[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
0%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: wreewr.png (114 KB, 770x241) Image search: [Google]
wreewr.png
114 KB, 770x241
Oh boy...

dammit I preferred this franchise over the Hunger Games, don't do this shit to me. not now.
>>
>watching either
>>
>>66873100
>>66873125
I don't know why people shit on The Hunger Games, it's a legitimately good movie series that got better each film. I don't view it much as a young adult movie but a blockbuster series that involves themes of war and propaganda in ways not often done in science fiction hollywood movies.
>>
File: top critic.png (9 KB, 385x169) Image search: [Google]
top critic.png
9 KB, 385x169
I don't give a fuck what the movie is, this person needs to be be fired immediately.
>>
>>66873230
>I don't know why people shit on The Hunger Games
Its popular.
>>
>>66873230
Because it's shit.
Go back to Facebook.
>>
>>66873230
I don't like HG because I don't know what it's supposed to be. The action isn't meant to be entertaining because it's kids fighting to the death (which is why they blur it out and don't focus on it etc). So basically it's a depressing political, Orwellian story that's targeted at a young audience? Doesn't work.
>>
>>66873244
kek that's good
>>
>>66873230
I'm really grappling with the implication that The Hunger Games does anything in a remotely innovative or interesting or even just different way but I just fucking can't
>>
File: 1448827816468.png (609 KB, 547x503) Image search: [Google]
1448827816468.png
609 KB, 547x503
>>66873230
>it's a legitimately good movie series
wrong
>that got better each film
and again
>not often done in science fiction hollywood movies
and a hat trick!
>>
>>66873230
>it's a legitimately good movie series that got better each film

Does it really get better ? Because the first one is shit. The idea of the hunger games itself doesn't make any sense. Why kill random teenagers ?
>>
>>66873457
Yes and no. Catching Fire was better but the two Mockingjay flicks are even worse.
>>
>>66873457
>Why kill random teenagers ?
This issue is addressed in the first movie.
>>
>In a world where teenagers can do one thing, this teenager can do TWO things!
>We better kill her
>>
>>66873507

I watched the first movie and didn't understand, could you explain to a retard how they can murder kids and not expect a revolution ?
>>
>Allegiant piles on yet more bamboozling mythology to flummox and confound

it's almost a shame no one gives a shit about divergent cause this could be the new glib facsimile
>>
>>66873230
It's battle royal without the originality and the ridicolous satire
>>
>>66873244
Wouldn't be more funny if it was "more like repugnant"?
>>
>>66873100
>franchise

You are everything wrong with post-2000 moviegoers, in a nutshell.
>>
Oh Christ I tried watching this divergent shit when it was in HBO last week. It was beyond terrible m8. These mivies are made for teenage girls
>>
>>66873579
You steal their hope by making them fight each other, numbnuts!
>>
>>66873230
It's a weird blend of 1984 and Brave New World that isn't as good as either of them and doesn't really make sense once you consider it in any depth.

Also, Jennifer Lawrence is a horrible actress, and many of the performances in the first movie are hilariously so-bad-they're-good (e.g. the rock scene).

Also, Battle Royale did it much, much better.
>>
>>66873100
Imma second that. As mediocre as it is, Divergent is still better than the Hunger Games.
>>
>>66873366
>movies with serious topics can't be targeted towards young adults
If anything, they're the most important people to explain propoganda to people. I think the movie series deals with it in a simplistic matter that's understandable for teenagers and adults whilst still being an engaging action series.
>>66873457
Lots of people talk about the latter being boring but honestly I think it's just because they're young adult fans wishing for some humor or constant action. I think they're well paced movies.
>>
>>66873771
>>66874261
>Battle Royal did it first!
I never got this. That movie is completely different in tone and plot. Battle Royal is like the equivalent to a Tarantino movie. It's fun but ultimately meaningless. I'm not saying Hunger Games is 'deep' or anything, but at least those movies try to build on their themes.
>>
>>66874445
I didn't say Battle Royale did it first, I said Battle Royale did it better (but also first, now you mention it).

It's a worse version of something that already exists. It uses the same central concept and shows you exactly how to do it right.
>>
i kind of like the trailer for this movie but these movies are movies are trash
>>
>>66874174
"Do what I say, or I'll kill a comparatively tiny number of people."

"I'm going to kill a comparatively tiny number of people every year anyway"

k den.
>>
>>66873580
Is that a review by Dr Seuss?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.