[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRASH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
This Darth Maul Star Wars fan film is secretly what all normie plebs wanted The Force Awakens to be. They want their protagonists to wear the tacky Jedi robes, they wanted lightsaber fights that look like the two duelists are dancing, as well as the awkward clunky medieval dialogue that they always utter in the middle of a battle.

Fucking plebs are ruining Star Wars.
>>
TELL ME ABOUT THE ONE ON THE RIGHT

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
it's just like the comment section of the KotOR cinematics
every single cinematic is one long, over the top lightsaber fight:
>wow, this was better than the prequels
>I wish we got these made into a movie instead of episode VII
>wow BioWare should make a star wars movie
everyone has ADD now and the only thing they get out of star wars are EPIC NINJA FLIPS AND LASER SWORD FIGHTS LMAO
>>
>>66844141
this
>>
>>66844141

The fights should use the Force more. Most of the time the most they do is throw a chair at the opponent.
>>
Somebody post a link to this memefest
>>
I've never seen a low-budget fan-made ''''''''''film'''''''''' that wasn't amateurish and cringey as fuck
>>
>>66843556
Because he's a TOTAL BADASS
>>
These fucking fan films always take the worst of the prequels and run with it. There's no reason this had to be littered with spinning choreography and just generally being a spectacle instead of anything worth investing emotions in.
>>
This is complete shit made by some dumbfucks who grew up on the prequels and by some Asian dude who is probably obsessed with movies where Jackie Chan fights off 50 people at once. The only reason it looks okay is because technology has gotten so good.

Fuck George Lucas to hell for getting the idea in people's minds that Jedi were acrobats with laser swords. What the fuck is the point of the force if all you do is push people with it?

Why didn't they all get in a circle and walk slowly towards Darth Maul with their swords pointed forward?

Why couldn't one of them use the Force to launch their lightsaber into Darth Maul when he was distracted and had his back to them?
>>
>Darth Maul takes on 5 jedis

yeah no this shit is retarded
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-09-11-59-10.jpg (1 MB, 1137x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-09-11-59-10.jpg
1 MB, 1137x2560
>>66843053
Look at this pretentious fucking faggot.

You can tell he thinks he's the only one who deserves to be there and the rest are just cramping his style.

He probably recites the Jedi code every goddamn night after he masturbates into a midochlorian thermos.
>>
>>66843053
the fighting wasn't even good no sith would put his back to an enemy so many missed chances when he could have just killed them
>>
>>66846947
The acrobatic shit is what I can't stand the most. I can't imagine anybdy ever thought that was anything but shitty
>>
File: 1450027429538.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1450027429538.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>66843053
i said this in another thread and ill say it here. Ive only seen this one time and here is what i got from it:
>Maul fights two jedi at a time
>the other two keep their distance and awkwardly wave their lightsabers in the air to make it seem like Maul is fighting all four
>see this done in at least 5 shots and its extremely obvious
wat
>Jedi masters
>not knowing how to deflect laser bolts directly back at what look like training drones
>not immediately using the force to make quick work of them
wat
>they have communicators
>not informing the ship immediately that there are sith here
>they decide that even after having 3/5 having their asses handed to them, its still a good idea to engage Maul instead of retreat or even notify the ship.
wat
>the force is blue in a live action
>all they do is petty push each other
wat
>girl who clearly is physically weak and not fit in any capacity is able to outrun this musclebound jimmy
>she runs like she's a Beverly hills bimbo with heels on
>somehow gained 3 minute lead in her 20 second sprint in the woods
>got her ass handed to her when she was fighting along side the other 4 vs Maul
>somehow gets over her crying and keeps up with him in the fight when its her alone vs maul
wat
>any shot that shows full body looks extremely awkward as the speed of of the footage isnt always sped up which shows how stupidly amateur the choreograph is.
>there are shots of the choreograph being messed up and maul actor hesitates.
>this happens at least 3 times

