[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Han Solo show more of a liking/understanding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: handandfinn.jpg (180 KB, 575x293) Image search: [Google]
handandfinn.jpg
180 KB, 575x293
Why didn't Han Solo show more of a liking/understanding to Finn's character? It seemed like both of them seemed to be running away from an identity of their respective organizations. With Han returning to being a smuggler, and Finn wanting to not kill anymore.

Thoughts /tv/? Would you want this to happen? How would you improve it?
>>
>>66843425
If there's one thing TFA failed at, it was developing meaningful relationships. Even Finn and Rey's seems sort of hamfisted.
>>
File: whyareyouwhisperingbro.jpg (81 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
whyareyouwhisperingbro.jpg
81 KB, 1280x721
>>66843645
Poe and Finn though. Only lasted 15 minutes though.
>>
>>66843699
Their relationship was forced as shit, are you kidding?
>>
>>66843750
Yeah. It was forced. Felt like their friendship has the most potential though. They had an interesting dynamic in terms of that instant trust and respect to each other before and after they crashed.

However, you are right, that it is a weak relationship.
>>
>>66843425
I know Ford wanted out but killing Han Solo was a terrible decision story-wise. I guess we still have comics and books, though... And that stupid anthology movie in the works...
>>
>>66843645
>Even Finn and Rey's seems sort of hamfisted.
Of course it's hamfisted, it's pure propaganda.
>>
>>66843902
Yeah. I feel you anon. However, my original question stands. Did you feel like Han and Finn needed a better relationship due to remotely similar backgrounds, at least in terms of the TFA?
>>
>>66843425
Every moment with Han felt awkward, probably a good thing he didn't interact with Luke because it'd no doubt be disappointing. JJ was especially shit at handling the older characters.
>>
>>66843983
It goes deeper than you think. In the old EU Han actually was an ex-imperial officer who quit after meeting saving Chewbacca and the lives of the other wookiee slaves. I hope the movie keeps that element. If they wouldn't have killed him off him and Finn could have bonded over this, but maybe it's more poetic if they never know just how similar they are.
>>
>>66843425
This story had no character development. I could get invested in anyone.
>>
>>66843902
What anthology movie?
>>
Theres a lot they coulda done but didn't. Han coulda told Rey not to be so cocky for one. And what OP mentioned is a good point.
>>
>>66844339
The Han Solo one. Google it bro
>>
>>66844293
Yeah, the more I talk about the film and speculate, the more I get underwhelmed by its progression of characters and story. At least it had decent effects that weren't too distracting.
>>
>>66844453
I think what this movie succeeded in doing was the feeling of the Star Wars universe. It had the right elements all lined up, it just didn't stir the pot or add any other ingredients.

If it's just an establishing movie to introduce us to the characters and main conflict then it's failed as a standalone movie but at least there's something more.
>>
>>66844664
It's very unfortunate that they couldn't do more. That will mean the next two films will have to be rushed in pacing, again, if they plan on still doing a trilogy. There were early rumors of the ST not being a trilogy, but they died down early, without it being confirmed or denied.
>>
>>66844753
I highly doubt they're not doing a trilogy. Besides >pottery, they clearly haven't vanquished the villains and there isn't nearly enough time to develop Rey and Finn well within one movie while taking out the First Order. Hell, it might be that they'll need six films in order to get to a meaningful conclusion.

It helps that each film will be guaranteed tickets on curiousity alone.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.