[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about Godzilla 2014?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1454604702.jpg (49 KB, 1152x480) Image search: [Google]
1454604702.jpg
49 KB, 1152x480
What do you guys think about Godzilla 2014?
>>
>>66854807
Good movie, disappointing that they didn't use more Bryan Cranston though.
>>
>>66854998
yeah, they killed him way too soon
>>
>>66855036
If only it were the son who died...
>>
>>66855049

They completely fucked up the story, it should have ended with Cranston reconnecting with the family he cut himself off of after finally getting closure on his wife's death, hell it should have had him and Serizawa doing back and forth science stuff all the while on the ship but no he falls down and go boom and dies.

"hey your dad made these amazing discoveries"

"....yeah."

".............somebody move the plot along plz"
>>
Good movie almost ruined by the most BORING fucking "hero" ever

But it had great visuals
>>
>main complaint about action scenes in pacific rim is that they are too dark and take place at night
>godzilla 2014 is almost fucking pitch black
>>
>problems
shitty romance subplot
shitty main character
killing cranston 2 minutes in the movie
blue ballin the airport fight

It was still the best godzilla movie desu senpai
>>
>god-tier sound design
>god-tier directing when the monsters where on screen

It was really great but severely held down by the super generic characters. I just couldn't give less shit about any of them.
>>
>>66854807
Godzilla is a cockblocker.
>>
>>66854807
This movie was so fucking boring. Why did they keep cutting away from the action scenes? Why do americans love boring shit like this and Breaking Bad?

Apart from the last 5 minutes, it was sooooo fucking boring
>>
>>66855613
>breaking bad
>boring shit

WW built a fucking automated turret gun in his trunk
>>
>>66855635
when that fucking hack had to sell out and pay his dudes to have the story focus on killing the EVIL BIG BAD NEO NAZIS i was done.

sacrificed the whole series to kiss executive ass. bravo vince.
>>
>>66855663
oh look it's le contrarian opinion
look how different from everyone he is , guys

>EVIL BIG BAD NEO NAZIS i was done.

...you were done at the final episode then ?
>>
>>66855663
>le misunderstood nazis meme

a tip of my trilby, good sir. we can only prevent white genocide through Red-Pillâ„¢ posts such as this one. take an upvote.
>>
>>66855678
>>66855710
You know it's funny because you can tell these posts are either made by shitposters or butthurt leftists.
>>
>>66855835
>butthurt leftists
thank for proving the other guy right
>>
It was actually pretty fun. I liked how Godzilla himself was portrayed and lets be honest, Japanese Godzillas are usually pretty camp.

This was a pretty decent and reserved take by American standards. Casting could've been better and some characters needed more meat to their roles (Cranston and Watanabe specifically) but overall it was a positive I think.

The next movies will have more kaiju and less people, so its a process of refinement. And the Atomic Breath part was handled really fucking well.
>>
>>66855835
Considering "shitposters" is just a low-effort euphemism for "people who post things I don't like", that means nothing.

And yeah, if not being a generic /pol/ shitter makes me a butthurt leftist, so be it. I tend to gravitate towards the right btw.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.