[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tv/, for someone who's never seem Breaking Bad but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Breaking-Bad-Heisenberg.jpg (781 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Breaking-Bad-Heisenberg.jpg
781 KB, 1920x1080
So /tv/, for someone who's never seem Breaking Bad but is a big fan of gangster and mob films, is it worth it? Everyone praises it so high as one of the best, if not THE BEST, tv show out there. The premise seems very interesting as well, a chemistry teacher with a boring and sad as fuck life discovers he has cancer and decides to make drugs. So, does he become a crime lord of some sort like a mobster or a Tony Montana? Is it like Goodfellas but with the Cartel?
Does it get bad eventually?

This video kind of made me more interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFJKy9RAxTU
>>
>>66875478

Holy shit, with all the reasons you posted yourself, that's more than enough reason to give the show a try.

What are you, institutionalized by /tv/ or something? Need our approval? Fuck off
>>
>>66875478
He fucks over everyone in his way and in the end he loses everything. He tries to become Tony Soprano but nothing works out that way. Still worth a watch though.
>>
>>66875478
I started watching it yesterday actually. Coming off a 12 hour marathon. So far no regrets.
>>
File: breaking balls.jpg (128 KB, 600x883) Image search: [Google]
breaking balls.jpg
128 KB, 600x883
>>66875478
It's good just temper your expectations. Cranston sometimes elevates it to great, but it's nothing extraordinary. He's pretty much the only interesting character, and even he's not that substantial. It's a decent pulpy watch, nothing deep, nowhere near the big boys like Sopranos, Mad Men, the Wire.
>>
fuck off newfag
>>
>>66875528
Don't be a dick, i wanna know if by liking these thing this shit is worth a watch. Also

>Does it get bad eventually?

I don't know if this is some overrated crap like other shows that get praised all over the internet
>>
>>66875668
kid i'm here since 2006
don't talk shit like you know something about me
>>
>>66875478
Its a good show even if it is a little too tethered to the contemporary crime drama tropes that came before it.

Season 3 is probably the least consistent but its still got some fun moments.

The ending isn't the greatest but its far from the worst thing you'll see either so give it a whirl I'd say.
>>
Bb is a totally different experience when watching it live or spaced out. Can't really explain it. It has a lot of inconsistent parts that only stand out after you've seen it already.

It's not goat, but it's good.
>>
>>66875718
if you were actually here since then you'd have watched the show since it was an obscure gem in season 1 with good threads and then became a massive pleb shitfest in season 3+, culminating in a total reddit+marathoning normie invasion for the finale. The fact that you wanna discuss it two years later guarantees you werent, so fuck off
>>
Walter dies
>>
>>66875857
well he has cancer, i didn't expect much
>>
I have about as much respect for breaking bad as I do for the
>>
>>66875889
A-anon?
>>
File: Hank.jpg (27 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Hank.jpg
27 KB, 480x480
>Redpill me on the series i'm about to watch bros, including pertinent plot points pls.
>>
File: 144428384626.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
144428384626.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
Who are you le talking to right now? Who is it you le think you le? Do you know how much I le make a year? I mean, even if I le told you, you wouldn't le believe it. Do you know what would happen if I sudden le decided to le stop going into le work? A business big enough that it could be le listed on le NASDAQ goes belly up. Le disappears! It ceases to le exist without le me. No, you clearly don't know who you're le talking to, so let me le clue you le in. I am not in le danger, Skyler. I AM le danger! Le guy opens his le door and gets shot and you think that of LE ME? No. I am le one who le knocks!
>>
File: 1456645658841.jpg (86 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1456645658841.jpg
86 KB, 900x900
>>66875797
>anon is on 4chan since 2007
>>
>>66875478

The entire thing is dreadful, ignore it.
>>
>>66875967
............. Off and on since 06:c
>>
>>66875478
He never reaches Tony Montana or Ray Liotta levels. It's actually fairly grounded the whole way through. (to my surprise and somewhat disappointment)
>>
the sopranos is 10 times a better show perhaps even 11 times
>>
>>66875478
It's a show where a guy decides to make money for his family before he dies and ends up getting into deeper and deeper shit
>>
Yes, it's a decent show, but very overrated. Definitely worth watching at least the first or first and second seasons.

The later seasons are more cartoonish and the writing is significantly worse, but you may still like them. There's nothing really smart or creative about the show--it's mostly good as a thrill ride. There's not anything to really think about or engage you outside the plot. Still, it does well as a good plot-based show for at least the first two seasons.
>>
>>66875478
Its a weird show
The first two seasons are vastly different from the last seasons.

Youll find yourself bored and then loving the ramping up of the show, or you will love it and then be mad at how shit the writing became.

But its still worth the watch, its got enough of everything to keep most people happy
>>
very overrated and i don't get it. it doesn't seem like a show that would have such a big cult normie status. but then again these are usually the same people who think walking dead is one of the best tv shows
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.