[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: Man of Mellodrama.jpg (23 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
Man of Mellodrama.jpg
23 KB, 853x353
>>
HALT
>>
>.
>>
DESIST MINE IMPERVIOUS OFFSPRING
>>
DUDE WHY DIDN'T CLARK KENT REVEAL HIMSELF AS SUPERMAN I'M FUCKING RETARDED LOL
>>
>>66846128
WAIT MY INDESTRUCTIBLE PROGENY
>>
>>66846128
>BE STILL, UNBEATABLE OFFSPRING
>>
>>66846128
>.
Why can't reddit do a blank post, bros?
>>
>>66846128
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
>>
>>66846483

DUDE YOU'RE RIGHT TO THINK THAT ALL THE STUPID REDNECKS WHO SAW CLARK DO SUPERMAN SHIT WOULD PROBABLY THEN HOUND THE SHIT OUT OF HIM BUT NOBODY WOULD BELIEVE THOSE DUMBASS REDNECKS ON A NATIONAL LEVEL SO CLARK COULD JUST MOVE TO A DIFFERENT TOWN AND HE WOULDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS LMAO
>>
>>66846128
Good scene desu
>>
>>66846810
DUDE HE DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO MOVE TO A DIFFERENT TOWN HE WANTED A NORMAL LIFE ON HIS FARM LMAO
>>
Couldn't he have flown, oh, I don't know, faster than a speeding bullet, and saved him without anyone seeing what happened?
>>
>>66846904
No, the whole point was if Clark wanted to live like a normal human then he had to accept the shitty hands that life plays you sometimes.
>>
The whole movie was ruined by that truck smashing fan service scene.
>>
>>66846974
you're giving it way too much credit.
>>
>>66847227
God are you retarded. Back to redit
>>
>/tv/ still doesn't understand this scene is completely reasonable

Is this the dumbest board?
>>
>>66846128
how come he looks so big in this scene? is it the cinematography? or is kevin costner just a big guy IRL
>>
>>66847383
ARREST YOUR MOMENT MATCHLESS LAD
>>
STOP INVISIBLE SON
>>
>>66847474
for you
>>
>>66847227

I don't know if I should feel angry or sad that there are people that can't even understand the message Snyder is sending from this scene. jfc stick to mahvel capeshit and bay movies if this is too hard for you
>>
>>66847313
No, you.
>>
CEASE YOUR IMPETUS, INDEFATIGABLE DESCENDANT
>>
HALT INDOMITABLE PROGENY
>>
just please let me die clark
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 640x635
>killing yourself just to keep your son's secret safe for an extra year
>sacrificing yourself just to let a dog out of the car and not having the fucking superhuman guy do it instead
>>
>>66846128
STOP RIGHT THERE UNHARMABLE SONNY-BOY
>>
File: Stop, my invincible Dunadan..jpg (44 KB, 800x453) Image search: [Google]
Stop, my invincible Dunadan..jpg
44 KB, 800x453
>>66846128
>>
>>66848715
amen brother
>>
>>66850140
that filename tho
>>
REFRAIN THY OWN UBERMENSCH KIN
>>
>>66850140
bravo snyder
>>
HALT, WIFES SON
>>
File: 1398222642134.jpg (47 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1398222642134.jpg
47 KB, 330x319
>>66851217
>>
STOP. INDIVISIBLE SON
>>
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
>>
File: ISILDUR.jpg (51 KB, 500x215) Image search: [Google]
ISILDUR.jpg
51 KB, 500x215
>>66846128
NO.
>>
>>66846128
HOLD FAST, IMPERVIOUS SPAWN
>>
Need a link to this scene
>>
>>66846483
Clark could have ran to his dad, saved him, and everyone would have just thought it was a miracle or something. This scene was monumentally stupid and hamfisted, obviously written just to give Clark pathos.

Not to mention just flat out dumb. Some guy just slowly gets eclipsed by a tornado and clouds? Bullshit, that man's a fucking ragdoll
>>
File: 1451303091532.jpg (223 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
1451303091532.jpg
223 KB, 1096x800
>no one has yet posted it
bunch of fresh off the boaters here
>>
>>66854040
I don't know why you would want to watch it but here, let me spoonfeed you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j7lezDWh4M
>>
>>66854065
Was Supe's dad dead in most of the comic and cartoon timelines?
>>
>>66850140
pottery
>>
>>66846128
ITT: idiots, idiots everywhere
>>
>>66854046
Don't forget it's the mothers fault for leaving the dog there
>>
File: 1398493886145.jpg (293 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
1398493886145.jpg
293 KB, 680x798
>>66853904
>>
>>66854187
The elves are such faggots. I couldn't stand them in the books either.
>>
>>66846736
>>66846904
>>66850067
>>66854046

Idiots who either never watched the film or were too busy trying to hate it to understand what happened.

Clark wasn't superman at this point. Moments earlier in the scene he was wearing a baseball cap and arguing with his parents in the car, his style of language noticeably different and immature, because he was in fact a late teenager or early adult in this flashback. He was still quite young and immature. No one knew he was invulnerable, no one knew what he could do. He couldn't fly. He'd never pushed himself or tested himself because he'd spent his entire life hiding what made him different. He was scared of being bullied which he already was as a child, and his dad was scared he'd be taken away to some government lab and experimented on.

Now really, is it so difficult for you people to imagine that a father loves his only son so much that he would give his life to protect him? To stop him being taken away and kept as a lab rat?

