[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus, what the fuck was this all about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: mary-monreau.png (2 MB, 1159x1068) Image search: [Google]
mary-monreau.png
2 MB, 1159x1068
Jesus, what the fuck was this all about?
>>
>>66845479
A cameo for a washed up and forgotten star.
>>
>>66845479
Tony seeking a mother figure.Shes just a gold digger , its not untill this moment he realises it.

Like with most things he dosent learn his lesson and spins a web of lies in his own mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkmbs-P6iSI
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>66845678
>you smoked around my dad? When he had emphysema?
>he said it was ok
>>
>>66845786
What of it?
>>
>>66845678

I'm surprised he didn't realize it when she bought the heels with his 600 up front.

I just finished the episode and I feel like Tony's coming up on a bridge that he doesn't want to cross regarding his father, how he's basically become him, and how his mother wasn't always the fault du jour.
>>
>>66845479
The burden of history. How the good times are over and you live and work in a power structure that elevates these good times and treats them as holy when they weren't always so good to begin with. Tony continues the lie in the final scene at the Bing because his entire world depends on the myth being true even though he knows it's not. It's actually one of the very best episodes.
>>
>>66845479
This episode was devoted to breaking down the hero image that Tony had constructed of his father.
>>
>>66845877
Its a great episode , Some of my favourite episodes are the ones that take a break from the running story and we get a look into Tonys psyche concerning who he is

Bonus fact:
Steve Buscemi was the director of this episode
>>
>Tony continues the lie in the final scene at the Bing because his entire world depends on the myth being true even though he knows it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkmbs-P6iSI

This scene is crucial. Notice how after he's fed them the story about how his dad fucked the same women who almost broke up the Kennedys, he sits there struggling to believe his own bullshit about his father. The entire episode is about his inability to cope with how the myth he's built up about his dad isn't true and that he was actually an uncaring piece of shit.
>>
>>66846249
I felt bad for his mom in the flashback scenes.His dads lack of compassion is scary
>>
>living in the past and going on an on about the famous men she associated herself with while accomplishing nothing herself
Its a mirror image of Tony. Isn't it in the very first episode he says the best years in America are behind him and he feels like he missed out? This lady is what he became in the end.
>>
>>66846362
>Isn't it in the very first episode he says the best years in America are behind him and he feels like he missed out?

The best times for the mob, and to be fair to him he's completely right.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-00010.png (811 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-00010.png
811 KB, 853x480
>tfw no Johnny boy/Uncle Jnr spin off
>>
File: 1379862954924.jpg (133 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1379862954924.jpg
133 KB, 919x720
>>66845479

>An old woman will never wear a sailor's hat and wish you a happy birthday with tears in her eyes before slowly and awkwardly getting down on her knees and giving you a blowjob

Why even live, family.
>>
>>66846954
This seems like a doable dream
>>
Remember when Skylar sang this in BB and it felt exactly the same as this scene, despite the fact they were going for the complete opposite tone? Good times.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.