[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>genuinely enjoy older movies >afraid to talk about it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
>genuinely enjoy older movies
>afraid to talk about it with anyone in fear of seeming pretentious
Anyone else suffer from this?
>>
old movies are shit. inb4 go to watch capeshit.
>>
nah i'm not an insecure pleb boy
>>
File: 1435950932244.png (21 KB, 258x310) Image search: [Google]
1435950932244.png
21 KB, 258x310
>first day in intro to film studies at uni
>have to introduce yourself by telling class your favorite movie
>if you pick something too popular, people will think you're a pleb
>if you pick something too old or obscure, people will think you're a try hard
>get caught off guard when its your turn and blurt out, "Citizen Kane"
>TA says sarcastically, "That's an interesting choice Anon" and class laughs at you
>tfw so embarrased you have to drop class and give up dream of being a movie critic and writer/director
>>
File: 1439321267675.png (220 KB, 321x333) Image search: [Google]
1439321267675.png
220 KB, 321x333
I have no problem with talking about old movies, but there's really point to it. None of my friends watch any.
>>
>>66822967
>None of my friends watch any.

Do they complain about the actors "talking funny" and then complain the black and white is hurting their eyes for some reason?
>>
pair this with my insanely autistic music preferences and i basically cant talk to anyone about anything
>>
>>66822927
I wouldn't know how to answer this 2bh. Who even has a favorite movie? I'm not a goddamn kid
>>
>>66822568
Depends who you talk to, there are people with taste out there, you just need to find them
>>
>older movies

Christ I hate this fucking board.

Who is responsible for this place turning into such a shit hole? I'm not gonna pretend I didn't notice the quality of discussion dropping with the rise of cuck posting, Star Wars and capeshit.
>>
>>66823021
I don't really like older movie because they're too fake, i don't believe anything that happens on screen. At least for older hollywood movies from the 50s and before
>>
>>66823021
I'm sure they would, if they ever watched one. They just don't, it doesn't seem to interest them. I don't know.
>>
>>66823087
1. the mods for facilitating it and making /tv/ a gateway board to this site
2. reddit for being the actual demographic change that brought this about
>>
>>66823054
I have a favorite movie.
It's not easy to pick one, but I thought about it really hard and came up with an answer.
After all, it's just comparing. You just have to come up with a universal scale for comparing radically different movies.
Note: your favorite movie may not necessarily be the best movie you've ever seen.
>>
>>66822568
No. I just have nobody to talk about them with.
>>
>>66822927
>>66822568
being this autistic

just say your opinion and have some arguments to make your point.
>>
>>66823146
Arguing with idiots rarely works. They tend to hand-wave even the most rational arguments if they feel like it.
>>
why would anybody waste their time watching old movies? let's be real: any movie made before the 80s is trash
the only reason people do watch them is in to appear cultured. pathetic.
>>
>>66822568

>seeming
>>
>>66823406
silent films better than 1930-1980 era.
>>
>>66823092
>I don't really like older movie because they're too fake

It's not like the acting or plots in newer movies are closer to reality desu
>>
>>66822927
just say Taxi Driver or Raging Bull, only 4chan will ever give you shit for liking Scorcese. To the average film class, those answers will be amazing.
>>
>>66822927
>Not saying "Le Ascension du Chevalier Noir
BAKA fäm
>>
>>66823579
The problem i have is that to me, older movies look like play. The actors play like theatrical actors
>>
File: 1338899716820.jpg (4 KB, 171x158) Image search: [Google]
1338899716820.jpg
4 KB, 171x158
>>66822967
Same here. They don't like watching anything older than the late 80s because they think it's boring or something. They spam me with memes as soon as they learn anything new though.

>tfw pleb friends
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.