[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /tv/ thoughts about The Fly movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
What is /tv/ thoughts about The Fly movie?
>>
Well, it's fucking great, for starters. Goldblum will always be a favorite.
>>
I saw it as a child and it scarred me

Body horror has always bothered me since then

When I was in high school on vacation in Florida, my family and I ate at the Orlando ( I think) Planet Hollywood

I honestly had to ask for a different table because the one we were seated at had a big Brundlefly statue right next to it. So you could say I was afraid, very afraid.
>>
File: TFY_10.jpg (124 KB, 1914x985) Image search: [Google]
TFY_10.jpg
124 KB, 1914x985
>>66833188
GOAT special effects.
>>
One of my favorite scifi movies.
When I went to see it at the movies with my friends a girl was throwing up outside when we were leaving. Really added to the disturbing tone of the experience.
>>
>>66833330

This stuff looks just as fake as bad CGI does. You neckbeards are seriously fucking delusional.
>>
>>66833413
I think I know what you're looking for

have a (You), my friend. Hope your Tuesday was as productive and cheery as mine. If not, there's still time!
>>
>>66833188
Excellent film. Subtly
>>
>>66833413
You're absolutely correct. It's a shame people are so delusional on nostalgia. Even older people will tell you how great CGI is compared to the effects they grew up with in the 50's and 60's.
>>
>>66835079

Tell me about it. My great-great-grandfather told me how CGI blows 1910's effects out of the water.
>>
A classic.

Rightfully earns its place as one of the greatest sci fi movies ever made.

My one minor complaint is that it ends on such a complete downer. Goldblum gets his head blown off then cut to credits.
It works but i could have done with an added two minute epilogue. And no, not the one they originally planned but something else would have made what i believe is a 9.5 into a perfect 10.
>>
>>66835409
My great-grandfather told me "Fritz Lang ain't got shit on Quentin Tarantino!"
>>
>>66835409
Have you never spoken with someone in their 80's, 70's or 60's? Technology has made a huge leap since Lost In Space aired.
>>
Masterpiece.
>>
>>66833277
that hand-puke scene at the end skeeved me out as a kid, almost made me throw up
>>
>>66833188
My mom saw it when I was a kid. I wanted to see it but avoided most of it. I only saw the last scene when the fly put the barrel onto his head.

I felt so sorry for him
>>
>>66835633
what did they have planned and what would you have done
>>
Fucked up deleted scene from The Fly where he fuses a baboon and a cat together in the telepods, then fly shit starts growing out of him

https://youtu.be/QizX5msl-G0
>>
File: 1405290542105.jpg (569 KB, 1952x2647) Image search: [Google]
1405290542105.jpg
569 KB, 1952x2647
>>66833465
>>66835704
>muh practical effects
>>
I dind't think it was the least bit funny to have Jeff Goldblum morph into Edward James Olmos
>>
>>66835079
>>66833413
probably the worst effects shot in the film
>>
File: Catdog.png (18 KB, 785x392) Image search: [Google]
Catdog.png
18 KB, 785x392
>>66837452
I had read about that scene but never seen it until now. Thanks, anon!
>>
File: B293_KekLake_700.jpg (29 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
B293_KekLake_700.jpg
29 KB, 700x500
>>66837606
>>
>>66837452
good that it was removed talk about a shitty scene that adds nothing
>>
Probably one of the best remakes of all time.

Top-tier body horror Cronenberg, right up there with Videodrome and Naked Lunch.
>>
>>66835079
>>66835409

this is why I think you gotta give CGI some leeway. the best practical effects we saw in the 80's had 80+ years of history and development behind them. A lot of the earliest films were just demonstrations for practical effects. CGI has really only been used in movies for about 35 years.
>>
>>66833188
I wanted to see the Fly fight a velociraptor in Jurassic Park when I was 10.
>>
>>66837452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svsbhHBprTI

Butterfly Baby ending

Thank fuck we didn't get this.
>>
>>66838286
fuck, that would have made it so cheap.
>>
A good reminder that deleted scenes don't always make the movie better
>>
Is the sequel any good, tho?
>>
>>66839747

It's worth watching, but nowhere near as good as the first.
>>
>Insect politics
damn that scene hurt
>>
>>66838081
> one of the best remakes of all time

I treat Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Fly, and The Thing as a trilogy of the greatest remakes of all time.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.