[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anomalisa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: anomalisa.jpg (104 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
anomalisa.jpg
104 KB, 1401x788
I could of fapped or cried to the sex scene in this, beautiful. Anyone else seen this?
>>
>>66858511
utter shit: the flick
>>
>>66858511
Is there a proper rip of that shit yet?
>>
>>66858511
sex is for women and plebs who choose to please women
>>
File: 1448128347902.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448128347902.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>could of

Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>66858535
google it
>>
>>66858549
*have

after you
>>
How could you have jerked it David thewlis's had the most unsexy accent in this film, might aswell whack it to countryfile
>>
>>66858958
he didnt say much. more the image
>>
File: 999.png (515 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
999.png
515 KB, 720x400
>>66858511
this was a much better film than anomalisa
>>
>>66858511
Is there any point to it being animated other than a gimmick to make it stand out?
>>
>>66858511
You're kidding right? I understood and liked it, but it's got no real purpose beyond highlighting the very niche mental disorder. Once again Tom Noonan steals the show. Also, why did her friend also have a different voice? Odd choice.
>>
>>66859415
>why did her friend also have a different voice?
I don't think you understood the film.

>>66859316
Adds to the surrealism. Plus it helps with all the characters bar the main 2 having the same voice.
>>
>>66859587
What's not to understand? He liked both of them but targeted the weaker one? Great. No big revelation.
>>
>>66859613
It was to do with the voice.... she was an anomaly... Anomalisa
>>
>>66859683
Nigger, I get that, but her friend didn't also have to have a different voice, that nulls the implication.
>>
>>66859727
she didnt have a different voice. she had the same voice.
>>
>>66859727
>Tom Noonan - Everyone else (voice)
>Everyone else (voice)

Nigga Nonnan also did the friend's voice.
>>
a very boomer movie

>complaining about a great paying job where you travel
>feeling alone even though you have a whole house full of loving family
>having the cliched "fuck it all" meltdown, of course after you have made your money in the field.

The love scene was touching but I have a feeling all these lonely, wealthy boomer movies are going to seem real whiney in a few years.
>>
>>66859828
>mental illness will be laughed at in a few years

I hope not.
>>
>>66859977
mental illness is laughed at now
>>
>>66858511
>>66858511
I think Charlie Kaufman should legally change his name to Les O. Quirky.
>>
>>66859977
The "illness" is a metaphor about being depressed and not finding anything new or exciting. He isn't supposed to actually have the disorder.

I stand by my points. Pretty movie, touching. Probably won't hold up and it depicts another spoiled wealthy boomer who lives a great life they won't appreciate.

It is just very hard to sympathize or even understand these types of characters.
>>
Also they really need to tak Charlie Kaufman's puppet's away.

This is now the 2nd movie that revolves around puppets and yet the Puppetmaster reboot hasn't been made yet.
>>
>>66860234
just because you have a decent job doesn't mean you cant suffer from anything. i think it was hard with that character cos he was such a moody cunt.
>>
>>66860277
>just because you have a decent job doesn't mean you cant suffer from anything.

Of course. But remember he literally has a whole house of adoring people awaiting his return with a birthday cake.

This is not a movie that would have been made by a young person. It very much feels like a film made by a 59 year old man.
>>
>>66860341
well Kaufman is getting on
>>
>>66860341
>i can't relate to it therefore no one can

You'll be kaufman's age one day.
>>
>>66860341
A 59 year old man who has next to no personal skills, is unquestionably lonely as fuck, and is doing a job he hates. Beautifully shot to the point that the fact its all dolls doesn't even hinder the film. He struggles to find anyone interesting at all, and even when he does finally find someone he feels at peace with, its gone by the end of the night. Literally destined for loneliness for the rest of his life. It's bleak as hell but he does it in a way that makes it bearable to watch, which is incredible in of itself. It feels like you have the understanding of an 15 year old child, that is the root of the problem.
>>
>>66858522
go watch inside out again and continue fantasizing that life is great and you're no in control of anything kid
>>
>mental illness is laughed at now
laughin about specific group of delusional and mentally ill people will land you in troubl
>Who is Bruce Jenner?
>>
>>66859316
Yes.
>>
I think this is one of the most powerful animated movies ever created, it's absolutely fantastic. It's very kaufman
and yet different. There's a few things i wasn't too fond of like the dream sequence just felt a little messy. and the speech he holds at the end also felt a little unnecesary

But other than that the aesthetics are great, and the hyper realism of it too, they show a lot of really mundane scenes, like when he's doing small talk with the cab driver, when checks into the hotel, and goes grab some ice. The awkward walk back to his room when they are going to hook up, i mean it's puppet sex and all of it just feels so very very realistic it's scary.

The special voice of lisa representing the honeymoon phase is really cool, because it ends up fading away ones he starts contemplating starting a new life with her. When he calls his ex, he says he didn't recognize her voice (the same as everyone else's) meaning he at some point felt the same way for her, or heard her voice the same way as he hears lisa's and the same is also true for his wife.

Lisa's face scar made her stand out to him and one detail i liked, is that his son has a different face to everyone else too, his son's face is the same as his own, which gives him a special connection or a special way to relate with and see his son that he doesn't have with anyone else.

I think a lot of people missed the part with the robotic sex doll at the end that happened to have a different voice (Lisa's) this represents that what his looking for,
a neverending romance or special voice doen't exist.
It's fake, it's a manmade fabrication, like the doll.
In reality the voices, or the magic always fades away
>>
>>66862631
last point was very profound
>>
>>66862631
don't even mind the fact you're a tripfag
nice to see a non shitpost once in a while
>>
>>66861850
harmon don't take it personally, he probably hasn't even seen it
>>
>>66862631
Really great points.
>>
>>66858511
is there a yify alternaitve yet?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.