[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I watched it yesterday. Why do people hate it? It's a pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: gods of egypt.jpg (139 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
gods of egypt.jpg
139 KB, 720x1080
I watched it yesterday. Why do people hate it? It's a pretty fun movie to watch in the cinema, I went in expecting it to be really bad but it wasn't. Also it had all races and mixes of people in it so I don't see a problem there. The movie definitely doesn't aim to be at all historically accurate.
>>
up
>>
down
>>
all around
>>
>>66823504
Because people are retarded and MUH SOCIAL JUSTICE
>>
File: 1402538707408.jpg (859 KB, 1378x1764) Image search: [Google]
1402538707408.jpg
859 KB, 1378x1764
>>66823504
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plc9FYCGTEI
>>
>>66823504
>movie about gods
>even trying to be historicaly accurate

I shouldn't even aim to be, of course.
>>
It was better than 50 Years A Slave at least imo. Some people question my taste tho
>>
>>66823504
Every single comment from a person complaining about this movie being too white I have personally seen has been made by a teenage, obviously middle class white girl.
>>
>>66824138
The plot was pretty simple but it was still a fun movie. Not worse than Thor plot wise.
>>
>>66824211
Or a teenage/early 20 black or asian girl. It's annoying when people use social justice to bitch about like everything.
>>
>>66824104
Why do people bitch about the CGI? The CGI looks awesome and makes the movie very visual.
>>
>>66823504
>Also it had all races and mixes of people in it so I don't see a problem there

the criticism was that the leads are mostly white. agree or disagree that it's valid, but it's not complicated unless you're an autist who doesn't understand why one major black character isn't the same as 4 major white characters + 2 eurasians (basically white in the eyes of most people)
>>
>>66824334
>The CGI looks awesome and makes the movie very visual.

boy that's some high praise. a visual movie.

the CGI for the suits was dogshit. get your eyes checked. the snake was a little better.
>>
>>66824344
They had the black god of knowledge and he was pretty cool and they had a black snake goddess. The people of Egypt were all of multiple races.
Also, Eurasians aren't white in the eyes of most people, they are mixed race.
>>
>>66824389
the vipers were PHENOMENAL
>>
>>66824460
>They had the black god of knowledge and he was pretty cool

I heard he was actually pretty dumb and got tricked.
>>
>>66824527
He wasn't dumb. The main baddie pulled his brain out but he pulled other gods organs out as well.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.