[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what a fucking horrible movie this is. do you feel good knowing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: wp_ss_20160306_0001.png (500 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160306_0001.png
500 KB, 800x480
what a fucking horrible movie this is. do you feel good knowing that you have to like pieces of shit like these in order to appear deep and intellectual? kill yourself /tv/.
>>
Tommy Wiseau got rip
>>
>>66815291
Weak bait is weak bait.
>>
>>66815291
No, people pretend to not like this and other Scorsese films to appear deep and intellectual.
>>
>>66815435
/thread
>>
Is that Tommy Wiseau on the right?

>>66815415
He was always in great shape.
>>
I've given this movie 3 tries and I seriously don't get what it is that people love so much about it.

It was great for its time, fine, but we're not in the 70s anymore. By modern standards I really don't think this film holds up, and there are older ones that do so please contain yourself before you tell me to go watch Transformers or something. No one has ever been able to explain to me what's so great about it either, so I feel inclined to agree with OP.
>>
>>66815848
It's a true film noir, very dark and psychedelic. Travis is an interesting character and the plot is unique. It may be slow, but it has a huge amount of memorable scenes and imagery

> are you looking at me
>>
>>66815848
>It was great for its time, fine, but we're not in the 70s anymore. By modern standards I really don't think this film holds up
Is there a more meaningless criticism than this?

>No one has ever been able to explain to me what's so great about it either
Then you're blind and not looking because its among the most acclaimed films of all times. Countless pieces have been written extolling it
>>
File: Babby.jpg (43 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
43 KB, 600x394
If you can't understand this film, then congratulations. You've never known true loneliness and despair.

Keep that chin up, boyo. Right up.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 600x405
>>66815291
>>
File: b8 weak.png (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
b8 weak.png
13 KB, 200x200
>>66815291
>>
File: costanza.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>66815291
>deep and intellectual
>Taxi Driver

It's not that hard to understand unless you're a child OP
>>
>>66815291

This shot is pretty cool. Is there a HD version of it so I can use it as my desktop pls?
>>
>>66818283
If I find it will you promise to use it?
>>
>>66818344

Yes.
>>
File: hd.jpg (31 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
hd.jpg
31 KB, 800x480
>>66818362
>>
>>66815291
>ohhiTravis.png
>>
>>66818385
KEK
>>
>>66815987
OP here. As an example it wasn't as good as Road to Perdition or Drive, two similar movies that have surpassed Taxi Driver in.every way
>>
>>66818580
fuck you. I'm OP you cocksucker. memento is way deeper than this POS and Nolan is the best movie director ever.
>>
hahaha, porra henrique
>>
S U C K
O N
T H I S
>>
>>66815819
No, you fucking idiot
>>
>>66820539
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqh8Qn46JW0
>>
>>66815848
the relatabilitu of Travis's self loathing and loneliness and want to be a normal person. His torture of himself of setting himself up for defeat. realizing he forces himself into the situations that make him feel the worst; late nights in the parts of town, sabotaging relationships to reinforce his self hatred. Watching him save Iris (who didn't want to be saved) just to fill a satisfaction to die for something. He tries to kill himself after saving her showing that he really didn't give a shit about her at all.

You aren't supposed to like Travis.

I still don't know why he tried to shoot Palantine like wtf was that. It's still a pretty overrated movie.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.