[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boycott Ghostbuster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6
File: Dontwatchthis.jpg (14 KB, 250x173) Image search: [Google]
Dontwatchthis.jpg
14 KB, 250x173
#boycottghostbusters

Literally the worst trailer I have ever seen. Get this trending
>>
>give this pile of shit publicity, rather than just discreetly complaining about it on an anonymous bhutanese crochet weblog
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>66863294
Boycott's just gonna make more people talk about it, which means free advertising.

This is Sony's MO. ALL publicity is good.
>>
>>66863294
Aww, does your peepee hurt?
>>
I feel bad for the cast and Feig having to deal with all this hate.

The trailer isn't great, but people are over exaggerating how bad it is.
>>
>>66863294
No fuck off, this is shilling for attention
Saged
>>
>>66863388
Fucking this, at least someone gets it.
Op is either a shill or a redditor
>>
the fuck is this nonsense
do I look like a nigger?
>>
>>66863761
It's not really the trailer (though that is pretty bad) but the leaked plot summary that has me in a bunch.

>Leslie Jones' uncle is Ernie Hudson
>Chris Hemsworth is really, REALLY stupid. Like, complete moron.
>the "final form" of the main villain is literally the ghost logo (before that he's just a jilted hotel worker)
>the main villain makes an army dance to the Bee Gees
>Crossing the streams DOESN'T WORK.
>they operate out of a Chinese restaurant for most of the film, mostly to make cheap Asian jokes (which I'm okay with) and cheap fat jokes.
>they get the original firehouse HQ at the end because they can afford the rent now
>The last line is "Who is Zuul?"
I just watched the end of the original because it happened to be on. Made me really sad that this movie's being made. Honestly I'd be really happy if they pulled a total bait-and-switch and re-released the original movie without telling anyone.
>>
>>66863294
Anyone saying get this trending/viral does not understand how social media works. You can't force it.
>>
The more it's discussed and protested, the more publicity it gets.

Just let it fail and be forgotten like Fantastic 4.
>>
>>66863294
It'll be garbage no matter what, just ignore it if you don't like it so much.
>>
>boycotting media by giving it publicity

What ever happened to "vote with your wallet?"
>>
>>66864168
That's the point though. All these posts on here complaining about ghost busters are just giving it more attention. This is satire.
>>
>>66864168
Bad publicity is what killed Pixels

Not saying we should do with hashtag shit but I;m just saying sempai...people really hate Sony and won't support them is word gets out.
>>
>>66863294
Nah, just ignore it and don't go see it and tell other people how bad it is.
>>
everyone sign up for boycott ghostbusters its satire. also go so see the movie 10x so you can tell everyone how bad it is
>>
#boycottwomen

dey got cooties and whatnot
>>
>>66864198
>>66864227
bad publicity is still publicity.
>>
>>66863294
Watch someone connected with the film actually do this and get the publicity from it they want and we're stuck with a shit franchise and hashtag warriors.
>>
>>66863921
Some shill is probably trying to tap the gamergate crowd. Nerdrage for free publicity.
>>
>>66863294
When i saw it I just thought about the recent Adam sandler's movies. So i resolved to do what i do with those movies, ignore them. You can't boycott a piece of entertainment by giving it publicity, my friend. It doesn't work like that.
>>
>>66864335
And publicity doesn't always equal money
>>
>>66864275
Can I follow you on T*mblr?
>>
>>66863294
Are you virgins really this butthurt over women?
>>
File: 262624.jpg (9 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
262624.jpg
9 KB, 280x280
How can I boycott something I wasn't going to buy in the first place?
>>
>>66865217
but muh 80s movie from literally 27 years ago is ruined.
>>
>>66863294
"Boycott" implies normally you would've seen the movie but now won't for some reason. I knew the movie would be shit simply because you cannot make the kind of movie that Ghostbusters was nowadays and I never was going to see it to begin with.
>>
>>66863841

I thought it was obviously fake but then the second trailer actually confirmed a couple things from it, so now I'm thinking it might actually be true.

>>66864113

Everyone was discussing and protesting Fantastic 4 too though.
>>
you guys do realize that all this backlash is going to backfire, right?

You're only pushing more attention on to it. Good or bad attention usually promotes ticket sales. People are going to go see it to see how bad it is and it'll be considered a "box office success"
>>
>>66863761
I've never been a fan of remakes to begin with. Sure, I've watched several remakes due to my enjoyment of the original, it just seems lazy. Seemed like there was a point where, instead of a remake every now and then, there were a slew of remakes coming out constantly.
>>
>>66863294
all you'll be doing is getting people to do the opposite.
>>
>>66865522

Cos Fant4stic was a major success then?

