[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So District 9 being any good was just a fluke, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9
File: shit.jpg (51 KB, 770x513) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
51 KB, 770x513
So District 9 being any good was just a fluke, right?
>>
Yes.
>>
Best thing about D9 and Elysium were Sharlto's accent
>>
>>66829843
It's great. Only Elysium is a bit daft but I still liked it.
>>
Chappie was alright. Way better than Elysium.
>>
>>66829843
What are you talking about it was complete drively shite...
>>
District 9 and Chappie were both pretty good. Never saw Elysium.
>>
>>66829843
I thought even District 9 was pretty average to be tbqh senpai
>>
File: happy feels.jpg (20 KB, 333x255) Image search: [Google]
happy feels.jpg
20 KB, 333x255
>tfw I thought District 9 was shit while I was in theaters
>tfw I reflected on it for weeks and still thought it was shit
>tfw I watched it again when it came out on Blu Ray and still thought it was absolute dogshit
>tfw years later I still think it's shit
>mfw still people on /tv/ claim it's a good movie when it's fucking trash

I will never understand you """""""""people""""""""
>>
File: 1456315720548.png (42 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1456315720548.png
42 KB, 500x322
Chappie is un chef-d'Ĺ“uvre, you absolute pleb.

Elysium is also very good, but not as good as Chappie or District 9.

And that's not an opinion, but fact.
>>
D9 is quite shit too, its just that Copley was a cool novelty actor.
>>
>>66829940
dumb frogposter
>>
>>66829940
>>66829949
DUMB
>>
D9 was fine. Chappie was disappointingly mediocre, but I guess I should have expected that from Die Antwoord: The Movie.
>>
Never saw Chappie but Elysium was good. Wasn't much to it, but it was good for some cheap entertainment.
>>
Elysium was good except for the overly happy ending (should have had people killing each other for medical beds)
Matt Damon was fine but miscast (he's too likable for the role)

Both these issues are probably from studio interference

Chappie was okay , could have used more story (literally no reason for the hugh jack man character except he was kind of funny)
>>
>people actually wanted this hack to direct an Alien movie
>>
>>66829940
no, it was garbage, but the people who don't like it aren't as vocal as the small collective of fans it has because "it's different"
>>
File: 1331562770047.jpg (35 KB, 460x350) Image search: [Google]
1331562770047.jpg
35 KB, 460x350
>>66829843
Elysium is a great tragedy about how the poor will bring about the end of man spearheaded by whiteboy do-gooders who think they are on the right side of history
>>
>>66829940
I didn't get the point of the film. Something alluding to immigration but then it goes full retard and becomes an alien war or something at the end.

The pseudo-narrator documentary shit was horrendous, him having sex with a can of tuna or whatever was fucking stupid, shit movie overall with maybe 5 minutes of cool effects.

Transformers lite.
>>
>>66830091
Elysium is about the last white man on the planet who is still a fucking cuck despite all the shit going on around him.
>>
>>66830091
You're giving too much credit. Elysium is so bluepilled it only looks like satire.

>"The movie's meant to be an allegory. The material inequality that pervades our world today is an outrage."
>>
>>66829843
At this point, yes.
>>
hated D9, enjoyed Elysium and Chappie

Kruger was a neat antagonist
>>
>>66830091
Actually the movie is about some aussie shitposter chasing Matt Damon.
>>
>>66829876
kek

tbf, the guy is ewntertaining to watch
>>
>>66829940
i bet yuou LOOOOOOOVE interstellar, dont you kermit?
>>
>>66830114
>>66830114
>I didn't get the point of the film

humm none? u sure youre not expecting too much of films? without pretentiously claiming any 'objective' qualities, i enojyed d9 thoroughly, its a cool thriller with scifi as background

i went to watch it without having seen trailer or reviews, as i usually do.

ur comparison to FX shakycam adolescent forgetable trash that are the (half dozen?) Transformers films is exagerated.
>>
I enjoyed Chappie until the last part of it. Kruger and the scifi weapons were the best part of Elysium. District 9 is God-tier.
>>
district 9 was shit

DUDE HUMANS ARE INHERENTLY XENOPHOBIC LMAO

Fuck off with your hamfisted social commentary.
>>
thats chappie
>>
>>66829843
Chappie is criminally underrated. Everyone just wants easily digestible average shit like Star Wars and Avatar, though.
>>
>>66831053
>soundtrack: that song where Yolandi sings about getting fucked up the ass by a nigger the day he got out of jail
>>
>>66831053
the in-movie advertising bothered the shit out of me

Jurassic World was subtle and subdued compared next to it
>>
>>66829843
District 9 was shit.
>Oh look! Aliens hav traveled thousands of lightyears and come to our planet
>let's treat them like Slaves and put them into camps for no reason other than to furfill a shitty historical racism metaphor!
>>
>>66831053
you're gonna have to explain your position m8. Chappie was fucking trash but I'm open to hearing your defense
>>
>>66831053
Chappie was just the same level of trash as Avengers and Jurrasic World and as "Subtle" as the Star Wars prequels.
It was a shitty blockbuster movie that even Normies didn't love. Like John Carter.
>>
I don't think I'll ever watch Chappie. Not with that shitty band of South Africa in it.
>>
>>66831641
>for no reason

