[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody even watching this shit? Damn I hate to the damn good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: vinyl-hbo-series-premiere.jpg (254 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
vinyl-hbo-series-premiere.jpg
254 KB, 1300x867
Anybody even watching this shit?
Damn I hate to the damn good shows go to waste. I'm giving it one more season before it cancelled after the poor ratings.
I personally love it, lotsa cast members from The Sopranos and Boardwalk. I wonder what /tv/ think about the show?
>>
>>66861808
havn't watched it, still pissed that they cancelled boardwalk empire for this shit
>>
>>66861833
I feel you bro. Would've been awesome to see Boardwalk's original ending.
>>
Its gonna get cancelled
Nobody interested in the "classical hbo crime dramas" now
that decade is over
>>
>>66861808
Who got casted from The Sopranos? Don't recognize a single one.
>>66861940
Its not a crime show mate
>>
>>66861940
it already got picked up for a 2nd season
>>
>>66863335
>it already got picked up for a 2nd season

So did Luck and The Brink
>>
>>66861808
http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/hbo-vinyl-premiere-low-ratings.html

Less than 1 million viewers (the actual number is about 750k)
>>
>>66863335
>it already got picked up for a 2nd season

For cable shows, it is often more cost effective to do a 2nd season of a show than to start a brand new show since all the actors, contracts, sets, directors, etc are all ready in place. It really doesnt mean anything since nobody is watching.
>>
Two things I can say are wrong with this show for certain are one: It's got a really gimmicky, shtick feel to it with the cut scenes to actors playing artist singing their own songs. The costumes are fairly over the top. I get it, it's the 70s, it's the music industry but not everyone needs to look like they just walked out of a local thrift store. All the stuff with Andy Warhol and Alice Cooper just feels so "These were people that were around then! So 70s!" It's the same attitude with the coke use. It seems like a weird nit picky thing but it just feels so forced and fake.

Second issue: the focus in on the wrong characters. I can care less about the main guy. Fuck, I can't even remember his name. Devon has a far more interesting story, I don't understand why the show isn't about her.

I only watch this show whenever my room mate puts it on. I'll sit and watch but it's not because it's any good. It's just on. It kills an hour. I wouldn't be sad to see it go.
>>
I thought the first ep was kinda lame tbqh, disappointed in Scorsese
>>
im actually offended that hbo is trying to push this as some kind of prestige drama.
>>
Just something off about it. It's an ok show but didn't have me as invested as Boardwalk Empire.

Maybe it's just because the music industry is not interesting
>>
>>66861808
Does Juno Temple get naked? Otherwise I'm not watching this shit.
>>
>>66864385
Oh yes
>>
I can't get into it, on paper it seems like a interesting drama but in reality it just isn't. The only good parts of the show are when the rock stars show up other than that all the characters and their actions are cliches.
>>
>>66862635
IT'S THE JACKEEEEET
>>
The only good thing in this show is the industry shit. They should have played this show straight like Mad Men, instead we have this boring, shitty, forced murder plot line that fucking drags the show down.
>>
>>66861808
Scorsese forced HBO to spend $100 million dollars on it. The pilot alone was $30 million dollars.

>>66864385
Of course she does.
>>
>>66864461
>Of course she does.
>>66864403
>Oh yes
say no more
>>
>>66864428
This. Also it has those Forrest Gump "look where the main character was during this historical situation" moments
>>
>>66864461
>Scorsese forced HBO to spend $100 million dollars on it.
And yet HBO will not invest in one decent battle scene for GoT. Fucking kikes.
>>
>>66862635
>he doesn't recognize Benny standing front right center in OP pick
>he didn't recognize Richie Aprile
>or Eugene
>or Coco
>or Teddy Spirodakis

you watching with your eyes closed?
>>
>>66861808
Im enjoying it. It's not with its flaws but It will probably be one of those shows that /tv/ marathons instead of watching when it airs.
>>
>>66862635
>its not a crime show mate

are you fucking serious now?
>>
>>66861808

why does it get so many few fucking views?
>>
File: bscap0000.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1077) Image search: [Google]
bscap0000.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1077
>SHE FUCKED MY BROTHER ON MY BIRTHDAY ON MY FFUCKING BED

This guy was fucking hilarious I was sad to see him go in the first episode lol
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.