Every year has at least one blockbuster that fails miserably.
>>
File: 1457023546775.jpg (176 KB, 1024x711) Image search: [Google]
1457023546775.jpg
176 KB, 1024x711
>>
>>66863294
Nice try, stealth shill.
>>
>>66863294

Yeah because angry manchild boycotts worked so well with Star Wars and We're The Millers.
>>
>>66863294
nice try mr shill. everyone knows boycotts just make people want to see it to be contrarians and moralfags. leave it and it will die on its own
>>
>>66865797
I hope the guy who made this gets fired
>>
>>66863294
They have released the international trailer. I had to use a proxy because I am in the US, and Sony didn't want Americans to see it.

Chris Hemsworth is featured predominantly in it.
>>
>>66863294

not necessary
this pile of shit is so bad it boycotts itself
>>
>>66863294

this is a ghostbuster shill, dont listen to his lies.
>>
>>66866150
>them banning their own trailer means this is actually starting to happen.
>>
>>66863294

Nice try, Sony shill. How long did it take her in MS Paint, you think? How will she spend her $0.25
>>
>>66863294

>Ghostbusters trailers looks like shit
>Most people probably aren't going to watch it anyways
>LETS LE BOYCOTT REDDIT ARMY

Explain to me how the logic works here
>>
>>66865905
>shilling for a movie by pretending to be against the movie and hoping that people dislike you enough to do the opposite of what you say
>>
>>66863294
>#boycottghostbusters
This is dumb. You're boycotting a film you were never planning on seeing in the first place.

If you hate the new Ghostbusters just say you wont see it. You know, like you do with 99% of all films that get released.
>>
>Boycott

It's not a boycott if I wasn't going to see it anyway. Learn what words mean.
>>
>>66865981
>Guy

Nice Bait, anon!
>>
File: 1457171602767.jpg (51 KB, 960x852) Image search: [Google]
1457171602767.jpg
51 KB, 960x852
>>66863294
>>
>>66863294
How can you boycott something you didn't plan to watch in the first place?
>>
>>66863294
>get this trending

not your fucking private army, OP. Perhaps reddit is the place for you?

Don't give a fuck what you thought of the trailer, I for one kinda dig it. Fuck off.
>>
Women are a meme "gender" and I wasn't planning to watch this anyway.

personal army request denied
>>
>>66863294
there's already a #theTriggering hashtag going around now
hop on it and use it to your cause before Anita censors it
>>
>>66863294
Boycott it with your wallet, don't give it free publicity.
>>
>>66866848
Wow, are you implying that guys can't be transwomen ?
Excuse me ?
Fucking triggered ?
>>
>>66863294
>Paul Feig: Why Men Aren't Funny
>Poor men. You hear them at the office, in restaurants, in bars, their brains filled with meaningless facts about sports, cars and electronics as they entertain friends with their endless jokes about genitalia and bathroom activities, not to mention their humorous accusations as to the sexual orientation of their conversation partners.
>They loudly amuse themselves by hurling insults and epithets -- the words "dick," "balls" and "ass" being the etymological anchors of their attacks -- all for the express purpose of making one another laugh.
>They seem to be having such a great time that you'd feel like a monster alerting them to this one unfortunate fact: Men just aren't funny.
>Oh, sure, there are men who truly make us laugh. None come to mind at the moment, but I know history has provided us with a few

source:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paul-feig-why-men-arent-449025
>>
>>66863674
>ALL publicity is good.

Publicist here

This is the kind of shit spouted by idiots who don't understand how publicity works

"All publicity is good publicity" is only good if fucking no-one knows your thing exists

For example, the video game Hatred would not have sold anywhere near as much as it did if there hadn't been super big hissy fits over it on the internet than if the whiney vidya journalists just left it alone
>>
>>66863294
This doesn't need to be an organized effort
>>
>>66863388
This. This type of shit is actually made by butthurt SJWs. Its nothing more than sockpuppetry. Later, they'll claim that /tv/ tried to boycott this movie and failed.
>>
its going to make more than keanu reeves new movie "exposed"
>>
>>66863761
Feug deserves all the hate he gets, this is what happens when you fucking rape peoples childhood into this unfunny femenist abomination.
>>
File: i-know-ny-fake-cosplay.jpg (42 KB, 315x523) Image search: [Google]
i-know-ny-fake-cosplay.jpg
42 KB, 315x523
i know NewYork!
>>
>>66865416
Seriously. Everyone knew a ghostbusters remake would be shit, regardless of who was cast. Man, woman, trans, otherkin, what fucking ever.

If I could find a way to actually steal from sony pictures I would.
>>
>>66865797
I cant tell if its being ironic or not.

But im pretty sure its not.
>>
>>66863294
/tv/ doesn't even pay money to watch movies they LOVE, why the fuck do you think a boycott on something no one wanted is going to work here?

Sage and report.
>>
>>66863294
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
>>
>>66863674
It's ghostbusters everyone already knows about it. Might as well inform everyone so they don't waste money on seeing it.
>>
>>66863294
we dont do that /v/ bullshit here
we know better

They will spin it into a harassment narrative and use it to get more press for the movie.

You fucking retards never learn.
>>
>>66864335
>bad publicity is still publicity.

Bad publicity doesn't put bums in cinema seats.
>>
>>66863294
Done OP
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.