Confirmed too stupid for summer blockbusters
>>
Chappie would have been better if it wasn't for Die Antwoord.
>>
>>66831641
>>let's treat them like Slaves and put them into camps for no reason
That sounds like something we would do though
>>
>>66832152
There wouldn't be a Chappie if it wasn't for Die Antwoord
>>
>>66831291
hearing her make those noises live was quite the experience
>>
>>66832152
She was passable, but he was a dunce. I actually laughed till it hurt when he tried to teach chappie how to be "cool"

I didn't even know if it was supposed to be ironic that probably the least coolest person I have ever seen was doing this.
>>
>>66832230
No like that.
If aliens came to earth, The governments of the earth (mostly U.S) would seize control of them am keep them secret. Put them in secret military bases. Try to make peaceful negotiations while getting tech. Like MiB.
They wouldn't put chains on the aliens and put them to work in the fields and say "Pick our Cotten, boy!"
It's incredibly unrealistic and stupid and done for a shitty metaphor that is so unsubtle that I'm surprised Nolan or Whedon didn't write this.
>>
>>66829843
pretty much, but he was director & writer, probably with the new Alien he will do a decent job if he's not allow to touch the script
>>
Fucking shit. District 9 reminds me of what the Halo movie could have been. Chappie is the same.
>>
Chappie is the pinnacle of human accomplishment
>>
Chappie would have been amazing if it was a comedy about die antwoord finding a robot
>>
File: prawn.jpg (117 KB, 900x637) Image search: [Google]
prawn.jpg
117 KB, 900x637
>>66829940
At the beginning Wikus is having a laugh burning the prawns' babies.

At the end he sacrifices himself to get one of those prawns, and the prawn's son, back to their ship. That's an amazing change, one brought about not by his impending physical transformation, but by what he's experienced, what he sees in Christopher Johnson.

Plus it has some fantastic weapon effects. Also there's humor. And none of it feels fake.

Why wouldn't you like it?
>>
I feel like Chappie could have been a good film if it wasn't ruined by those south african wigger shitheads. In what universe would you root for those human wastes of space? They murderkill people for a living, for fucks sake.
>>
>>66829940
I really liked it for like 45 minutes, but it just turns into fucking garbage like right after he gets the arm

Such wasted potential
>>
>>66836036
>I feel like Chappie could have been a good film if it wasn't ruined by those south african wigger shitheads.
that's the point of adding them there you retard. There's some heavy jesus-humans analogues in that movie and wigger prime is a stand in for satan. He was literally the reason why chappie began questioning his maker (poo in loo)
>>
>>66829843
I actually enjoyed both Chappie and Elysium. Yes they were a mess, but they were messes that genuinely tried to be great; original stories that reached for the stars and fell, but that's far more admirable than shit like The Avengers or Jurassic World.
>>
>>66830091
This. Elysium was the last bastion were humanity thrived. When it accepted all those poor people it turned just as shitty as Earth while not even helping Earth. Sure Earth got a few miracle machines, but the wars that will be fought over those will be horrible.
>>
>>66831641
More like
>aliens travel the galaxy/universe
>don't immediately irradiate/poison the planet for themselves
Also was it explained how space petrol turned a human into an ayylmao
>>
>>66829940
what the fuck is even this post, from what kind of bullshit country are you from
>>
>>66837189
t. South Africa
>>
I liked chappie but fuck the movie couldve been way better without die antwoord. Atleast without Ninja
>>
>>66829843
Definitely. Blokamp is the biggest hack ever. i'm so mad he gets to direct an Alien film.
>>
>>66837366
>Atleast without Ninja
Agreed. Yolandi was weird, but she worked in a bizarre way, Ninja was just annoying.
>>
>>66830023
Agreed
>>
chappie went from cool, deep, 2deep, to creepy
>we're both blacksheeps now mommy
yeah nah
>>
>>66837366
i would not have watched chappie if die antwoord weren't in it.
>>
>>66829843

d9 was alright

barely could sit throught elysium, what a piece of shit
>>
>that Mecha scene in District 9

Never fuckin been so surprised and joygasming ever in a movie.
>>
>>66837169
They were repair nanomachines.

