[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some upcoming star wars movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
So a friend of my wife happens to work for the Lucasfilm Story Group. My wife was kind enough to get me some details on the upcoming list of Star Wars movies at my request, along with some other details that most people don't know. I'm just gonna go ahead and drop the list starting with Rouge One.

>Rouge One: A Star Wars Story - 2016
A team of rebels band together to steal the plans to the Death Star.
I'm sure you already know plenty about this one.

>Star Wars: Episode VIII (unknown title) - 2017
Rey and Luke Skywalker must stop the evil Knights of Ren from infiltrating the First Order and the New Republic and destroying them from the inside out.

>Solo: A Star Wars Story (working title) - 2018
A young Han Solo makes his way through the galaxy learning the ways of the smuggler and introducing himself to a few familiar faces.

>Star Wars: Episode IX (unknown title) - 2019
Unknown description

>Boba Fett Anthology Film (unknown title) - 2020
Boba Fett must compete against some of the baddest bounty hunters in the galaxy to track down a mutually sought-after target.

I have a hunch that this one takes place during Empire when Boba is tasked to find the Falcon, but I have no real evidence of this.

cont...
>>
>Kenobi: A Star Wars Story (working title) - 2021
Following the events of Revenge of the Sith, an aging Obi Wan Kenobi is tasked after protecting the innocent Luke Skywalker, while struggling with the guild and pressure of watching his padawan fall to the darkside.

>Rise of The Old Republic: A Star Wars Story - 2022
The Old Republic era is revisited with some major changes. I will go into more detail about this one in a following post.

>Kenobi Anthology 2 (unknown title) - 2023
(unknown plot)

>Lost Padawan: A Star Wars Story (working title) - 2024
Revenge of the Sith retold from the perspective of Anakin Skywalkers padawan, Ahsoka Tano

>Kenobi Anthology 3 (unknown title) - 2025
(unknown plot)
Most of these are just in the idea phase, so take it with a grain of salt. I'll post the rest of what I know in the next post.
>>
So these are some that aren't exactly even in development, but are ideas that are being thrown around:

>Movie about the training of Jedi to padawans from Obi Wan Kenobi, to Yoda.
So basicaly its a trilogy of movies covering Obi Wan being trained by Qui-Gon, Qui Gon being trained by Dooku, and the final movie of Dooku being trained by Yoda

>More Old Republic movies taking place after the first one

>Rouge One 2, about the many Bothans that died stealing the second Death Star plans

I also know some details such that Disney wants there to be at least one Star Wars trilogy going at a time, even not just the main saga. Such as the Kenobi trilogy or what might follow.

There are plans to "redo" the prequels too, but not in the conventional way you would expect. Instead basically the prequels but from other characters perspective or something similar. Expect episode II and I variants of Lost Padawan.

Thats pretty much all the info I have. Next post will have some more details on the Old Republic movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 800x530
This makes me so pissed. Why the fuck do we need this many? Star Wars has always been my favorite thing, now I feel as if I'll be burnt the fuck out of it after episode 9. I don't want that, but it'll happen. Fuck Disney and fuck Lucasfilm. Why did you have to do this George? It was probably inevitable anyway. Disney gets what they want, and when they do, they'll bleed it dry. I can't say this list is true, maybe you're lying. But fuck man, either way this will happen. I can't wait for progressively shittier films with dumb quips, quips and more quips. This fucking sucks. I can't be the only one who's heart sinks when he sees this?
>>
I did ask for as much info on the Old Republic film as I could. Apparently that specific movie is already pretty far into the writing stage. Disney wanted to work on it alongside the upcoming comics/books so that everything is consistent.

The major changes I am aware of from the Legends version of The Old Republic, regards the lack of an actual Old Republic. The movie is about kingdoms split up on different planets and the kingdoms "Jedi Knights". At one point they have to team up to take on and destroy the kingdom of Sith.

I would ASSUME that the movie ends with the kingdoms to form into the actual Old Republic based on the title. This is probably just set up for the era
>>
>you can't be like pancakes. all exciting at first, but then by the end, you’re fucking sick of ‘em
>>
This is what you faggots get for shitting on Lucas, good job, fucking goys.
>>
File: image.gif (921 KB, 342x239) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
921 KB, 342x239
>a friend of my wife
>>
>>66848125
>>I have a hunch that this one takes place during Empire when Boba is tasked to find the Falcon, but I have no real evidence of this.
A movie adaptation of Tales of the Bounty Hunters would be pretty cool teebeeaych
>>
File: 1457222490373.jpg (29 KB, 547x606) Image search: [Google]
1457222490373.jpg
29 KB, 547x606
>>66848506
hey
hey bro
guess what?
you dont have to watch movies
thats right, you have a choice not to watch things
amazing, huh?
>>
File: 1441683071508.png (91 KB, 409x340) Image search: [Google]
1441683071508.png
91 KB, 409x340
>>66848138
>>Lost Padawan: A Star Wars Story (working title) - 2024
>Revenge of the Sith retold from the perspective of Anakin Skywalkers padawan, Ahsoka Tano
This is how I know it's fake. Only a retarded fanboy would come up with this.
>>
>>66848656
dude you didn't know? all you have to do is ask someone who works at LucasFilm to tell you about the movies and they will. duh. also, there's no way someone that would leak this kind of important info to OP's whore wife could be untrustworthy.
>>
>>66848700
It's hard to ignore them when they come out every year and you never hear the fucking end of it. It's tough to look the other way when you see your favorite franchise slowly get over saturated and sucked dry by the fucking Jews.
>>
>>66848713

