinda

i can keep going but i don't want to
>>
>>66891657
Come at me autist
>>
>>66891667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pRQvEJ2ti8
This is the clip that made me decide to want to watch his show.
Having this in mind, should I still watch it from the start? Or some middle season?
>>
>>66891733
middle season
>>
>>66891755
So 5-6? Thanks btw
>>
>>66891657
They objectively were great hosts who were very funny though. Only SJWs lack the ability to watch anybody that isn't aligned with them 100% politcally. Hell, sometimes I even watch John Oliver on YouTube if the segment isn't some hit piece. His coverage of foreign politics in particular is pretty good.
>>
>>66891786
I started January 11, 2011, you could go earlier. Start in 2009 probably.
>>
>>66891657
I genuinely enjoy John Oliver to.
>>
best moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdXiburHUQg
>>
File: norm.jpg (827 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
norm.jpg
827 KB, 1920x1080
>Norm MacDonald will never get a show and single-handedly save late night
Why live
>>
File: YES..jpg (240 KB, 781x1062) Image search: [Google]
YES..jpg
240 KB, 781x1062
>it's a Craig Ferguson with Kristen Bell episode
>>
File: 1453103587678.jpg (27 KB, 395x397) Image search: [Google]
1453103587678.jpg
27 KB, 395x397
>>66891976
>norm macdonald
I give you my upvote sir
>>
>>66891049
CoCo was on "Late Night", and it was good

he was shanked after going to The Tonight Show, in which he was still good, but people expected the same leno droll

neither he or craig ever got the support from the networks their replacements did, despite them being no where as good

>>66891136
lmao

I can imagine him slipping into an Ira-Glass-esque comma and never coming out
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.