[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what a fucken stupid design for a space ship it literally spins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: shit-design-hack.jpg (397 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
shit-design-hack.jpg
397 KB, 1920x1200
what a fucken stupid design for a space ship
it literally spins around
as if the astronauts wouldn't be dizzy 24/7
if they can build a spaceship that goes interstellar why the fuck can't they build anti gravity
fucken shit design
>>
If they're in space, how do they breath, AH check mate Nolan.
>>
>>66847709
they are in a space ship they have air f00
>>
>>66847674
what gets me is that the "pods" are connected to each other closest to the center. The spinning would force you outwards, i.e. if you were in the pod, you would be forced "down" towards the outside of the spinning construction. So to get from one pod to the next, you would have to climb up to the connection, which is at the "top" of the pods.

Why not just have the connections be at the "bottom" outside of the ring?

I see no reason for this sort of construction.
>>
>>66847817
how fast was it spinning?
>>
>>66847864
fast enough to create 1G for the people inside iirc.
>>
>>66847900
it's still retarded
>>
>>66847674
low quality b8
>>
>>66848012
well that was sort of my point.

I suppose you could argue that the walkway connecting all the pods is on the upper floor, effectively making each pod have a "basement". But then the majority of the equipment etc. would be further from the center, which would require more energy to start/stop spinning and would also put more stress on the structure.

In fact, there is little reason to have gravity at all other than to ensure the astronauts muscles don't whittle away, but you can have different ways of keeping the astronauts fit. Even if you did find it necessary to make sure the astronauts are exposed to 1G so their musculoskeletal function remains intact, why would you have all the fucking equipment in the 1G-creating spinning part of your ship? Why not store everything in the middle?

Basically the design seems retarded and only done for the cool look. Maybe someone with more insight into the design of spacecraft can point out if and where I am erroneous.
>>
The beings made the ship go interstellar by making the wormhole, they didn't build one that can does it on its own.
>>
>>66847674
>if they can build a spaceship that goes interstellar why the fuck can't they build anti gravity

this

besides it would require incredible ammounts of gas to keep it spinning so long
>>
>>66847817
What?? What makes you think they have to go to the bottom of a cell and climb back up to walk around? The whole thing could have a circular platform inside and you only choose to go downstairs or or not.

Holy shit this is such a bad nitpicking attempt.
>>
>>66849104
>gas
this
>>
>>66849104
>>66849204
Sir Issac Newton is trolling in his grave.
>>
>>66849290
>trolling in his grave.
jej
>>
the reason it spins is so when they filmed they didn't have to do crazy shit like suspend people from wires or whatever. it made it easier for the actors to give convincing performances if they can walk around in a normal gravity environment.

also why all the planets have basically normally gravity. though the water planet should have had crushing gravity to not have any features like it does.
>>
>>66848377
> at all other than to ensure the astronauts muscles don't whittle away
Kek. Even when exercising, their BONES become fucking paper. Gravity is necessary if you're going to stay out there for more than a year.
>>
>>66847817
Or it works like a continuous hallway and you just take a ladder down into the pod you want to access.
>>
>>66849104
ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaa

oh my god.
>>
>>66849104
This is why scifi is so shit these days, they don't even have to try.
Why should they even bother. Thank god Clarke and Asimov are dead.
>>
>>66850095
>Asimov
F
>>
>>66847674
its meant to look like a clock face time is central to the plot, its fuckin nolan shits meant to be like pottery
>>
I'm not sure if you are all trollin or just legitimate retards from constant consumption of bad media. Spin generated artificial gravity would be a vastly cheaper and simpler solution than some magic grav/antigravity system. Kind of like having stairs instead of an escalator or elevator installed in every home. Even if you have the tech, it isn't always the best solution
>>
File: 1455941394938.jpg (117 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
1455941394938.jpg
117 KB, 800x568
>>66850177
>like pottery

I think you mean "poetry".
>>
>>66847817
I think you misunderstand how large things like rockets and fuel tanks are. The part of the pods that the people walk around in is just the little bit at the top, it's like one long continuous hallway with rooms off it.
>>
File: file.png (73 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
file.png
73 KB, 534x401
what a fucken stupid design for a planet
it literally spins around
as if the people on it wouldn't be dizzy 24/7
if they can build a planet that goes interstellar why the fuck can't they build anti gravity
fucken shit design
>>
>>66850606
Wow
>>
>>66851662
Why don't we just put rockets on this bitch

Why do we need to ship good and services to Mars when we can rocket our whole shit over there

We can build a goddamn bridge while we're at it
>>
>>66850606
Uhh, I think he meant pottery.
The ship spins just like a pottery wheel, you dolt.
>>
File: my face.jpg (55 KB, 441x585) Image search: [Google]
my face.jpg
55 KB, 441x585
>>66851714
>>66851859
trolled u fookin faggots.

lmao owned so hard its like ur a slave in 1820. go cry about it on facebook (except opps u have no friends nerd)
>>
>>66851943
>I t'was merely pretending to be a retard
>>
File: my face again.jpg (218 KB, 1119x1650) Image search: [Google]
my face again.jpg
218 KB, 1119x1650
>>66851982
[Enlarge my image before reading this post]

ur bawwtism is flaring up again. dont flail 2 hard or ur pasty manbubs might chafe even moer (lmao owned so hard) u shud see a doctor about it except every time u see a male nurse y get an eraction LMAO
>>
Did they ever explain the ship's propulsion? Like was it electric or chemical rocket or something else?
>>
>>66849104
>besides it would require incredible ammounts of gas to keep it spinning so long
not really, intertia will keep it spinning. no air resistance to stop it from spinning. When spaceships get to top speed they turn off their thrusters because intertia will keep them going
>>
>>66847674
>do they get wi-fi up there? do they jerk off on Interstellar over and over thinking "oh shit yeaaah how about love transcends me right nooow"
>>
>>66849374
The crushing gravity is why Doyle is takes so long to get back to the ship and is too tired to climb in straight away. Brand had to be fetched and carried in by CASE.
>>
>>66852125
it was le ebin fusion meme power + solar
(tokamaks)
>>
File: Anakin_podracer.jpg (28 KB, 850x600) Image search: [Google]
Anakin_podracer.jpg
28 KB, 850x600
>>66847674
>I'm 14 and a world renowned armchair physicist
>>
>>66847674
>it literally spins around

it's a good trick though
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.