CJ wanted to inject them into a computer core to restart it

When Wikus was exposed to them all they could think was "holy fuck this prawn is hurt BAD better rebuild him from scratch"
>>
File: 1457405004854.jpg (37 KB, 500x652) Image search: [Google]
1457405004854.jpg
37 KB, 500x652
>>66829843

My god Chappie was a gigantic pile of shit
>>
The only good thing about Elysium was the action.
>>
>>66829843
I really liked Chappie more for how he portrayed a Robotics industry in such a plausible manner (well, that was until the end with all the consciousness uploading.
>>
>>66829940
yeah its not that good
>>
>>66840956
keeping that contrarian movement alive and well, I see.
>>
>>66832461
not when they literally land in the middle of the fucking giant city like Jo burg how would you hide that retard?
>>
>>66829843
i'm the director's career is dead
he's always been a hack and it took people a long time to realize this
>>
>>66829940

>happy feels after wasting so much time on a movie you weren't able to appreciate

what is this logic?
>>
>>66832362
it was supposed to be zef, dwankie
>>
>>66829940
frum dogposter
>>
>>66829940
I will never understand you """"""plebs""""""""
>>
I still can't believe how bad Elysium was. I was really supposed to root for the murderous criminals and be happy they made it to Elysium at the end?
>>
>>66829883
Elysium is fine.

Chappie was a mess though.
>>
>>66830023
They kind of allude to him being religious and hating AI, but it just isn't clear.

He was ex military too, there's so much they could have done with his character like
>extremely religious: sees AI as blasphemy
>ex military: seen the horrors AI/malfunctioning robots (though this takes away from chappie being the first) and doesn't want a repeat
>just doesn't trust AI, only wants humans in enforcing the law
Basically, he shouldn't have been pushing the moose model (because local police don't need a walking tank), but the human controlled aspect of it. Just say that the massive size of the moose is necessary to host the brain controlling equipment.

Remove die antwaard and tighten up Jackmans motives and you have a great movie on your hands
>>
>>66830348
He's south african

The Aussie shitposter was chappie
>>
Wait people actually didn't like Elysium? It's his best film.
>>
Neil is a fucking hack, god, I get it, you like die antwood or whatever it's called a lot, but actually make them the fucking protagonists of your movie about AI? Jesus, I love Daft Punk, but I wouldn't shoehorned they in like that.

Neil just made Chappie to hang out with his favorite band
>>
>>66843459
i thought his motivation was pretty clearly stated... it was a combination of your third suggestion and his own career ambitions.

if AI took over as the primary police force, his giant mega destroyer robot wouldn't get any funding and he loses his big ticket at advancement.
>>
>>66838250
If you haven't seen chappie, watch the final battle when jackman finally gets to use the MOOSE
>>
>>66829843
I liked both of those movies you don't like.
>>
>>66829843
Even district 9 wasn't good. Rewatch it
>>
>>66843568
But like I said, it would have been better if he had been more about pushing his helmet, even to be used with the "scout" model (chappies robot type).

Trying to sell a walking, flying tank to catch low life's is completely idiotic. If it had been more about the helmet (the police not being interested due to not wanting to pay staff to use them when the AI worked), then it would have been a bit tighter motive wise.
>>
>>66829843
I liked Chappie, Elysium was boring shit
>>
>>66832461
that's cool, but if aliens landed in fucking Johannesburg in the 80's, how exactly would you hide it, and how exactly would the South African Apartheid government deal with it?
>>
>>66831291
Isn't she married to Ninja? And she sings about niggers fucking her?
>>
File: 676x380.jpg (30 KB, 676x380) Image search: [Google]
676x380.jpg
30 KB, 676x380
>>66844406
Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nrF5aXPlQ

Watch it, or if you're going completely deaf from her screeching, just watch the last 20 seconds.
>>
>>66843748
>Trying to sell a walking, flying tank to catch low life's is completely idiotic

that was the point and why they didn't want to pick it up, however it was quite obvious that jackman was a little bit deranged and couldn't see the reasoning behind ripley's decision.
>>
>>66844653
urgh she's perfect. ninja is a lucky man.
>>
>>66844760
I guess that's my point, I would have like what he was selling to be a little less idiotic. Have him trying to sell the helmet to the police, and the moose something that's actually is being sold successfully to the military (because there's no way they would green light making even one of those if it was just for the police).

If you change his whole motivation to hating chappie and the scout to being anti AI, rather than selling his tank, you can really explore that theme better rather than him just being a token villain because the movie needs one.
>>
>>66844820
>perfect

If you're into trashy, ghetto 12 year olds then sure.
>>
>>66844820
+ her abs

- her hair
- her face
- her voice
- the fact that she brags about niggers sodomizing her
>>
>>66832461
>They wouldn't put chains on the aliens and put them to work in the fields and say "Pick our Cotten, boy!"
They didn't do that at all.

Did you even watch the movie? The space ship just hovered over Johannesburg for months (or some shit, can't remember how long) until humans went aboard and found the aliens. The humans didn't know what the fuck to do with the aliens so just put them in camps. They weren't slaves or working.

How the fuck are you going to hide the fact a ship has been hovering over a city for ages?
>>
>>66844884
>>66845013

>>>/d/

or whatever weird shit you guys are into. you're clearly not normal.
>>
File: Fuck you.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>66829940
>watches "shit" multiple times
>thinks about "shit" frequently
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.