[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Yes, I agree that using your Turn Signal is a good thing,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
>Yes, I agree that using your Turn Signal is a good thing, but it does NOT directly correlate to World Peace.
Hey, Maddox. Do you wanna hear a joke? Why did the chicken cross the road?
>CHICKENS DON'T CROSS ROADS DICKFUCK! Chickens live in farms. They don't even go out on the streets. You're making any fucking sense you libertarian piece of shit! Hey! Is Chicken's another of saying Millenial?

I have a serious question for /tv/. Do you think Maddox is actually full-blown autistic, or is his obnoxious autism just a persona?
>>
He provided me with plenty of laughs, over the years. Everything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>66851318

I thought he was the bee's knees when I was in high school. So what?
>>
i think you're autistic, OP

Clearly he doesnt hold all of these views to heart, its part of his act and jumour style. Exaggeration is part of the act and I'm sure after so long he's running out of things he would actually care about to rant over by now.
>>
>>66851318

he started his whole website to blow off steam while he did his shitty 9-5

it started picking up speed and earned him a reputation so he was able to live comfortable off the web traffic for a while. after that died down he was left with two options, attempt to keep up the charade and try to cater to a younger crowd as he only got older or go back to something conventional and not as fun and that would require him to have a boss. guess which one he chose.

i like maddox in high school it just kinda sucks that its literally still the same shit.
>>
the podcast he's doing is actually a lot better than his website shit. mainly since he's more genuine in those.
>>
>>66851318

he was funnier when it was all just written but i still like him
>>
>>66851318
I think Maddox is a funny guy with a genuine knack for comedy, even if that comedy doesn't always appeal to my tastes.
>>
He's all washed up. He ran out of things to rant about years ago. Now he only writes about non-issues and the problems he brings on the podcast are generic topics that can easily be researched on the internet, with all the interesting opinions coming from Dick.

His early stuff was funny because you could tell it actually pissed him off, and yes, it was autism.
>>
>>66851318
What does this have to do with TV or film?
>>
>>66851441
I wonder how many people think Maddox and Dick are serious when they do stupid shit like this, friends of his say he is really toned down and quite in real life.
>>
i ranted about sexism is video games then he interview this sjw who counter everything he said in the video. instead of standing bu his opinions he just agreed with her. i cant find the clip but i remember it pissed me off to no end
>>
Listened to every single episode of the Biggest Problem....because of Dick Masterson. He's hilarious and such a higher level than Maddox, comedically and intellectually. I usually agree with most of his opinions. Ever since the broken window fallacy episode, Maddox seems to be hung up more on one-upping everyone than actually being funny. If you listen to the older episodes and compare to the ones now, you'll see that he wasn't taking it as serious and it was much more toned-down. You could argue that it's all his persona but I think he reveals much of himself in his act. When you portray a character to such a heavy extent, it eventually becomes hard to separate yourself from the parody. I think that is what has happened in his case.
>>
>>66855032
I agree. I was a dedicated fan the first years he wrote on his website, and bought "The Alphabet of Manliness" that I still read from time to time, and it still gives me a good chuckle.

His recent stuff though...
>>
>>66856840
Other way around. He's a nerd who poured out his frustration on his personal blog. Then his blog took off, so he took improv classes, started showing his face on camera/at conventions and played it off as "haha, I was only pretending you guise". Deep inside tho, he's still an angry, vitriolic nerd. The more comfortable and in his zone he feels, the more this side of him will show up.

Dick on the other hand truly doesn't give a shit and is indeed on a higher level.
>>
>Maddox is still a thing

What year is this?
>>
I can't watch his stuff anymore. The whole gruff, manly pirate persona he played for years came crashing down when he revealed himself to actually be a whiney, nasally voiced balding Armenian with the physique of a faggot with AIDS. This wizard of Oz should have stayed behind the curtain.
>>
File: 1333705958667.png (808 KB, 516x688) Image search: [Google]
1333705958667.png
808 KB, 516x688
you might not want to make a thread announcing you don't know the difference between satire and mental illness. people could easily mistake you for a projecting retard, retard.
>>
>>66858708
He posted pictures of himself on his site decades ago and it's no secret he's a computer nerd

You take the character way too seriously, almost like an autistic of some kind
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.