I will say again, no one, not even Clark knew he was invulnerable. If anything, Man of Steel shows that he most definitely isn't invulnerable even after he became Superman, let alone when he was a fucking kid. Who knows what a hurricane would have done to him.
>>
>>66854046
Jesus fucking Christ reddit, I literally give up on making you scum leave. You come here and ruin the only fucking place I have in life to let my inhibitions run wild and to truly speak complete honesty throughout my day. You come here and you shit it up with your awful Whedon-esque taste in all media and your dumb fucking liberal neckbeard views on life, inherently ruining the site and killing our culture. You are pleb gentile scumfuck Jew nigger fuck bastards who parade around poorly imitating our precious memes for measly entertainment. Not only do you do all this, but you have the sheer audacity to come and bring your terrible fucking trends with you, as if you were some half retarded indigenous man, stealing precious grain and material from us and offering little shit covered beads and tokens in a well intentioned but ultimately and naively imbalanced trade. Fuck you reddit. Fuck your snarky quirky humor. Fuck your pained constant fitting-in culture. Fuck your hug box. Fuck your echo chamber. Fuck your capeshit. Fuck Joss Whedon. Fuck Carl Sagan. Fuck Rocket League. Fuck Bernie Sanders and most of all fuck you. Get off my board.
>>
File: -CTxZ8.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
-CTxZ8.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>66854075
Keep feeding him. That was cute.
>>
>>66854314
>>66854319
these memes are too long for me to read but i will give you a +1 funny vote anyway, well done sirs!
>>
>>66854314
IT DOESNT. FUCKING. MATTER, YOU TOOL. THAT WAS THE ONE FATHER HE HAD. HE LET HIS FAMILY DIE FOR NO GODDAMN REASON. THIS MOVIE IS SHIT. SNYDER IS SHIT. MOVE ON. endcaps.
>>
>>66854314
>No one knew he was invulnerable, no one knew what he could do. He couldn't fly. He'd never pushed himself or tested himself because he'd spent his entire life hiding what made him different.
Come on anon, you're telling me that if you had the capabilities of superman you wouldn't every try to figure out what you can do and take strolls through the wilderness at 300km/h? You'd never try to figure out what you're able to do?
>>
>>66854314
>Who knows what a hurricane would have done to him.
He would have been completely fucking fine. Sure, maybe he didn't know that, but he'd be fine. There's nothing in the movie to suggest he wouldn't be.
>>
>>66854383
I'd run fast and lift heavy shit yes, but I wouldn't jump into a tornado or let myself get shot on purpose. Why wouldn't you think a hurricane would kill you? I think the biggest factor is that Jonathan taught clark to hide what he can do almost his whole life. They were surrounded by people, his life would have been over

>>66854448
>I have knowledge the character doesn't have, therefore the character should have used my knowledge
What
>>
>>66854314
At the very least, I'm sure Clark was ten times faster than your average human even as a young adult.

>Now really, is it so difficult for you people to imagine that a father loves his only son so much that he would give his life to protect him?
Not at all, the problem is that it was executed so poorly. He wasn't even that far away. And Clark just stood and watched for a good 30 seconds before the tornado even got to his dad. Clark could have easily saved his dad and people would have just thought they were lucky. Pa Kent sacrificing himself for Clark to remain "ordinary" works on paper, but when I watch the scene again it just gets more and more forced and ridiculous.
>>
>>66854551
>Why wouldn't you think a hurricane would kill you?
Because he can run at a mirron km/h and lift heavy things with ease and would be in and out there before the father would be able to lift his arm
>>
>>66854551
>I have knowledge the character doesn't have, therefore the character should have used my knowledge
That's not at all what I said. I even conceded that Clark probably didn't know his own limitations. The original post made an argument that a tornado might have killed Clark. There's zero evidence to support that could've happened.
>>
>>66851217
Is that a play on dances with Wolves cause if it is it's pretty funny
>>
>>66846128
TAKE FIVE OMNIPOTENT STRIPLING
>>
He could literally go catch him, leave him somewhere else and go back to the spot he was, noone would fucking notice, most forced scene in years
>>
>>66846128
>No Clark pls don't snap my neck I'd rather die in a tornader, leave me the fuck alonAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>66854575
We're on the same page. My issue isn't just with Jonathon's and Clark's actions, it's with the screenplay putting them in such a contrived situation in the first place. If they wanted to show Superman being powerless to save his own father in order to drive home the point that he's not a god, there were tons of situations they could have used without even resorting to the heart attack in the field from the original.
>>
>>66846867
DUDE I LOVE MY FARM SO MUCH I KILLED MY DAD FOR IT LOLLERCOASTER
>>
>>66847383
>It's reasonable because I incomprehensibly need to justify this movie's stupidity
This is what brand wars do to your children.
>>
LOOK BOTH WAY BEFORE CROSSING, MIGHTY MAN

CEASEFIRE, SUPREME GENTLEMAN

WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE, GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE

AMAZING ATHLETE, TO YOUR POSITION. FIVE, F <tornado noise>
>>
>>66855562
>noone would fucking notice
People would notice Old Man Kent suddenly exploding in bits and pieces, hit by a really fast blurry object.
>>
>>66854098
He was around for a while but sometimes eventually gets killed by a heart attack to teach Superman he can't save everyone
>>
>>66851217

Fucking underrated
>>
>>66854357
This.
How can you believe it is better that he lives without his father, than his secret is revealed?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.