[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow this was fucking trash. Really one of the worst movies I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Illpc.jpg (203 KB, 1000x1417) Image search: [Google]
Illpc.jpg
203 KB, 1000x1417
Wow this was fucking trash. Really one of the worst movies I've seen in a long while. It was like a Hellraiser knock-off in space.
>>
>>66889297
Sorry to hear you have shit taste
>>
>>66889354
On the contrary; the next time somebody says they like this piece of shit, I'm immediately discounting their opinion.
>>
>>66889297
I hope your terminal plebness doesn't make your life too terrible.
>>
File: bait gesserit.png (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bait gesserit.png
17 KB, 600x600
>>
>>66889384

How much of a discount? Don't jerk me around.
>>
>>66889396
kek,

seriously though, Event Horizon is like the Michael Bay of horror movies. It's real flash and has lots of good gory effects but there is nothing under the hood. A handful of good moments throughout perhaps: crew log, finding the device, sam niel climbing down the stairs forward. otherwise it's like a handjob where you don't cum, absolutely souless, a true pleb magnet
>>
essential third act is trash core

this could have been a near masterpiece
>>
The ending trying to set itself up for a possible sequel
>>
File: 1390014067353.jpg (59 KB, 698x904) Image search: [Google]
1390014067353.jpg
59 KB, 698x904
>>66889297
>>
>>66889297

Fuck off, retard.
>>
Why do people here call this a 40k movie?
>>
>>66889297

it was okay, it's not shit, its passable

the people who think its great are annoying because obviously it isn't. unless you are retarded or a little kid. but its not "trash" its just a middling horror/sci-fi with bad writing.
>>
>>66889297
It's not that great. The premise is novel and there are a couple of well executed spooky parts but I don't think it manages to do anything consistently enough to be really good. The best spooks in the movie are very good, and so are the best space-thriller bits, but too much of the movie is weak and poorly executed.
>>
>>66889800
Because it pretty much is a warhammer 40k film
>>
>>66889800

Because it's humanity venturing into the Warp, prior to the discovery of the Gellar Field.
>>
>>66889800
I suppose because it's got space and grimdarkness and because the presence on the ship works a lot like Chaos does in the 40k setting. You could easily work it into the universe by saying that everything became fucked because they caught Tzeentch's attention or something.
>>
>>66889602

Only seen it once but I remember liking some ideas. It's a Paul WS Anderson movie so Im not surprised if it's flashy garbage, and I say that as a fan of the first three Resident Evil movies.
>>
>>66889800
Do you know anything about 40k?

In 40k there are two universes, reality and "the warp", the warp is basically hell, daemons live there, laws of physics don't apply, there are multiple evil gods that feed of emotions that want to devour your soul.

In 40k there are sometimes tears in reality and the warp "spills out". Also when a ship wants to go faster then light speed it has to make a jump through the warp, risking being fucked by daemons.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.