[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think of Dexter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: dexter_4.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
dexter_4.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think of Dexter?
Anyone else a little disappointed with the ending?
>>
File: 1450326586508.jpg (6 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1450326586508.jpg
6 KB, 255x220
>>66813940
>Anyone else a little disappointed with the ending?
How long have you been here? Everyone on /tv/ knows the end was dogshit.
>>
Everything went to shit after season 4, though S3 wasn't that great. I dropped it at the beginning of S7 because of how stupid it was getting.
>>
>>66814065
>Everything went to shit after season 4, though S3 wasn't that great
>>66813940

Season 5 gets a lot of criticism but I dont see why. The rape/murder gang lead by the motivational speaker (who didn't actually murder or rape anyone himself) was different from the antagonists of the previous seasons. I liked season 5. Try watching it again.

6 7 and 8 are terrible. 7 and 8 being nearly unwatchable.
>>
>>66813940
>66813940 (OP)
>>Anyone else a little disappointed with the ending?
Disliking the ending is literally a fucking meme. The ending was fine. He didn't get what he wanted and will live his life alone, suicide was too easy a punishment.
>>
>>66814338
season 7 was pretty good actually
>>
>>66814338
I liked Deb knowing about Dexter
Her wanting to fuck him was a stretch
It was a lot different from when he was just doing shit because he was trying to keep up his cover life, but that always seemed just a little forced, like if he was really emotionless he wouldn't be able to make it work for so long.
It was nice seeing him get humanized a bit
There are a lot of times when I'd of rather seen him just murder some people right away, Like Dr Vogel for instance
Plus that whole Harry's ghost thing pissed me off
Really the biggest problem I had was him ditching Hannah and Harrison after they made it such a big deal he cared about them, and going off on his own.
Especially when they could have just killed him.
>>
Season 1 is good, season 2 is alright, season 3 sucks, season 4 gets good again, season 5 starts out fantastic with the first episode then goes to shit, season 6 and beyond is just absolute garbage and not even worth watching.
>>
>>66814540
>>66814475
>>
the whole show is kino, desu
>>
>>66813940
It's basically "XD so sociopathic and dark, just like me XD" the show.
>>
>>66816164
you're thinking or mr.robot
>>
>>66813940
The ending of Dexter was bad, but genuinely better than the ending of Breaking Bad..

The only difference is Breaking Bad pandered, hard. Walter literally kills nazi's with a machine gun turrent he builds using the power of SCIENCEtm and jesse drives into the sunset. What shit.

But the breaking bad fad circle has decided it's a master piece, so everyone has to agree
>>
The ending was the best part and the last season was outstanding, probably the best thing ever came out from TV with NCIS. Only mad SJWs who think he deserved a punishment will be mad at the ending
>>
I think Deb x Dexter would have been an interesting storyline rather than her JUSTing herself by fucking dudes left and right.

I wanted her to in the very least become an assistant at least enable dexter to go after more high profile people.
>>
>>66816164
The first four seasons of the show are anything BUT that. They're hammering home the point that Dexter is delusional and his serial killing ways are only going to hurt the people he cares about. Ice Truck Killer goes after Deb, Lila nearly burns his stepchildren alive, he lets a psycho like Miguel Prado loose into the world, and even Harry killed himself when he realized what a monster he had created. Dexter may kill the "right" people, but he's still a fucking murderer no matter how he dresses it up. This was hammered home in the ending of season 4, where Trinity murders Rita and his son is born in blood just as he was. It would have been a perfect tragic ending to the series.

then the writers changed, and the women who replaced the original team thought the show was about the Dark Defender and turned it into the meme series you're describing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.