[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didnt it live up to the hype? what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: images (7).jpg (133 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
133 KB, 720x1080
Why didnt it live up to the hype? what went wrong?
>>
>>66839374
Having two Tony Starks was too much.
>>
File: image.jpg (381 KB, 1280x771) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381 KB, 1280x771
>>66839374
>>
Poor focus. Too much going on and not nearly enough character development. Ultron gets set up to be the villain in a 3 minute sequence of cgi. This kind of poor set up is only rivaled by Electro's reasoning to be the bad guy in Amazing Spiderman 2.
>>
>Hulk/Widow romance out of nowhere and out of place.
>muh Hawkeye family man took like 20 minutes
>Everything single thing about Ultron from design to motivation
>Quips, quips, quips, quips.
>>
The trailer showed a more serious tone whereas the actual movie was a fucking sitcom with Bazinga-tier jokes.
>>
>>66839506
>muh Hawkeye family man took like 20 minutes
This was retarded.
>Let's the develop the most lame character even though nobody gives a shit about him
>>
>Tried to cram way too much shit into one movie
>Tried to cram way too much shit into every single shot
>Movie was long enough for people to lose their excitement and realize this shit is pretty boring before even leaving the theater
>>
People really exaggerate how comedic the movie was. Yeah, it had too many jokes, but I was expecting a gag-a-minute scenario the way you guys were describing it.
>>
Because it was a rushed sequel which shoehorned in character development that made no sense, had an uninteresting central conflict, and despite everything it's all Tony Stark's fault.

Entire movie wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been stupid in the first place, so overall the movie feels pointless like the filler it is.
>>
>>66839579
I really hope the Russos aren't full of shit. They're on record saying the Civil War is darker and more serious with Spider-Man and Ant-Man being the only quipster to lighten it up at parts. That makes sense, but if it turns out to be a quipfest like AoU I'm going to be extremely fanny flustered.
>>
>>66839416
That Anita Sarkeesian panel gets me every time
>>
>>66839374
>what went wrong?
Joss Whedon + Exec meddling
>>
some of the worst editing and character "development" ive ever seen. too many jokes, i think the success of guardians encouraged the studio (and whedon, who is susceptible to this kind of shit) too make it more quippy and "lighthearted", and all it did was noticeably diminish the stakes and especially ultron as a character and a threat.

there are good elements, but they're badly outnumbered and most of them are questionably executed anyway.

in case you can't tell, i HATED this movie.
>>
Nobody gives a shit about whether Black Widow's womb is fertile.
>>
>>66839629
Is it not?
>>
>>66839374
It was a lot better than Avengers 1 and every other phase 2 MCU film except GOTG.
>>
>>66839617
>"pretending we need this guy really keeps the team together"

One of the first lines of the whole movie. They used him as a joke, developed him because he was a joke, and completely failed to make him a worthwhile character. Astounding.
>>
>>66839374
>a slightly better sequel to a simplistic action movie
>but the first one had so much hype that literally nothing could live up to it
What did you expect? Same thing will happen with SW 8 and Avatar 2, it's hard to care as much the second time when the first time's success was so fueled by the "so new never been done before XD" kind of hype.
>>
>>66839816
Eh, Winter Soldier is still my favorite. But yeah, AoU was better than most other Marvel flicks, it just didn't have the same kind of hype blindness.
>>
>>66839816
Only if you ignore that the entire movie was pointless. Literally nothing changed except the destruction of Sokovia, so that they could create the conflict for Civil War.

It all boiled down to: Stark creates Ultron, Avengers defeat Ultron as exposition for Civil War.

That being said, Civil War looks promising at least.
>>
>>66839816
It's literally the same movie as Avengers 1. Right down to the robot army climax and witty, lolsorandom villain. And there's no way this repetitive piece of shit was better than Winter Soldier.
>>
The whole final battle was so, so boring. Zero suspense. Why were the Ultron robots so non-threatening? It felt like watching somebody play a videogame on easy mode. The alien invasion of New York was also a drag at parts but it was a masterpiece compared to the end of Age of Ultron.
>>
>>66840422
I agree in a sense. Ultron's drones were extremely disposable whereas the Chitauri posed an actual challenge of the Avengers.
>>
Well for one the "age of ultron" lasted 5min
>>
>>66839629
that's exactly what it is you stupid retard
>>
>>66840422
Should have been special Ultron bots, lieutenants etc, who are harder to beat.

Could have been cool if he had loads of different bot types.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.