[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he deserve to die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: manswheels.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
manswheels.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Did he deserve to die?
>>
>>66819024
It's weird how you can from that shot the guy is standing on a box.
>>
>>66819075
He was standing on steps. There was no need for a box.
>>
>>66819085
That explains it.
>>
File: 62.jpg (53 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
62.jpg
53 KB, 300x375
>>66819085
Have you seriously never seen T2?

Is this who I'm conversing with on /tv/?
>>
>>66819166
Meant for >>66819137
>>
>>66819024
But the Terminator didn't kill him.
>>
>>66819024
He died?
>>
>>66819166
Of course I've seen it, you spaz. But this scene is such a small part of the movie I don't really think of it when thinking about T2.

>Oh hey, remember that bar scene in Terminator 2?
>Oh yeah, kind of

Everybody ever.
>>
>>66819193
>>66819187

No, but should he have been?

He drew a gun on a man that just destroyed a room full of bikers as well as (if he knew anything about his state's history:the image would have been a big deal) a guy who obliterated a fucking police station full of cops. Anyone that dumb deserves to die in my opinion. What did he expect to gain from pulling a gun on him? In terms of Terminator protocol, he really should have been killed. Seems like James really wanted that PG-13 rating.
>>
>>66819229
It's an iconic scene, and most people who grew up with T2 have watched it dozens of times.
>>
>>66819229
>He doesn't remember the your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle scene

You might as well have not watched it. Did you also forget the contender scene after watching On the Waterfront?
>>
>>66819267
The Terminators rarely kill for no reason, because they're not inherently evil. They kill them when it's the easiest solution.
Murdering that guy would have created a huge news story and would have made the police prioritize hunting him down.
Furthermore, Arnie was supposed to be a good guy. I'm sure he was programmed to avoid murdering people unless absolutely necessary.

Also, T2 was R-rated.
>>
>>66819467
>The Terminators rarely kill for no reason, because they're not inherently evil. They kill them when it's the easiest solution.
>Murdering that guy would have created a huge news story and would have made the police prioritize hunting him down.

Didn't stop the Terminator killing the gun merchant who didn't draw a weapon on him in the past.
>>
>>66819467
>Furthermore, Arnie was supposed to be a good guy. I'm sure he was programmed to avoid murdering people unless absolutely necessary.

Nup. Sounds reasonable but think of the jock douchebag and his black friend. Arnie is literally willing to kill them before John intervenes. If John doesn't nudge the shot the nigga is dead.
>>
>>66819024
Every human deserves to die. That's what the Terminator believe.
>>
>>66819527
That's because that was the only option he had. He needed the weapons, so he shot him. If he had done it any other way, he would have gotten into an unnecessary gun fight.
>>
>>66819568
Not really.

It can learn the value of human life. it just sees it as X earlier and if X takes Y then = death. It makes no sense for him not to kill the fat man.
>>
>>66819585
So the Terminator doesn't anticipate repercussions for taking a gun from another hostile in an environment where he had already seized assets from another group of hostiles?
>>
>>66819585
>That's because that was the only option he had. He needed the weapons, so he shot him. If he had done it any other way, he would have gotten into an unnecessary gun fight.

Shut up, dumbass. He was a Terminator. Primary function, kill people. Incidentals wouldn't come into it.
>>
>>66819681
> Primary function, kill people.
No, you retard. His goal was to kill Sarah Connor.
There are plenty of instances where he doesn't automatically kill everyone he needs something from, like the thugs in T1. He asks them for their clothes, and only kills one of them after he's attacked.
As I mentioned, I'm also fairly certain that in T2 he was programmed to not kill unless absolutely necessary. There's a reason he stabs one of the bikers through the shoulder, rather than outright killing him. It's the same with the guy he steals the bike and clothes from. He takes his gun, but lets him live.
>>
File: 1454524727199.jpg (118 KB, 918x720) Image search: [Google]
1454524727199.jpg
118 KB, 918x720
>>66819229
wat, is this cunt for real?
>>
>>66819467
>implying when those two dudes came over that killing that black dude who was already scared shitless and ready to run was absolutely necessary
>>
>>66819550
Yeah, because Dipshit Connor told him to "Grab the guy" and things escalated quickly.

Terminators are infiltrators first and foremost, no unwanted attention.
>>
I think the terminator could tell he wasn't ready to shoot.

Also he did say ''I can't let ya take the man's will''. So he wasn't exactly trying to kill the terminator. Just keep him from taking his will
>>
>>66821026
What the fuck is his will? You mean wheels?
>>
File: 12509006.jpg (7 KB, 229x204) Image search: [Google]
12509006.jpg
7 KB, 229x204
>>66821026
>I can't let ya take the man's will
what the fuck are you deaf
>>
>>66820468
>>66819550
The scene was only there to show John teaching the Terminator the value of human life, which was a major theme in the movie. If you want an argument from within the movie universe itself, you could say the jocks were a more direct threat because John Connor was there.
>>
>>66821471
>>66821509
No you idiots. He specificity said ''I can't let you take a man's will.''
>>
File: 1420593906623.gif (675 KB, 101x125) Image search: [Google]
1420593906623.gif
675 KB, 101x125
>>66821586
>>
>>66819229
>>Oh yeah, kind of

Bullshit. Fucking bullshit.

Everybody is like "the part where he takes the dudes shotgun and sunglasses?". It's iconic.
>>
File: prev-udoNqgFZqjg.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
prev-udoNqgFZqjg.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>fire off a warning shot
>get your gat forcibly taken
>get your sunglasses took
>ain't no such thing as halfway crooks

How embarrassing
>mfw
>>
>AL be black.
What the fuck is he racist?
>>
>>66819585

Someone post that autistic breakdown of the gun shop scene
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.