[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't the elves in Helm's Deep use any of their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Elves.jpg (604 KB, 1388x800) Image search: [Google]
Elves.jpg
604 KB, 1388x800
Why didn't the elves in Helm's Deep use any of their ninja powers?
>>
empty mana bar
>>
What are those feather things on the front of their helmets for?
>>
>>66828360
Aesthetic
>>
>>66828419
A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>66828419
Fucking elfs, man.
>>
>>66828360
makes 'em run faster
>>
File: xander.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
xander.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>66828360
Fashion
>>
>>66828136
I don't think that them turning up was in the book so it was however Peter Jackson wrote them
>>
I don't recall any elf other than Legolas in Helm's Deep, and i have read the book twice. Something im missing?
>>
>>66828940
>Something im missing?

That Jackson knows more about drama than Tolkien.
>>
>>66828136
They don't have the same level of ninja powers as Legolas because these elves aren't wood elves. They are fashion elves, so their power lies in their ability to look sharp and create style trends.
>>
>MAX CON 17
>still live for thousands of years
>>
File: bzzzz.png (149 KB, 264x197) Image search: [Google]
bzzzz.png
149 KB, 264x197
BBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>>66828940

I actually thought the way the film did it was pretty cool, few hundred Rohirrim and a handful of elves against thousands of orcs. the book I guess made them surviving seem more plausible
>>
>>66828136
they weren't even there in the first place, this was just another elf jerk off hackson did because elves everywhere
>>
>>66829680
>>66828940
>wahhh the book was better
>>/lit/
>>
>>66829745
This so much. The movies were beyond god tier well done in their own right.

You really can;t go wrong with reading the book or just watching the movie.
>>
I think this was nice idea for the movie.
It added much drama, to see this noble, ageless creatures get just fucking slaughtered by the raw and brutal Uruk Hai !
This was such a hopeless battle for the rohirim, it would have destroyed the atmosphere, seeing 100 guys do legolas ninja jumps and flips :D
Seriously, how hilarious would that have been ? Seeing hundreds of elves doing this artistic legolas moves
>>
>>66829680

LOTR is 10/10 perfection for me, but yeah, I've never understood Elf lovers, Elf personalities are like 2006 myspace emo teens.
>>
>>66829745
>implying /lit/ likes lotr
go back to /v/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.