[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Kid said/did something wrong >Parents: "Go to your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: normies.gif (1 MB, 324x277) Image search: [Google]
normies.gif
1 MB, 324x277
>Kid said/did something wrong
>Parents: "Go to your room!"

Why is this so common in american movies and shows? How going to your room can be a punishment? Sounds like a reward for me
>>
>>66836866
It used to be punishment when all of the things that were fun were outside.
>>
>>66836866
because it is implied that you don't get to play with toys either. you literally have to go sit in your room and do nothing.

kids don't have time outs in whatever 3rd world country you are from?
>>
it's from a bygone era where kids didn't have internet and had no outlet to fun or communication with friends if they were grounded.
>>
When I do something wrong dad hits me with the belt
>>
>>66836942
What? So parents are sitting there with kids or what?
>>
It's not really a punishment. Think of it as being 'banished' - it's your parents literally saying "Go crawl back to your little hole, because we don't want to see you at all, that's how mad we are."
>>
Sometimes they would do it so that the kid did not get to eat dinner. That was the punishment.
>>
>>66837013
no. It's a stone-throw away from being solitary confinement.
>>
>>66836866
it's enough that the kid understands it's being punished and gets to think about what it did. obviously tv and video games made this less effective but it still works. in the end all a child wants is the perents approval.
>>
back before kids carried around smartphones or had tvs in their room.
>>
>go to your room
>implying my NES wasn't in my rom
It only sucked when my mom took my controllers as punishment
>>
>>66837175
So that's why my sister only fucks guys that look like my dad
>>
This is a Daniel Tosh bit.
>>
It's a leftover from a time kids played outside.

A time where the internet didn't exist.
>>
I tell my kids to come to my room ;)
>>
NEW NO-NO
>>
>>66837538
For years I watched US tv shows wondering what the hell grounding even was. I thought it was some sort of labour american kids had to do and hated so that's why they always tried to leave the house.

I didn't know it was actually just not being allowed to leave the house.
>>
>>66837880
Same. I thought it had something to do with digging holes in the yard or something.
>>
>>66837880
>>66838084
what's a common punishment for children in your country?
>>
I'm a mexifag and I've always been a shut-in so my mom use to hit me with a shoe when I did something wrong.

like not putting my shoes on.
>>
>>66836866
It was highly effective in the 1980s. Not so much anymore since they'll just go skype some guys and do cam shows all day for online access to other shit and for games on steam.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.