[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is no one talking about Star Trek Beyond?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: TooStarTooTrek.jpg (532 KB, 1864x1182) Image search: [Google]
TooStarTooTrek.jpg
532 KB, 1864x1182
Why is no one talking about Star Trek Beyond?
>>
>>66873688

Gazellalien looks cool, so does evil G'kar. Simon Pegg seems to be giving himself too many goddamn scenes though.
>>
>>66873688
I honestly forgot this was coming out.
>>
>>66873688
I can't stand it
>>
Because Fuller is here to save us so we don't have to settle for garbage anymore
>>
Poor pegg got cucked
>>66873722
I would too desu
>>
>>66873688
I think its going to suck desu
>>
>>66873688
Star Trek Fans must be so fucking pissed...Nah I take it back, they gave up on the franchise after the first one.
>>
>>66873934
We did.

>inb4 some faggot brings up the fact that a few autists were upset back in the 80s that TNG wasn't exactly the same as TOS
Almost everyone was pleased with TNG when it was airing. VOY was the first show that trek fans were universally displeased with, ENT was the first that caused massive butthurt (due to continuity problems, and being even worse than VOY), and the JJverse is orders of magnitude worse than anything we've ever seen.
>>
>>66873934
first one was surprisingly good.
>>
>>66874060
This is objectively wrong.
>>
>this is the shit that passes for star trek these days
>meanwhile CBS is trying to shut down passionate fan projects like Axanar that only try to keep the real spirit alive, FOR FREE
>>
It's shit that's why
>>
>>66873934
I gave stid a chance and regretted
I haven't been back to the cinema ever since
Thanks JJ
>>
>>66873688
Because Into Dumbness was so bad I have lost interest in the franchise.
>>
Because Into Reference was really bad and they had to step their game up to draw people back in. And then that trailer happened.
>>
>>66873688
>the director of F&F
like it's a perk or something
>>
>>66874060
Nah, fuck you, I enjoyed ENT and JJ Trek more than TNG, almost more than DS9.
>>
File: CANT.png (190 KB, 535x439) Image search: [Google]
CANT.png
190 KB, 535x439
>>66873688
Because it isn't Star Trek
>>
Shitty director who got hired because FF7 made money and trailer looked completely uninteressting.
>>
>>66875483

Lin directed 3/4/5/6. Someone else directed 7.
>>
>>66875355
>I enjoyed ENT and JJ Trek more than TNG
Wew lad, you have awful taste.
>>
Guys, realise that when the trailer sucks the movie fucks
Calling best picture 2017
>>
>>66875961
>when the trailer sucks the movie fucks
If that's true then the Ghostbusters remake is going to be a 10/10 masterpiece.
>>
>>66876294
it is
>>
>>66873688
Because it looks like baity trash for 13 year olds. I closed my browser as soon as I heard Sabotage kick in.

Star trek fans are undoubtedly older (generally) and that's who this movie should be pandering to. JJ made entertaining movies, but this one feels so far away from core-trek. Probably kill the reboot IMO, then the new series is going to have to come in and save trek
>>
>>66876551
sabotage came out 20 years ago gramps, it's virtually classical music now
>>
>>66875961
>when the trailer sucks the movie fucks
What are some examples of this? I can think of good trailers that turned out to be shitty movies but not the other way around
>>
>>66873764
yeah same, and i liked Into Darkness
>>
>>66879357
>i liked into darkness

i would tell you to go back to that website but i even them will tell you to GTFO
>>
I liked the reboots, they were fun action movies. I wish there were another series similar to TNG or TOS though. Something that is more old school trek like. My favorite series is DS9 though.
>>
>>66873688
Does anyone give a shit?
>>
>>66879714
I think Paramount is aware of this which is why they're doing almost nothing to promote it.
>>
>>66879714
Eh, I plan on watching it
>>
>>66873688

Literally first I've heard about it OP
>>
people like into darkness mostly but it didn't do so well at the box office. not bad but it was expected to do better.

star trek has kind of hit the glass ceiling i'd be surprised if the new movie breaks 500m. it'll never have that mass appeal no matter how hard they try, but it'll always have a big enough fanbase to be popular.
>>
I actually like the new star trek movies
>>
>>66881244
Star Trek lost all appeal in the early 2000s when everyone figured out the moon landings were faked and the space program is bullshit
>>
>>66873688
I'm looking forward to this. Loved the other two, and never know this one might be even better with less lens flares right?
>>
have you heard any hype for any movie? there is the BvS marketing blitz then the civil war marketing blitz. no one is bothering to compete with that. star trek beyond comes out about the same time as independence day and ghostbusters which have barely had any hype either.
>>
the trailer reaction has been negative amongst trek fans who even like the other movies. the whole motorbike thing triggers people about nemesis and the dune buggy.

also it seems like the enterprise might be destroyed early on and people like seeing the enterprise shooting stuff.
>>
>>66881479

>Ghostbusters coming out at the same time as Independence Day 2 and Star Trek

Are you ready to be blamed for the inevitable flop white men?
>>
>>66881701
>1701
>star trek thread
heh
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.