how is this good again?
>>
>>66847049
>that hairline
My wife's padawan liked the video
>>
File: IMG_0512.jpg (860 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0512.jpg
860 KB, 2000x1500
r8 my lightsaber, guys. I got it a couple days ago.
>>
File: jedi girl.jpg (105 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
jedi girl.jpg
105 KB, 700x1000
>tfw no qt Jedi scared of being dismembered by a Sith Lord to snugglz with
>>
>>66847979
>caring about star wars this much
>>
>duelists who can see into the near future and read other fighters movements with the force
>people are surprised when there's a ton of fake outs and spinning
>>
>>66847979
Yeah there were too many Jedi not doing anything. This could have been cut short by removing some. Just keep the Jedi Master and his padawan and maybe the Togruta.
>>
>>66848102
shit/10
Hope you did t pay more than $10 for that embarrassment
>>
i wanna fug the padawan!
>>
File: green lightsaber.jpg (19 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
green lightsaber.jpg
19 KB, 800x532
>>66848102
wut about mine?
>>
>>66848492
;__;
>>
>>66849340
$600.
>>
>>66847979
>somehow gets over her crying and keeps up with him in the fight when its her alone vs maul
She was getting angry over the death of all the others. She was chanelling her rage to the dark side and shit.
That's why Maul was hesitant to kill her at the end I think. He was saw potential in her.
>>
>>66846989
>5 amateur Jedis
>>
File: image.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
image.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>66849501
I hope you're joking
>>
>>66849638
Nope. It's the genuine article, an actual 1930s Graflex camera flash handle. shits aint cheap.
>>
>>66845524
This.
The difference between a master jedi and a beginner is the mastery of the force.
Like when Yoda was fighting Sheev in 3, the entirety of the lightsabre combat was pretty rubbish, but when they put them away and started manipulating force against each other, It finally got interesting.
Shame that it ended 2 minutes afterwards though.
>>
>>66843053
Honestly I'm more interested in cool star wars fights.
I want a dynamic action star wars movie, not a fucking family drama!!
This is why I liked episode III the most.
Sorry but not everyone is in love with your fucking ugly sword fights in episode IV and shitty family drama...
I like the star wars universe but I hate drama bullshit.
>>
>>66843053
The makeup and CGI is pretty good. But it's really wasted effort. They should have spent their budget and talent on something original.
>>
>>66849698
HOLY SHIT. I always wondered why Luke's lightsaber had a port for charging.
>>
>>66849978
Yeah, it's funny, it's got a bunch of sockets and buttons on it that they've since made up reasons for being there. But really it was all just because the prop department felt like using a camera flash.
>>
>>66848102
>>66849501
I think you got fucked from looking at your picture
Google Graflex variations. I think you paid $600 for a replica.
>>
>>66847049
Thought that was PewDiePie when I first saw him
>>
Holy shit this was so fucking bad it made me depressed. Every fucking faggot actor in their was laughably bad jesus christ
>>
>>66850153
I did way more googling than you just did before I plunked down $600.
>>
File: force awaknes.jpg (91 KB, 632x244) Image search: [Google]
force awaknes.jpg
91 KB, 632x244
It only got good at the end when Maul and the girl had their stand-off.

>The Maul feeling compassion angle was interesting... but he had plot armor

But yeah... the folks saying this was better than TFA are the chronic masturbators that wanted Luke Skywalker to be Kylo Ren
>>
>>66843053
Every single Star Wars fan film is cringe as fuck. Star Wars fans are the worst kind of cancer.
>>
>>66843053
>OT
>The only force users are a half bot, an old man and a kid with weeks of practice
>Fights are "slower", every movement has to be meditated

>PT
>Both Jedis and Sith are at the summit of their powers
>They can afford to go full wuxia

What is so hard to understand?
>>
>>66850879
>not seen a furry or brony cringe compilation
>>
>>66851168
This.
People call the fights in the prequels shit, but they sure as shit make sense, and they're more exciting because you get to see them in their prime.

I hope we get to see Luke do some really cool shit in 8 and 9, because he's not that old, and he's been practicing his shit for 30 years.
>>
>>66851168
How very convenient.
>>
The fights would be better if they actually use the Force and not just lightsabers. For example, that Sheev fight in III would've been better if he was using Force Lightning during the fight and not just as a last resort.
>>
>>66843053
bullshit, no one wants more prequel related garbage.
>>
>>66847979

It was good for a fan film.

>>66849517
I thought that too. You could see him thinking "should I just take her as my apprentice and try to kill Sidious?".
>>
>>66844141
Fuck you maybe we want good choreography and the realistic fight scenes that would happen with multiple force users, the only reason the choreography was crap in the ot was because it was limited technically. the prequels were held back by lucas's "vision" KOTOR did it right but even then was held back by the limitations of a videogame made awhile back.

The EA Cutscenes had more intensity than the whole of force awakens and the prequels combined..
>>
>>66851612
>The Clone Wars cartoon made it to 2015
>Rebels is on season 2 and just about to get interesting
>>
>>66849698
>Nope. It's the genuine article, an actual 1930s Graflex camera flash handle. shits aint cheap.
Show us the full thing and prove it's not a Lightsaber.
>>
>>66843053
Watching this was a waste of my precious Australian bandwidth. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly makes fight choreography bad, but bad fight choreography is painfully noticeable.
>>
>>66844141
>everyone has ADD now and the only thing they get out of star wars are EPIC NINJA FLIPS AND LASER SWORD FIGHTS LMAO

What else is there to get out of Star Wars ? i'm not even a lightsaberfag, i find those fights dull and their choreography fucking retarded though episode 7 was somewhat of an improvement, i'm just wondering what YOU get out of Star Wars.
>>
This was better than when Sheev fought all those jedi.
>>
I wanted to see our heroes from the original trilogy struggling with old age. Societies across the developed world are increasingly full of old people and they desperately need catharsis.
>>
lmao, they are deflecting the blaster shots like they are trying to hit a baseball.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.