[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some telltale signs its a bad/zombie Simpsons episode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: simpsonszombies.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
simpsonszombies.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
What are some telltale signs its a bad/zombie Simpsons episode?

For me its:
excessive and unnecessary dialogue to explain a joke
bad and stiff animation
townspeople mob for no reason
>>
a currently famous guest star is not starring to poke fun of themselves, but only just to be a self-insert.
>>
>>66884844

The Simpsons is shit
>>
smartphones are present
>>
>What are some telltale signs its a bad/zombie Simpsons episode?

Uh, the Season Number?
>>
>family guy type of jokes
>A decent joke gets ruined because it goes on for too long
>tries to be relevant by using whatever is popular these days
>>
yeah, i think they were going for a spin off about the town in general without the simpsons around the the 10th season because that starts to happen alot
>>
File: hoomor and flonders.jpg (43 KB, 627x470) Image search: [Google]
hoomor and flonders.jpg
43 KB, 627x470
>>66886848

/thread
>>
>>66884844
Oh god I hate when the townspeople all get together and discuss something that is only happening to 1 character.
>>
>>66886755
It used to be the best show ever
>>
>>66884844
That episode when homer shoves bart in his stomach in an angry manner like some sexual fetish.

Is the episode where Krusty's father dies.
>>
>>66886962
Yes, it used to. How did a show fall so far so fast?
>>
>>66887100
Thats what I am still trying to work out mr dubs guy.

I tried to watch some of season 24 but could not get passed a full episode cos it was so bad. Only good new episode worth watching was the Lego one that I loved.

Rest are all shit.
>>
Someone screams a lot.
Stuff obviously thrown in to appeal to hipsters/geek chic pandering.
Obvious political commentary.
The adults don't act like adults and the kids don't act like kids.
Too afraid of seriousness. Must be trying to make you laugh every second even if it fails.
>>
>>66884844
It was made in this millenium
>>
>>66887178
>its an episode where lisa solves all the problems
>>
>>66887209
Maybe it will be better next millenium?(kek).
>>
>episode isn't evergreen, focuses on "current events" (that happened a year before the episode came out)
>its a Lisa episode
>its about le n3rd culture
>episode has a celebrity guest playing themselves for no real reason
>>
>>66887163
>I tried to watch some of season 24 but could not get passed a full episode cos it was so bad.

This. I've tried watching several recent episodes but could never make it past 7~ minutes.

It has become painful to watch.
>>
My fav season!
>>
>lisa tries to make a point
>celebrity appearance almost unironically breaking the fourth wall
>pop culture references
>digital animation (isn't inherently bad, just bad the way they use it)
>overly political plot

And honestly, they ran out of ideas. Which is understandable, because no show can remain fresh for over 500 episodes, no matter how much new blood you bring in.
>>
>>66887100
Was it really fast? To me it seemed a pretty slow and steady decline. Now it's abysmal, but it was still watchable in the 2000s, but still nowhere near it's golden age in the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>66887272
Yea that Lady Gaga episode where they made her into a type of super hero by sensing Lisa's pain (whaaat).

I wonder what the ratings of the viewing audience is for the recent seasons.

Anyone have any statistics comparing it to the 90s era?
>>
>>66887278
I agree. Season 14, 15 was still watchable for me.

Anything past season 18 is an absolute unwatchable shit.
>>
Hey instead of animating the entire episode, what if we just have a bunch of transparent PNGs we can create photoshop collages from to make like two or three keyframes per minute and then just let computers tween all the motion for us
>>
>>66887272
This must be the reason why they are no longer releasing simpsons dvd box sets.

They must know how shit it is that no one would wanna collect aha
>>
>>66887358
Does south park do that or do they still draw?
>>
>>66884844

Dan Castellaneta's voice, from witty to kinda rough.
>>
>>66887323
Pretty sure the ratings are down a ton since the 90s but enough people are still watching to keep it going.
>>
File: guest writer seth mcfarlane.webm (2 MB, 882x500) Image search: [Google]
guest writer seth mcfarlane.webm
2 MB, 882x500
>>
>>66888273
seth is the kind of faggot that thinks dragging out jokes is a good idea
>they loop them doing the fish struggle 3 times
>was funny the first then just ruined
>>
shitty animation

did someone notice chief wiggum in the latest episode? when he stops marge in the car? his movement is extremely jerky.
>>
>>66888447

>was funny the first

kys
>>
>in 2087 /tv/ will be talking about the Simpsons 2nd golden age from seasons 56-61
>>
File: 1457599690115.jpg (124 KB, 888x500) Image search: [Google]
1457599690115.jpg
124 KB, 888x500
>>66888273
Why did the hot tub break into a few tiny fragments? How did the water stay in when the hot tub doesn't even have a back side? Is this a Halloween episode because there's some freaky shit going on here.
>>
Lol XD self aware jokes, they think that as long as they acknowledge that the show is now shit, it makes everything okay.
>>
>>66884844
The way the main cast sounds. Especially Homer.
>>
>>66888565

'Tis a fine barn, but sure 'tis no pool, English.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.