[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: TFA star destroyer.jpg (622 KB, 1440x1247) Image search: [Google]
TFA star destroyer.jpg
622 KB, 1440x1247
What was the deal with this star destroyer?

Was it incomplete or damaged or what?
>>
Super new design donut steel
>>
What the fuck are you talking about? You might hate the movie but that ship is perfectly fine.
>>
>>66810541
shut your fucking mouth it is beautiful
>>
>>66810541
They accentuated the underbite so you'd be reminded of BOyega's jaw everytime you saw it.
>>
>>66810541
That's just what they look like now becasue someone thought it looked good.

Probably related to this cunt:
>>66810564
>>
>>66810541
Presumably they stopped putting the bridge in a giant tower after a single kamikaze took down the Imperial flagship in RotJ.
>>
>>66810541
I like the look of that Star Destroyer. I still think this movie lacked a lot of the creativety from the other films. Some new aliens looked good though
>>
>>66810711
You could put the bridge anywhere and as long as it's like the previous ones it can be smashed through
>>
>>66810836
Why not just have multiple control bridges in case of emergency. One in the front and middle for example. Feels kind of dumb to rely on just one.
>>
>>66810883
I'm sure wookiepedia has the answer you need

The real answer though is it's Star Wars and it looks cool
>>
>>66810541
it was a glib facsimile
>>
>>66810541
It's a new class of Star Destroyer

t. person who read the Episode VII novel
>>
>>66810883
Because they're based on Battleships and you can't take Star Wars too seriously.
>>
>>66810940
>>66811011
Yeah, you guys are right.
>>
File: sdf.png (9 KB, 341x413) Image search: [Google]
sdf.png
9 KB, 341x413
>>66810541
What angers me is: you think no matter how uninspired modern concept artists are, they could at least look at mcquarrie's work and somewhat duplicate why it works. Keep things simple and use strong base shapes.

Instead everything is a complicated mess with no characterizing features.

Take star destroyers for example. It's all about the triangle. But the wide hexagon mast section / twin spheres are distinct from the triangle body, and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts because fucking variety and composition.

So how do they fuck it up? They repeat the triangle edges with layers and layers of decks, drowning out the triangle shape, without even getting rythym out of the repetition. Then the mast section/spheres are shrunken to nothing and just blend in to look like another layer. Pic related, look mom im designing!
>>
>>66811306

most concept artists now are faggots like feng zhu who literally copypaste shit they find on the internet.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.