[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is there a possibility that Stannis is still alive? In the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: Capture2.jpg (23 KB, 784x430) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
23 KB, 784x430
So is there a possibility that Stannis is still alive?

In the trailer Brienne killed some guy in a helmet, but it wasn't Stannis. Maybe she killed this guy after she killed stannis? but why show it in the trailer? it must have some significance, no?
>>
>>66881815
Well Stannis is alive in the books, so of course it's possible. If he is dead, I don't see the point of having the sword swing scene end before hitting flesh.

What is more frustrating about the show is that they are gonna start to cull the unimportant plotlines ahead of the books, the plotlines that in the books ultimately lead nowhere, but are not written or published yet. This was done with the absence of Lady Stoneheart. The fact she is not in the show is a demonstration of it not being relevant to the ending, with probably revolves around Jon and Dany. If Stannis is dead in the show but not in the books, it means Stannis plotline lead nowhere that was relevant to the ending.

All that assumes that the shows ending will be fundamentally the same as the book's, but I don't see why they would change it. Maybe GRRM ending isn't shocking enough? At the same time, I remember one interview where he said that if he gave them the contract he really wanted it to be good, basically he wouldn't give his book into adaption very easily. If they had plans for another ending I doubt he would have accepted.
>>
>>66883171
>the books
lol
>>
>>66883188
he's saying its possible you pessimistic nigger
>>
File: Capture.png (364 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
364 KB, 854x480
>>66881815
tfw Stannis lives long enough to be flayed and set on fire
>>
It's dumb to assume he's dead of we didn't see him die on screen, much like the Hound

I'm not saying he is alive definitely but you can't rule any shit out
>>
>>66883303
They probably found some dead soldier to flay and burn so others would think it was Stannis. He's alive.
>>
>>66883324
>Hound
>the website doesn't say is dead, been spotted
>Stannis
>website says is dead, hasn't been spotted

Nope, not alike
>>
i love stannis but he's fucking dead

why cant you guys grasp that

it's D&D, what do you fucking expect at this point?
>>
>>66881815
Calling it now - Theon and Sansa will run away through the woods and get surrounded by five Bolton guys, but Brienne shows up and kills them all.
>>
>>66885633
He should have sent a quarter of his Good Men
>>
>>66881815
Probably not. He doesn't serve a purpose in the story anymore, especially if Aegon/Young Griff is cut. Brienne will probably head south and meet up with Jaime if he starts doing Riverlands stuff

>>66883171
> If Stannis is dead in the show but not in the books, it means Stannis plotline lead nowhere that was relevant to the ending

this. I'm now expecting Stannis to be defeated and killed by the Boltons. Mel with sacrifice Shireen to rez Jon. About the same time this happens, Justin Massey will return to the wall with the Braavossi sellswords, and Jon will co-opt them for his campaign against the Boltons
>>
>>66881815
>So is there a possibility that Stannis is still alive?

About as possible as Glenn crawling under the dumpster.
>>
>he still watches got
>>
inb4 mods delete this thread as well
>>
>>66883171
>but I don't see why they would change it
>>
>>66887361
fucking pathetic, stop holding on to /got/ its never coming back faggot
>>
>>66887383
i don't give a shit about /got/ generals and the faggots that post there

i want to speculate about the fucking show
>>
>>66887416
lmao not gonna happen lol
>>
>>66883171
>the plotlines that in the books ultimately lead nowhere
What does this mean exactly. Its a story not a treasure hunt. All the plots relate to the others in some way even if its just to affect the decision making of other characters.
>>
>>66885633

Your not calling anything. Most people with a brain can deduce from the image of Sansa and Theon that they will have to part ways, with Sansa escaping and Theon being surrounded by Bolton men. Then with a little more brainpower can figure out the man Brienne kills looks similar to the soldiers behind Theon.

Try harder senpai.
>>
>>66881815

it isnt actually brienne killing the dude in the helmet, their armor is completely different. the editing makes it look like its brienne though
>>
>>66887111
You can't do that. It's 20, no more, no less. As soon as you add or take away Good Men, their powers diminish.
>>
>>66883171
he cant say shit now d&d will finish the series without him
>>
>>66883171

GRRMs already said the book and the show are now completley separate to each other
>>
There's going to be two known characters on the burning crosses before the battle starts. Ramsay never burned his victims before. I think he is trying to make fun of R'hlorr, so it has to be someone connected to that religion or at least to Stannis.

We know it's not Jon, Rickon or Tormund. If Stannis is dead it's likely his body rotted by that point. My bet is that it is Melly Sander and Davos. Then again why does Ramsay even bother when he's facing down an army who follow mostly the old gods? Not like he'll believe Jon was rezzed by R'hlorr. I'm beginning to think Stannis has to be alive.
>>
>>66881815
he's confirmed dead in the HBO GoT site. And even if Melisandre is there, they wouldn't waste the last kiss on stannis when they can just use him on jon. You also see her in the trailer admitting to Davos that the visions of stannis were untrue.
>>
Is Bobby B in his prime the greatest warrior that ever lived? He's basically described as a physical Mountain but with better skills, speed, endurance and on bloodlust mode all the time. Could anyone realistically take him in a fight?

>inb4 Arthur Dayne
that supreme gentleman got rekt by Ned and six good men.
>>
Why do the trailers for this show always have such tryhard music?
>>
Can't wait for a full season of fanfiction where nothing happens. Not that i really care aFFC is garbage anyway.
>>
>>66890175
>those impractical helmets
>>
>>66890175
Martin said that Dayne with his sword dawn could more or less beat anyone in a 1v1

With a regular sword he's on par with Barriston Selmy
>>
>>66890456
>With a regular sword he's on par with Barriston Selmy

so just double dagger him
>>
GODS I WAS STRONG THEN
>>
>>66883395
That is actually really good point. Why would D&D use this unidentifiable burning corpse unless it's a ruse? if it was Stannis it would be absolutely clear in the trailer (for shock value). I call bullshit
>>
>>66889981
>GoT relaunch a decade after it ends
>gets the FMA: Brotherhood treatment
>>
File: 1457556724829.png (142 KB, 475x571) Image search: [Google]
1457556724829.png
142 KB, 475x571
yes, stannis lives
>>
>>66890456
Still in the got world any random peasant can get luck in a fight. Daynes probably the best in a long while but the gap between him and everyone else probably isn't as big as you might think.
>>
File: 1456254009424.png (1005 KB, 484x1366) Image search: [Google]
1456254009424.png
1005 KB, 484x1366
>>66891921
Looks like davos
>>
>>66892035
you're supposed to think it's him
>>
>>66890021
She admits that she misinterpreted them, not that they were fake.
>>
>>66883171
DD probally saw the letter and thought that Stannis was dead, little minded as they are.
>>
>>66891921
That`s based Davos you idiot.

Onion Knight will help revive Jon and will be his right hand.
>>
>>66892945
how desillusional can joncucks get?
>>
>>66887225
>Riverlands stuff
I have news for you, anon...
>>
>>66893038
Stannis autists are the delusional ones

The one true king is dead, you need to accept that
>>
>>66893266
seriously. these fags need to let go. Stannis was a pussy whipped bitch that met his end and has nowhere else to go.
>>
>>66893266
>>66894292
Jesus, Wtf happened to this board? Just because Fucking D+D fanfic made Stannis burn his daughter, everyone acts like he isn't the greatest character in the show. People who turned their back on the one true king are retarded.
>>
>>66890660
Or maybe they don't want to pay the actor to appear in a single scene as a corpse
>>
>>66894455
do you expect anything less from showfags
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.