>Only a retarded fanboy would come up with this.

Did you not watch TFA?
>>
>no prequel shit
>no Thrawn crap
>no old republic faggotry
>no Clone Wars/Rebels fan fiction filth

Prequelfags BTFO.
EUniggers BTFO.
NuCanonbabbies BTFO.

Stay irrelevant, non OT fans.
>>
>>66848506
although we'll definitely get oversaturated with star wars, and probably wont have consistent quality, many of the movies being described have basically never been touched in the old canon. they were basically off limits. when george dies, well never know the full interpretations.
>>
>>66848875
I just wish they took more time in between films. Maybe the pain of it wouldn't hurt as much.
>>
>>66848125
>a friend of my wife

fucking cuck faggot
>>
>>66848506
Because jewish movie producers are no different to memespouting teenagers. Thirsty as fuck and see no problem murdering the horse before beating it as many times as possible in as short a time as possible with as little creative thought as possible.
>>
Old Republic is the only Movie I'm interested in, the old Republic games were amazing.
>>
>>66848125
>a friend of my wife
That still cracks me up.
>>
>>66849403
The horse was already dead when the prequels came out
>>
>Rogue One 2

>>
>>66849463
this
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 488x488
>>66848580
>tfw "lack of actual old republic"
>tfw Disney will shit all over Kotor and the potential kino-fest that is The Old Republic era
>tfw despite being set ~5000 years before Original Trilogy it will be full of shitty references to it and consumer-laden plot holes
>tfw normies will praise it as the second coming of Christ anyway
>>
>>66850355
Yup, mfw old Republic will never be as good as the games were
>>
>>66850355
I dunno, I like the way the new one sounded. I was never a fan of the video games
>>
>>66849560
A sequel to Rouge One
>>
File: 1457277255890.jpg (115 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1457277255890.jpg
115 KB, 720x960
>mfw that brief description of Episode 8 lines up with one of the "leaks" from here

ohshit
>>
>>66848580
This is literally the most retarded shit i've ever heard of and i'm praying you're making this up :(
>>
i know this is all bullshit, but.

>any film set during the time of 1-6

does anyone actually want to see them fleshing out 1-6? There is no point. How characters start in the films is obviously to set up for their character development and need no backstory.

>obiwan is a hermit who watches over Luke and knew his father, which we go into in depth
>solo is just some smuggler with low morals
>leia is just a princess
>luke is just some dumb kid on a planet who builds stuff
>boba fett is a bounty hunter who isn't as good as people think he is and it is truly a wonder why people even like him so much

we have all we need from this era. Either go before and show Sheev becoming a sith before episode 1 or go into the present and show stories from around 7+. Better yet, lets just abandon all side projects until the fucking main trilogy is done so we can focus on making the last 2 good and not just another OT rehash with more quips.
>>
>>66848125
they're never making an Old Republic movie,
I call fake (duh)
anybody who thinks otherwise is a mouth-breathing idiot.
>>
excuse me, but Kyle Katarn stole the death star plans.
>>
why didn't we get any rogue one trailers yet?
>>
>>66848125
>a friend of my wife
Does this friend have a kid that you're "temporarily" looking after in exchange for this information?
>>
>>66848125
>Star Wars: Episode VIII (unknown title) - 2017
>Rey and Luke Skywalker must stop the evil Knights of Ren from infiltrating the First Order and the New Republic and destroying them from the inside out.
What? The Knights of Ren are ALREADY A PART OF THE FIRST ORDER. They are just the elite unit of the First Order. Like the 501st (Vader's Fist) was of the Empire.

So you are literally saying the Knights of Ren are going to infiltrate their own army and the New Republic (as if the two have anything to do with each other)...the new republic that was pretty much destroyed at the end of the last movie.
>>
>>66848125
>Friend of my wife
Lets drop the obviously fake """LEAK""" and discuss whether or not OP here is getting cucked.
>>
So basically Disney declares the EU uncanonical, takes those EU stories, swaps the main character's race and gender and passes it off as it's own creation?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.