[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /tv/ think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: revenant-snow-xlarge[1].jpg (97 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
revenant-snow-xlarge[1].jpg
97 KB, 1280x721
what does /tv/ think?
>>
>>66848556
Is added into /tv/s list of classic movies, behind American Psycho, American History X, Fight Club and Fury Road.
>>
/tv/ never thinks
>>
File: tom-hardy-the-revenant[1].jpg (119 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
tom-hardy-the-revenant[1].jpg
119 KB, 600x450
>>66848556
I think we need to get the pelts.
>>
I liked it for a single theatre viewing but other than that it feels like a movie I would keep on in the background as I write erotic fiction, prepare food, or clean my house.
>>
>>66848556
It was okay. That's it.
>>
File: hardy-revenant-21dec15-06.jpg (113 KB, 780x970) Image search: [Google]
hardy-revenant-21dec15-06.jpg
113 KB, 780x970
>>66848987
We need a bigger carry bed.
>>
I thought it LOOKED great
>>
I didn't care for it much at all. It sometimes had a nice aesthetic to it, and I guess Leo is alright, but the dream sequences felt out of place and totally meaningless, a shallow attempt to add some vague thematic depth to the film which was totally unapparent until the end and then it was appalingly shitty.

It's got some nice set pieces but still doesn't feel very gritty or dangerous. Like they tout the production as similar to Aguirre or Fitzcarraldo but the movie just felt too safe and factory produced. Fake art.

also Bane (aka the T Man) sucks in everything except Bronson
>>
>>66848987
Yo can we start pelt posting instead of bane posting now?
>>
>>66849039
the big guy put out a big performance in Locke
>>
>>66849004
> I liked it for a single theatre viewing
Exactly what my friend said after we saw it. Such a masterpiecs but one of those films that you just cannot watch a second time.
>>
Tree niggers
>>
>>66849076
Haven't seen it, actually. I'll check it out. Thanks for the rec

I like Hardy as a person but I have been pretty unsatisfied with much of his work

I also hated Fury Road btw crucify if you will
>>
>>66849039
I wanted some more flashbacks with Leo and his native wife.
Also an extended version of the village massacre would have been good. I prefered seeing Leo in those scenes going from happy guy to losing everything as he kills those Muricans trying to defend the remaining alive natives.
>>
>>66849141
Yeah. I think the flashbacks would not have been nearly as lame if they had actually elaborated more on them. And changed the ending I guess. Maybe not the actual closing shots (if they made more sense with bigger flashbacks) but the absurd "i'll leave revenge to god" shit that came out of nowhere. In what world did Glass have a spiritual journey in this film? especially one with that conclusion

absurd
>>
I really did like it. It was inconsistent, in that sometimes it admitted it was just a revenge story, which there's nothing wrong with, but other times it tried very unnaturally to be artsy, with the floating wife visions, etc, and it's things like that that, to me, are distracting. I enjoyed the acting all around, but Innaritu's ego got in the way.

That aside though, it was a gorgeous movie, never bored me in its long run time, and, when stripped down to the simple story it is, extremely well done. The setting, with always impending Indian attacks, added to the claustrophobia and intensity. I found it surprisingly emotional at parts, too.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.